“Convenient Location, Exceptional Staff”

Hyatt Regency Toronto
Ranked #31 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Convenient Location, Exceptional Staff”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here for two nights, Friday and Saturday at the beginning of May for my boyfriend's birthday. We ended up arriving pretty late on the Friday because of delays in Ottawa. Despite this, the hotel staff tried to be as accommodating to our needs as possible. Unfortunately, because it was a very busy night, they were unable to provide us with what we requested. We asked if we could have a balcony, or opening windows because I have severe allergies, and need fresh air from time to time. But I understood, there's only so much they can do. Since they were unable to accommodate our request that night, they explained that they would set aside a balcony room for us for the next night. Which was very kind of them. When we got to the room, I noticed in the bathroom that there was quite a bit of dust, and a bit of mold. I chose not to bother complaining since they were already doing us a favour by upgrading us the next night. Unfortunately my sleep was not the greatest because of my allergies, although the bed was quite comfortable. And the view was beautiful from our room. The next day, around check out time, we went back to the front desk to see if we could move to our balcony room. They explained that the room was not yet ready for us, but that we can leave our stuff in the room and the housekeeping will bring our stuff to our new room while we are away. I was slightly uncomfortable with this, just because I'm very cautious with other people touching my stuff. I expressed my concerns to the hotel staff, and again, they were very accommodating. So they chose to give us a complimentary upgrade to a private suite with a balcony, because it was already cleaned and available for us. This made our already amazing weekend even better. My boyfriend was quite happy as well that we got a free upgrade for his birthday. The suite was pretty much perfect. Very clean and spacious. And another wonderful view of Toronto. We were very satisfied.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay. The staff is what made my experience here memorable. However I will comment that parking fees are absurd. I do understand however, that all hotels have ridiculous fees for parking. We were very fortunate to have a friend that lent us his parking spot, and luckily very close to the hotel as well. Also, I would never pay the full price for these hotel rooms; they are simply not worth the 250$+ that they cost regularly. My advice is to book through one of the discount booking websites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Great location close to everything thats happening in toronto! Checked in a little after 12am and was told no loud noise after 10pm but got woken up at 2am by other guests screaming and singing in the hallway. Before this found hair in the bathroom floor, in the toilet and the toilet had a RING in it all within 2 minutes of checking in.. Asked if we can have housekeeping come and clean it, but was told no 24 hours housekeeping so I have to wait until tmr morning if I want it cleaned.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Mzjulz
London, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed on a Thursday night and found the stay very comfortable. The room was quiet and clean. The hotel itself is very nice and the location is perfect if you are attending any of the shows at Mirvish Theatres. The rooms are laid out in such a way that they are not all close together.

There are plenty of fantastic places to eat nearby and lots of pubs; Starbucks in the lobby and a little market right at the corner of King and Spadina. We scored a great deal on Hotwire.

Room Tip: Parking on site with in and out privileges. Parking and lobby is off Charlotte St one block east of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rok67
Brisbane
Reviewed May 24, 2013

What really made this hotel was the quality of the wonderful staff. Warm accommodating people who truly made you feel that they cared as to whether or not you had a good time. As far as hotel rooms go, it was another hotel room, nothing special but nothing bad either. I would consider staying here again, if I ever returned to Toronto.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Syracuse
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed three nights in April at this hotel and had no problems at all. Room was clean, up on the 14th floor. Had nice view of King Street toward downtown and could see the CN Tower to the right. Hotel was quiet. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Parking at $32 per night was steep. Very convenient to restaurants along King Street and a stone's throw from Second City, where we had tickets. Very convenient to the underground shopping area and theaters. There's a Starbucks attached but plenty of cheap places for breakfast down the block. We did not eat at any of the hotel establishments. We got a Hotwire deal for $87 per night, so that made it even better!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Metsfan52
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the view and cleanliness of your room. It is gratifying to hear that you found our close proximity to restaurants, shopping and theaters to be so convenient. We will look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt in the future.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I checked in at 5 pm on a wednesday and was told my room wasn't ready. I explained that it was not like I was trying to check in early and after asking for a supervisor's help, they finally found me a room. this is a former holiday inn and has seen its best days. the carpet in the room was disgusting and the hotel just felt dirty. It also took several minutes to get an elevator up or down. when i did get settled in the room, i found out that the internet was down. these things do happen but their solution was to go to the starbucks close by. I had a lot of work to do and decided i needed to move to another hotel. they promised not to bill me but we will see what happens!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank carlester c
Hyatt_370_King_St, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns regarding your previous stay with us, and regret to hear that your stay was not to your entire satisfaction. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. The opportunity to speak with you directly is welcomed. Please feel free to contact me at amelia.duffy@hyatt.com . We thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Toronto.

Guest Relations
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the weekend,and had a horrible experience. I realized I didnt have toothpaste and saw a hotel brochure on the desk outlining the toiletries they can provide free of charge. It said right underneath it,that the attendant will bring it up,knock on the door twice and leave it on the handle. So I figured it was safe to jump in the shower,if I missed the knock,he would leave it on the door. So Im standing in the shower with the bathroom door wide open,glass doors...look up and a man is standing in my room. I almost died of a heartattack. I then heard him yell," toothpaste!". I yelled," just put in on the table!!" My knees were knocking. NO WOMAN or anyone for that matter wants to be in a shower and look up and see a man standing therep. I wS thinking Bates Motel. I got out and called frontdesk right away. The first guy I had on the phone tried playing me for a fool,telling me I had to specify to leave it on door .NOWHERE did it say that. I reread it 5 x. The supervisor then calls me, and basically laughs it off,apologizing. Can you believe,not one offer of an upgrade,or a damn free coffee or breakfast? Nothing! If this were a true 4 star,Id be offered something. Ive had upgrades over a broken coffee maker. No 4 star would ever not acknowledge that.A man walked in my room as I was showering and he didnt think it was too serious. I will NEVER go back there again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo