“Great hotel...”

Ranked #30 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ontario, Canada
“Great hotel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here for a 2 day sales meeting, the first week of January. The concierge was exceptional, rooms clean, and an amazing view. I don't have anything negative to say but 2 recommendations:
1) the bathroom has something similar to a glass wall that faces the sleeping area. You will have no idea that you've shone a beacon of light directly onto your roomie, so be prepared for screams. It's really bright in a room that's pitch dark....
2) Parking is on the east side of the hotel and every sign you see advises you to check in before you park. Not necessary. Just know your licence plate or model of car if you're renting.
Overall, a very comfortable room that was quiet and very clean.

Room Tip: I really think any room will be good but if you aren't from Toronto, ask for one that will allo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hawaii2009for3
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
It’s a delight to read that you had an excellent stay at our property. I’m pleased that you found the concierge service to be exceptional and your room to be very clean. Thank you for sharing your recommendations with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Toronto in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for a quick getaway weekend for the Swedish House Mafia concert at the Rogers Centre.

Great location, plenty of food and bars within steps. Lots of nearby attractions as well.

I'd stay here again for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Milton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed Feb 23/24 weekend for my best friends bachelorette, we had two double bed rooms booked, the rooms were nice and clean, the staff was also very nice. Management was very helpful later in the evening, as we had guests coming to visit us before going out for the night. The only major dilemma I think I had was that when I ordered room service the day I checked in (chicken sandwich and a pop), when it got delivered I paid the guy and kept the receipt. When I started eating I noticed on the receipt that I got charged double for delivery ($3 each), I am not sure why because in the guest book it does not mention delivery charges will be charged for each item, so still something I would like to know. Also, room service also charges tax and adds the 15% tip by itself, so you don't have to tip more unless you want to. Overall the weekend went well, my friends and I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'll start with the plus column: the location is downtown, right on the edge of the live theatre and entertainment district, in the midst of numerous restaurant choices and a short distance from the downtown financial core.
In the negative column: the hotel has been renovated but the guest rooms are cramped and awkwardly designed. A couple will have a difficult time moving around in the room and if someone sits at the tiny working desk in the corner, a twin layout prevents anyone from squeezing by. Curved cabinet pieces, painted in garish colours, add up to very small, relatively useless drawers. Our bathroom was also very small with almost no counter space for personal items. Parking is underground - be careful that your paid tickets are up to date on the dashboard! Overall, you have to make a number of sacrifices for a stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LakesiderToronto
Royal Oak, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel which we booked on Hotwire for $92.00/night.

The hotel is right downtown. In the middle of the theatre district. There are a lot of "kids" who stay at the hotel to party. After 10:00 p.m. they have a hotel staff in front of the elevators making sure non-guests do not get up to the rooms. We stayed on the "adult" floor which was quiet. The room was fine. Beautiful view of downtown and the CN Tower. The bed was comfortable and the TV worked well. The bathroom was fine too. I really liked the workout facility. They had just the right amount of machines and weights, but the view made it all that much better. Not huge, but good enough.

The staff was nothing special. The Concierge was a bellman with a computer. The parking was expensive, but kept the car warm and safe during out stay. The metro was about five blocks away which can be a long walk if you do not like the cold. However, it is Toronto in the middle of the winter.

If I had to go back, I would prefer staying in Yorkville, but at the right price, the Hyatt Regency was a great value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Antwerp
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was in Toronto on a business trip and we stayed in the Hyatt. Rooms were lovely, huge beds and ample pillows ( I hate hotels where you just get one pillow. Here I had about seven). Coffee facility was nice, as was the coffee you got during breakfast which was starbucks coffee.

I loved the smoothie at breakfast and the fresh fruit selection. I stayed for three nights. Two mornings we got a buffet, one morning it was à la carte. I took the huevos rancheros and the portion was huge, just as the other dishes my fellow travellers chose.

Service was average. When I wanted to take a shuttle to the airport they weren't that helpful.

The hotel is in the entertainment district but restaurants close very early as does the bar at the hotel. Everything is shut by 11 pm, which was a big disappointment to us, they do, however, have a nice selection of whiskey.

All in all nice hotel for business but that said I had a kind of vip pass to use the internet. I'm not sure that is included with all te rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently hosted a meeting at the Hyatt Regency in Toronto and this organization sure knows what they're doing! The meeting space was nicely appointed, the food was delicious and the staff were very friendly and attentive. Our rooms were nicely appointed and spacious, the bed was super comfy and the decor was chic and modern. I would deduct points for limited counter space in the bathroom (but now I'm just being nit-picky), the fitted sheet on my king sized bed had a small rip in it and the walls are quite thin (I could hear my neighbours blackberry sounding every few minutes). That said, none of these things was so egregious as to make me not return to the Hyatt Regency.

I host several meetings for my business partners every year and I will be sticking with the Hyatt when I'm hosting in Toronto!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kelcampbell
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I’m so excited to hear that your business meeting was a success. I’ll be sure to share your kind words with our management team letting them know you found the service to be top notch and the staff to be very friendly and attentive. We look forward to your next event. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Toronto!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate