I travelled to this property in November of 2012 with 11 co-workers for a business trip. When trying to set up a group rate, we were originally quoted $169. The second quote was $149. In the end, we did not pursue the group rate and booked rooms individually on the hotel's website for $139.
I experienced one major issue with this property... the room I was in (1106) was definitely not cleaned to an appropriate standard. I took the attached photos and showed them to the front desk staff. I was advised that the Manager was in a meeting, but that my parking fees would be waived (2 vehicles in self ground parking at $35/night each) and that my room would be cleaned immediately in the morning. I asked that the room be cleaned as early as possible in the morning as I would be returning from a meeting for a few hours. I indicated that I did not wish to change rooms because I was pregnant and just too tired to pack everything up and get settled somewhere new. The following occured:
- My room was not cleaned prior to noon. I arrived back at the hotel around 11:30 am and my room had not yet been attended to. When I came back at 5:00 pm, the room had been cleaned.
- When I went to check out, only one night of parking fees had been waived. I was under the impression based on my conversation with the front desk staff and the note left in my room that all three nights would be waived. However, I did not pursue the issue as $70 was removed from my overall bill.
- When I returned back to my room at 5:00 pm, there was a fruit and cheese tray, a bottle of wine, two wine glasses, and a note from the Manager left in my room. This was a nice gesture, but I had explained to the front desk staff that I am pregnant. The bottle of wine was therefore inappropriate and only reiterated the fact that my concerns had not been properly addressed.
- The room was cleaned to a substandard level, with many of the same issues in the attached photos still present.
Overall, the following and general positive and negative points about the hotel:
- Location. Close to all major attractions, the Subway, and the streetcar.
- Starbucks within the hotel, as well as well-stocked gift shop.
- Reasonable rate for downtown Toronto.
- Quick and efficient check-in and check-out.
- An attempt was made to rectify an issue brought to the front desk staff.
- Hotel was quiet.
- Bed was comfortable.
- Rooms are relatively small.
- My room did not have a full length mirror anywhere. This is not the case in all rooms, as my co-worker had a full length mirror in his room.
- Room not cleaned to an appropriate standard.
- Parking is expensive at $30 or $35/night, depending on where you park. Internet is also expensive at $14.95/day.
- Washroom was small, with no counter space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Toronto Entertainment District, central downtown, is the beautiful Hyatt Regency Toronto. Boasting 394 guestrooms including 32 deluxe suites on 20 floors. Typical guestroom features include 42inch plasma television, iPod Docking station, multi-media interface capabilities, massaging showerhead and other comforts of home. For business or pleasure, the Hyatt Regency Toronto provides the perfect location for anywhere you need to be in Toronto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Toronto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Toronto Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Hyatt Regency
- Holiday Inn Toronto