Note that all the opinions shared in my reviews are based on those of a 25 year old business man who loves to travel and dine. Also note that i will not provide any pictures with my reviews.
It is very difficult to take photographs that actually do the subject justice. *trust me, i have tried and you simply cannot take a picture that truly justifies a hotel room.*
Rooms looked nice in the pictures however all they did was take an old beaten down hotel and try to put modern furniture to cover everything up. Don't get me wrong, i don't think that's a bad idea, I've stayed in hotels where they've done that before, however this one failed at it.
You could see the rust in the corner of the rooms,showers, bathrooms and closets.
Also you have to pay for Internet Wi-Fi, I told myself: ''you know what, it's downtown Toronto, i'll let it slide'' HOWEVER, here's the kicker, you have to pay Wi-Fi for EACH DEVICE YOU USE, meaning if you are a business man like me OR if you have a family and you need to connect
1. Laptop, 2. I-Pad or Tablet 3. I-Phone or Smartphone 4.2nd Laptop, you will be charged around 10-15$ for each device.
Breakfast was not very good, it's your typical buffet that you'd expect from a lower class hotel but not from a supposedly superior quality hotel like this one. *Not to mention that, they would charge you 25$ per plate*
There are a few positives from this hotel
The hotel Lobby and the bar is nice.
Staff is friendly
The location is very convenient and close to everything
Ex: Rogers Center, Convention Center, Restaurants, Much Music, Shopping.
For the price which averages around 200-240$, i highly suggest staying at the Soho Metropolitan which is just around the block.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Toronto Entertainment District, central downtown, is the beautiful Hyatt Regency Toronto. Boasting 394 guestrooms including 32 deluxe suites on 20 floors. Typical guestroom features include 42inch plasma television, iPod Docking station, multi-media interface capabilities, massaging showerhead and other comforts of home. For business or pleasure, the Hyatt Regency Toronto provides the perfect location for anywhere you need to be in Toronto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Toronto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Toronto Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Hyatt Regency
- Holiday Inn Toronto