“Excellent Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Toronto
Ranked #31 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent two nights there with my wife. We were attending a conference at the Metro Convention Centre so great location. Rooms are clean. Staff is very nice and gentle. Didn't eat there so I can't tell about the food. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Mohamad M;

Thank you for going out of your way to share your thoughts about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Toronto. It's great to hear how much you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back & your referral is greatly appreciated.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (2,581)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Based on what other hotels in the vicinity offer, I will not pay more than CAD150 per night for this hotel.... tops. Everything in this property is space constrained. Small and cramped lobby, small elevators with a very tight elevator lobby that can easily get packed, tiny "sub-Ikea" furnished (newly renovated --they say-- BUT WITH REALLY CHEAP MATERIALS) rooms, very low ceiling, and very cramped bathroom (I have been on sailboats with bigger heads) best characterize this property. The hotel has a very dated overall atmosphere that the veneer of recent renovation (so says the website) cannot conceal. It did not surprise me when I learned that this property is a former Holiday Inn. It strongly appears that all they did was changed was the sign at the door. Food is so-so. Definitely, this is not the property one comes to expect with the Hyatt Regency brand especially in a tier one market like Toronto.

I had to stay in this hotel solely for the convenience of staying in the same venue as the conference I attended. At CAD342 per night plus tax, I could have made an exponentially far better choice. The Toronto Hilton, a new Hilton Garden Inn and the Shangri-la are very short walks from this hotel.

Room Tip: I had an "upgraded" corner room ... it doesnt say much. Forget the balcony that hey may...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hyatt Regency Toronto. I apologize for the issues you had at with your guestroom. I am pleased that we were able to reach out to you regarding your recent experience. Your feedback is very important as it will allow us to continue and improve our guest experience. I am glad that I had the opportunity to assist you. I hope we can restore your confidence in Hyatt on your next stay.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Spent a nigh here with a couple of girlfriends.

Lots of restaurants around
Great location in the entertainment district
5 min walk from the subway
Rooms are clean but the bathroom door got jammed a couple times

• Stayed: October 2012
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear ShortyNB,

Thank you for selecting Hyatt Regency Toronto for your most recent trip to Toronto. We take great pride in our downtown location and I'm pleased to see you found it conveniently located near Toronto’s top attractions and great restaurants. We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Toronto!

Warmly,
Customer Service

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had to come to Toronto to take my father in-law for surgery early in the morning.
So we chose to stay at the Hyatt Regency on King St. When checking in the lady at the front desk asked us why we were in town. We told her the reason and she was very compassionate. Couldn't have been better. She graciously upgraded our room and to our surprise sent room service with a lovely fruit tray,Perrier and Evian water for the four of us with four lovely stemmed glasses.
Our room was very nice and we thank the young lady very much who looked after us.
Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for providing such a kind review. It’s always fantastic to read when our guests have a perfect stay at our property. I’m glad that our front desk staff was able to accommodate you and your family in an upgraded room given the situation. I’ll be sure to share your wonderful comments with our management team. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here for one night in August as part of a trip to Toronto and Ottawa. We had high hopes for this place - it was our last night in Canada and thought this would be a great place to stay. But we were wrong. The staff were efficient but not in a friendly way - it was more here's you key now get away from the desk.

The room and bathroom were clean. My complaint about the bathroom was the frosted glass window on the wall which meant you could see who was in the loo from the room (and considering I was sharing with a friend and my bed was right next to the window meant I saw more than I wanted to!!).

Both beds were horribly lumpy, mines was worse than the other which meant when I lay on one side of the bed, I rolled into the middle. Did not have a good night's sleep. When I complained in the morning, the clerk didn't apologise.

One positive comment - the view from the roof top pool at sunset is amazing.

I would not stay here again and would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear 3townlad:

Thank you for taking a moment to share about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Toronto. We're sorry to learn of your experience, and how it didn't meet your expectations. Please note that all of our rooms have the same setup for the bathrooms in our guestrooms. We're sorry to learn of the mattress not being comfortable for your sleeping arrangements. We hope this experience doesn't deter you from joining us at a Hyatt property again, as we look forward to another chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

A typical Hyatt hotel. Decent front of house service. Rooms are standard and dull, beds fine. Food very average. Perhaps the worst aspect of hotel is the terrible interior design and furniture, faux sophistication that masks cheap materials and a lack of any real vision. The hotel is a monument to uninspired design.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear McConnon,

I’m very sorry to learn about your negative experience at the hotel. We strive to ensure that all guests are pleased with their accommodations. I apologize the experience you had did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please feel free to contact us.

Warmly,
Customer Service

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Superb 1st class hotel with very attentive staff that take care or your needs. Rooms are spacious, concierge atservice unparalleled and even the doorman is to be commended. Well located for business, shopping and tourist attractions.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Bonjours!

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Toronto. Our employees will be recognized for the fantastic service provided during your visit. We take pride with knowing your stay exceeded your expectations. We hope to welcome you back soon!