“HYATT REGENCY TORONTO”

Ranked #30 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Baltimore, MD
“HYATT REGENCY TORONTO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Hyatt Regency is a great hotel with a great location in Toronto, It is what you would expect of A Hyatt. It is located in the Theatre district. If you take a left out of the building there are a couple of theatres and "restaurant row" is within walking distance. We arrived in the early afternoon after sight seeing and were informed that I was the Guest of the day, My standard room was upgraded to a Suite. How cool is that? When we got to our suite, there was a printed card from the Manager Bonnie, welcoming us to the Hotel and some chocolate dessert and bottles of water. Parking is a little pricey, but parking is a premium in the area. It should be mentioned that the parking entrance is on the side of the hotel and we missed it the first time that we looked for it. The hotel has a Starbucks in the lobby and a bar and restaurant. There are plenty of restaurants and food places in the area. In the evening, the maid turned down our bed and left chocolates. The staff was courteous and helpful in answering all of our questions. I loved Toronto and the Hyatt is a great place to stay. I recommend it highly. Thanks, Bonnie for making a great trip even better!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're delighted to hear Bonnie helped make your stay one to remember! We're pleased you were able to take advantage of our excellent theater district location. Your recommendation is our highest compliment. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed for four nights over the thanksgiving weekend to visit our daughter. The location cannot be beat. It was close to Second City, Princess Of Wales theatre (War Horse) and Queen street shopping. We were a little apprehensive based on previous reviews that the bathroom was small and there was no storage space. Our room was on the 11th floor and the room was very modern and spacious. The layout was visually appealing and the bathroom was very spacious with lots of counter space and under counter space for your toiletries. The bed was very cosy with down-filled pillows and conforter. There is a Tim Horton's down the street and Starbucks in the hotel. There are restaurants galore across the street and down John Street and Queen Street. I have stayed at a another hotel close by for business but I enjoyed the Hyatt much more. The only negative is that the coffee & glasses were not replaced daily but overall, we would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay at the rooms with the curved windows as the rooms are more spacious
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear skaisari,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, and location of the hotel. We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Toronto!

Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I hesitated to write this review as I did not want to slam the hotel, but wanted to show how a problem can be resolved by hotel staff who take their jobs very seriously.

I was booked into this hotel for a three night stay for a conference. The first night while trying to find a plug in, I unexpectedly found a pile of dust behind the bed. I was tired and decided not to make a big deal of it and speak with the housekeeping staff in the morning. I had to leave my room for a minute but had the good fortune to run into one of the room managers, Sam. He really wanted to know how I had found my room, and I did explain about the dust. He offered immediately to send up housekeeping but I declined as I wanted to get to bed.
I had an uncomfortable night with sneezing and had a bit of a sore throat from coughing, but immediately thought of the dust and was sure that it would be cleaned up that day. Imagine my dismay when I returned in the afternoon only to discover that the dust had not been vacuumed up, but in fact when i took a look, it really was much worse than I expected. I also noted that there was dust on the mattress platform in the corners. I immediately called and explained that i had spoken with Sam the previous evening, I spoke with both Stephanie and Joe and they sent a housekeeper and a supervisor right up and I explained the problem. they told me they would ensure it was vacuumed and also called to repair the shower head as I ended up hugging the shower wall in the morning due to a broken shower head. I left the room for a short period of time and expected that the room woluld be cleaned while I was out.

I returned to the room to find the shower had been repaired, but still dust behind the bed and the in the mattress plaform. I phoned back to the front desk and asked Joe to come up and take a look ~ as I described it, "You could grow a garden back there". Joe did come up and look and the next thing I knew he arranged for me to have a new room and sent a bellman up to help with my bags.

I was put in a very, very nice room and really appreciated it, I unpacked and was pretty confident that all was well. Joe called to ensure that I was comfortable but while on the phone I took a look behind this bed as well.......you guessed it, dust again. I asked Joe to bring up a vacuum again and I would fix it myself, but within a minute there was someone else there with a vacuum and within minutes the room was cleaned and no more dust around the bed.

I don't mean to write a novel, but really wanted to illustrate how the staff at this hotel are really focused on customer comfort and satisfaction with their stay. I could not be happier with how this turned out and as a result I would be very happy to book another stay here and recommend the hotel to friends, family, and colleagues.

So a big thanks to Sam, Joe and Stephanie adn the housekeeping staff.

Just to let you know about other things I really liked about the hotel the location is great, there is drug store and restaurants close by. Both my rooms had a safe, and working iron, coffee maker and hairdryer ~ all very important when travelling for me! There is a bar with a restaurant in the lobby, I grabbed a quick bite to eat a couple of times and really appreciated the convenience store in the hotel as well and found a couple of cute gifts for kids.

Thank you Hyatt!

Room Tip: My first room was in close proximity to two others so the noise level was appreciably higher with do...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear FreeHoliday,

Thank you for selecting Hyatt Regency Toronto for your most recent trip to Toronto. We take great pride in our downtown location and I'm pleased to see you found it conveniently located. We’re glad to learn that we were able to rectify the issue you had upon your first night with us, regarding the shower and dust in the room. I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed the service you were provided by our great team and that they were able to turn around your stay. We hope to welcome you back again for your next stay in Toronto!

san francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Location is convenient if you want to stay in the boho area of Toronto. Problem, housekeeping did not change the sheets from the previous guests. There is no concierge service, there is a concierge but the staff doesn't have much knowledge, rather the receptionists were more helpful. The place, on the whole, seems sad and tired.

Should double check the bill. As a Platinum level member I was entitled to free internet. The charges were on my bill. They took it off but I wouldnt have noticed if I had just done an on line check out and waited to get the bill later.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear champagnetraveler:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Toronto. We're sorry as a Platinum member, your experience didn't meet your expectations. We always want to ensure our guest's needs are met with the level of service you would come to expect while staying with us & we apologize this did not happen. Our management takes your feedback seriously, and will speak to the concierge and the front desk to address these issues.

We hope to have a second opportunity to welcome you back.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Dartmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stay here every time I'm in Toronto. The location is perfect, the customer service is awesome (thank you Parry Lawrence!), the rooms are clean, there is a great bar in the lobby with an unobtrusive yet easy to see TV, so if you are traveling alone you are fine. Starbucks in lobby, drugstore next door. Transportation all around. theatre, restaurants and shopping within shouting distance. You are all set.

• Stayed October 2012
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Hi HABond!

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Toronto. It's great to hear how well our centralized location worked for you. Quite a few of our guests enjoy staying with us, so they won't have to drive, as guests are able to walk to all of the restaurants & shops. Parry will be recognized for the tremendous level of service provided during your visit. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Attended a conference at this hotel and stayed 2 nights. Had a very difficult time finding every single conference space I had to meet in. One is on the 9th floor but there are no signs indicating that. Wandering around the lobby doesn't do any good as no one offers help and there are no signs. I did online checkin which was great except I still had to wait in line to arrange parking. The parking lot has accessibility issues. Found an accessible floor but the doors were still hard to open.

The room was very nice and modern. Clean and had a huge TV. I thought wifi was included but it was $15 per day. There's free wifi in the lobby.

Breakfast in the cafe was very nice. It's a buffet. It was included in my conference but it seems expensive if you're paying for it.

Overall I loved the location of this hotel and the room. I'd consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear cuteontariocouple,

Thank you for taking to time to post a review about your most recent stay at Hyatt Regency Toronto. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, and location of the hotel. I’m very sorry to hear about your negative experience regarding signage throughout the hotel and the parking facility. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please feel free to contact me directly at catarina.ferreira@hyatt.com.

Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I believe this used to be a Holiday Inn (at least that's what Google Maps says when I searched the address). The lobby looks nice, but once you're in the room, it's not surprising. The nightstand drawers do not stay shut. The beds are lumpy. The wi-fi is really inconsistent. The service was hit and miss (my phone rang 20+ times before the front desk answered; the check-out guy went out of his way to help me print my boarding pass). Also, I was charged for internet even though I'm Platinum and it should have been free.

I stayed here because of a business trip, and it is conveniently located downtown. I wouldn't mind staying here again. However, I also wouldn't mind trying other hotels either.

(By the way, breakfast buffet is very good, but also very pricey -- $60+ for two people.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear DGNYC78,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We strive to ensure that all guests are pleased with their accommodations. I apologize the experience you had did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please feel free to contact me directly at catarina.ferreira@hyatt.com.