Hyatt Regency Toronto
$294
$232
  • Breakfast included
2,774 results
All reviewscn towerentertainment districtgreat locationking streetrooftop poolsecond cityrogers centrewithin walking distancefront desk staffblue jaysunderground parkingking bedcoffee makerair canada centreunion stationlobbydowntown
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were told at the front desk that if we paid them $30 more per day we could have a view of the lake from our room... we agreed and when we got to the room... no view except buildings... not even a tiny glimpse... We were also told that they had a Filipinos working there that could help us find some traditional cuisine... that also ended up being untrue... they told us there were Philippine restaurants in the area... again, untrue. The rooms were small (you have to scoot between the wall to get to the other side of the bed) and the bathrooms had to bathtub just showers... Showers so small you touch the side... JUST GROSS! The staff was unhelpful and rude... There are much better places to stay in Toronto... Choose one of those instead... The ONLY reason we are not giving this place a "Terrible" rating is because despite everything... it was at least clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the misinformation you received during your stay. We will pass your feedback on to our housekeeping department in hopes this bathroom experience will not be repeated. We're glad we were able to get in contact with you. We hope to hear from you again soon.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I booked a room online through Air Canada/Orbitz. It stated quite clearly in the ad that internet was included. After arriving and jumping through some hoops (parking is dearly expensive at 29/day) and waiting for my room keys for quite some time, I tried to get online in my room only to discover that in fact, internet was going to be 15/day or more for the high speed service. Calls to the hotel guest services got me nowhere, they wouldn't even look at the confirmation email from the website. Calls to the website customer support, after 20 minutes on hold, got me a very terse, the ad was intended to convey only that internet is available, not included. Which is total garbage, so emails had to go to the Hotel chain, Air Canada and orbitz.

The hotel itself is serviceable, Iittle too trendy for words, the hipsters might like it, I found it pretentious. The a/c in the rooms was completely inadequate for Toronto in the summer and their rates do not match the offering, I expect more at the 200/night price point. Like internet for FREE!

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for the view, it's not worth the upcharge. If you can get internet or parking included, you should.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Vancouverconsultant,

Thank you for taking time to write your concerns regarding your last stay at the Hyatt Regency Toronto. We strive to ensure that all guests are pleased with their accommodations and the services that are provided to them by the hotel. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please feel free to contact me directly at catarina.ferreira@hyatt.com.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed here for about a week at the beginning of July after getting it on PriceLine. Upon check-in, I was offered a high floor/corner room, and that left a good first impression. However, things went downhill from here. Some of the silicone in the bathroom floor tiles was black.

The worst part of the stay was the fire alarm going off at 5am in the morning and it did not stop. The hotel made announcements every few minutes saying that it is under investigation and after all the announcements, getting a good night's rest was no longer possible.

The next night, water was shut off between 1am and 5am and we were not given much advance notice. The hotel offered two free bottles of water (as consolation). After checkout, I was billed $9 for the two bottles.

The location of the hotel is probably the best part of the stay, but this Hyatt gives an impression that is similar to that of its predecessor, the Holiday Inn.

I would not stay here again if I had to pay the regular rate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mudd_stuffin

Dear mudd_stuffin,

Thank you for taking time to write your concerns regarding your last stay at the Hyatt Regency Toronto. We strive to ensure that all guests are pleased with their accommodations and the services that are provided to them by the hotel. I sincerely apologize for the disruptions you encountered at our property. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please feel free to contact me directly at catarina.ferreira@hyatt.com.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I enjoy the Hyatt chain, but they are becoming dull or maybe I travel too much. The hotel location is great for the entertainment district or downtown business.

Dear ictaylor,

Thank you for selecting Hyatt Regency Toronto for your most recent trip to Toronto. We take great pride in our downtown location and I'm pleased to see you found it convenient. We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Toronto!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for 6 nights during conference. Very friendly staff, quiet rooms and comfortable beds even if the rooms are not big. Negative is only the missing space for cloths. I had a very nice room with few to CN tower on the 15th floor. Breakfast was (as usual) very expensive for what was offered. Dinner was nice, the angus beef just perfect. Few very nice littel restaurants on the opposite hotel entrance like Indian, Italian, wooden grill etc. very nice with possibility to sit outdoor. Can be recommended to everybody.

Room Tip: view to CN tower is very nice

Dear Bassi_11,

Thank you for selecting Hyatt Regency Toronto for your most recent trip to Toronto. We take great pride in our downtown location and I'm pleased to see you found it convenient. We’re glad you also liked the room as well as the dinner you had at our restaurant, MIX. We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Toronto!