“Excellent North African Cuisine”
Review of Berber Lounge

Berber Lounge
Ranked #5,040 of 8,506 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Next door to The Sultan's Tent Cafe Morroc
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent North African Cuisine”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My nephew organize the diner reception for his wedding here for 60 guests.
The organization and the service went very smooth and the foods are excellents.
We appreciate very much the Berber North African Fine Menu Set and I can guarantee it's 100% authentic (I travelled around Morocco and The Mediterranée). The Desserts are beautiful and excellents too

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank DangMontreal

Markham
“Summerlicious disappointment”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I work right by Berber Lounge and was always curious to try it so when my friend booked a going-away party there + learned they had a Summerlicious menu, I thought what a perfect opportunity.

First I'll start with the good stuff: The atmosphere and wait staff were attentive although it took a while for them to take our order. Atmosphere was unique and allowed our group to talk without having to shout over music.

Now for the bad:
- Poor value for basic food -
I know it was the Summerlicious menu, but isn't the point if it to draw in new customers by giving them a chance to try the quality food you normally serve? Not give people an obviously cheaper version so you still come out on top? I ordered the Moroccan chicken - a very small chicken leg with saffron rice and roasted potatoes, coconut rice pudding - and don't be fooled it wasn't pudding. My friends ordered the vegetable tagine and all 4 if them felt it lacked flavour, spice and substance. All left feeling hungry.

Invisible charges -
We were a group of 8 so we learned that an extra service charge, automatic 18% tax is charged. In addition, we agreed to get a pot of Moroccan tea for the table and that $10 fee magically appeared on my bill with no explanation. It was only when a friend moticed my bill that we realized there was an extra cost but the tea wasn't listed. The extra costs ended up costing each of us almost the se amount as the cost of the Summerlicious meal! Not worth it at all.

Sad thing is that I work across the street and often go out to lunch with foodie coworkers. Berber will definitely NOT be in our list.

• Visited July 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Winterlicious...not so licious”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

A group of us went for the Winterlicious menu, as we heard this place was affiliate with Sultans Tent and Cafe Moroc upstairs (both which are delicious!). The staff were friendly and attentive, and the decor was beautiful, yet very dark. The place was not full, with mostly empty tables, yet they seated us right next to the only other table there. These tables are VERY close, so it was a bit awkward sitting with another table.

The food was very disappointing. In our group we had the steak, chicken and stuffed peppers. The portions were very small and the food was underwhelming. I personally had the stuffed peppers, and it consisted of 2 small peppers filled with tomato sauce and about 8 chickpeas. That was it. The sides were a few slivers of vegetables and more tomato sauce. I tried some of the other meals at the table, and none were anything I would have wanted to try again. The meal with 1 glass of wine came to about $50...not even close to being worth it!

I would not choose this place for winterlicious....maybe their regular menu was better?

• Visited February 2014
Toronto
“Winterlicious”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Went for winterlicious, it seems like they only opened this section (downstairs/Berber) for winterlicious customers. There was probably only 5 tables in the whole place being used. Service was okay, until the bill came and they could not explain some charges. Drinks were good, food was poor, had the salmon it was very small with a huge pile of coucos under it and covered with tomato sauce. The dessert was a almond pastry that was very hard. Once we were finsihed dinner we were hoping to stick around and have drinks at the bar since this is a lounge, however by 11 when we were done our meal there was only two people in the whole place finishing up dinner. Not the scene we were going for at all. Also the washroom's smelt horrible.

• Visited January 2014
California USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Evening Cocktail Party”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Corporate event - Evening Cocktail Party - 120 guests - amazing canapés and delicious cocktails.  Top notch service!

• Visited October 2013