“Poor food quality”

Toronto, Canada
“Poor food quality”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Hello,

The service was really good and friendly but the Creme Brulee was the only highlight of the night. I would honestly have to say, having lived in Toronto for a good portion of my life and having been extremely adventurous with the restaurants in this city, that Berber has easily been the worst meal I've had as far back as I can remember. Everything tasted pre-made and prepackaged. I was disgusted at most things and could not even have a second bite. Even the sorbet which was meant to cleanse the palate, left a gross film on my tongue after 1 spoon full.

I wouldn't dare go back unless I was given free samples of every dish I planned to eat. Considering the area has many great eating establishments to offer, I'd suggest giving one of those a shot.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank gjcouto

Whitby, Canada
“Interesting experience”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Five-course dinners are not our typical restaurant trip but curiosity (coming with a TravelZoo voucher) made us give it a try one afternoon after work.
We had a good experience, not many people in the restaurant on a Thursday but this probably made the service even better. Nice décor (although a little too dark – for my eyes at least, I could have used a mini-flashlight when checking the menus), good food/cocktail choices and great service.
It is more time consuming (and more expensive) but worth considering for a special occasion.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Calin N
Toronto, Canada
“Relaxing at the BerBer Lounge”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

...used a Dealfind coupon for a five course dinner...sparkling wine cocktail, antipasto, salad, sorbet, main dish, dessert, mint tea, ice wine...half price...congenial, attentive, and efficient servers, Sophia and Andrea... food served in timely fashion, not too busy on a Thurs. night...food served beautifully prepared and presented....tender, moist chicken and steak...cold meant cold and hot meant hot...loved the way the mint tea was poured...experience made you feel special...would recommend this lounge...heard the Sultan's Tent on the main floor is good too...49 Front Street...lots of parking in lots close by...

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Anita W
King City, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant Ambiance”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

At first I was a little hesitant going to a basement restaurant, but as soon we stepped inside Berber I felt like I was in a different city. Everything in this place comes from Morocco, its unreal. The food reminds me of what I eat in Europe. The overall vibe in this restaurant is exciting. Great place to have a party.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Paul G
Mississauga, Canada
“Rip off”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We went to this restaurant on a Travelzoo voucher last year and were very diappointed. The food was terrible and the service even worst. Don't wast your time and money , we went there last year and I still regret it. I will never go there again.

• Visited June 2011