“Brilliant Ambiance”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Next door to The Sultan's Tent Cafe Morroc
Reviewed June 12, 2012

At first I was a little hesitant going to a basement restaurant, but as soon we stepped inside Berber I felt like I was in a different city. Everything in this place comes from Morocco, its unreal. The food reminds me of what I eat in Europe. The overall vibe in this restaurant is exciting. Great place to have a party.

1  Thank Paul G

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We went to this restaurant on a Travelzoo voucher last year and were very diappointed. The food was terrible and the service even worst. Don't wast your time and money , we went there last year and I still regret it. I will never go there again.

2  Thank Yarrry
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were here on December 10, 2011 and made reservations so we were seated promptly. We had a Travelzoo voucher, which included a starter, appetizers, intermezzo, main courses, desserts and an after-dinner drink. We chose the signiture starter which was a gourmet sampling of cheeses, meats, crostini, and dips. Then we each had an appetizer of cambozola fritter on arugula, etc. and warm chevre and pear salad. I loved the chef's sorbet for the intermezzo - always an unusual but delightful blend of flavours. For the main courses, we had prosciutto-wrapped chicken with smoked gouda, carmelized onions, etc. and osso bucco. The presentation of all the dishes was lovely. For dessert we had a creme brulee and apple cinnamon cheesecake. To round off the meal, we had port and ice wine. The details of the decor is intricate and authentic to Morrocan design sensibilities with a chic, modern twist to it. The lounge is dimly lit vut I love the feeling of it being underground in a cavern like setting with the Morrocan lantern sconces. I'd definitely return and stay later this time when it becomes more of a club atmosphere.

1  Thank tmbailey
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Went to Berber on a groupon. Staff were friendly, but weren't overly attentive. Dinner took over two hours.

** Highly recommend being prepared to order your drinks or condiments every time staff bring a course to your table as you will rarely see them in between.

The food was decent. No problems there. Some was a little bland but all in all, a nice meal. We had the Osso bucco and wrapped chicken. We were there on a groupon, so the 5 courses were all included.

** Please note that this restaurant will charge you on their menu value of the food and beverages of the groupon, and not the groupon price paid. Which is rare for groupons. So you are paying more taxes and gratuities than you would expect.

The decor is very cozy and warm. The ambience is very fitting for the theme. And the dancer is quite entertaining.

1  Thank eddiemac1
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I love this spot. Big fan of the sister-establishment upstairs for most occasions, but I love Berber as a place to just sit back and relax. I personally reccommend it on a Thursday evening, for young professionals who are onto the fact that Thursday is in fact the new Friday. Service is always on point, and the owners of both establishments are extremely friendly and accommodating.

Berber has actually recently nipped and tucked a few things in regards to the ambience that are sure you lure you back time and again. Its defiitely on my top list of places to lounge at post-dinner.

And for all you professionals who want to jump, hop, and skip from Bay St. for a night or two - this is definitely the place.

1  Thank MemoirsofAnesha