“Toronto Airport Homewood Suites - Sweet!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Ranked #12 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel twice now - once in January 2011 and again in July, and we will NEVER stay anywhere else when visiting Toronto again!

We had a lovely experience in January, which was why we made reservations for a one-bedroom suite at this hotel when planning a trip to see our favorite artist, Josh Groban, in concert at the Air Canada Centre, and the Labatt Center in London, ON. We planned two nights here in Toronto, and made reservations for a 3rd night in London so we wouldn't have so far to drive after the concert.

Upon check-in we were informed that since we were a large family (four adults - my husband, myself, and my adult son and daughter) we'd been given a comp. upgrade to a TWO-bedroom, TWO bathroom suite. One look at the suite we'd been given and we asked if we could extend our stay by one night! Upon verifying that we'd be able to do so, we canceled our reservations for London (sorry, London!), and settled in for a three-night stay in what I have to say is THE nicest hotel suite we have EVER had the pleasure of staying in!

The suite was spacious, impeccably clean, and quiet. The kitchen was well-equipped for our purposes - a couple of light meals taken in the room instead of eating out. At some hotels, we've had all we can do to get one set of towels apiece, but here there were plenty of towels made available, more than enough extra blankets in the closet (which may seem rather odd, considering Toronto was in the midst of an historic heat wave!), and all the customarily supplied items were there in sufficient quantity.

The front desk staff was gracious and friendly, very helpful and unfailingly polite, as were the housekeepers. We encountered no problems during our stay, but if we had I have no doubt they would have been dealt with quickly and satisfactorily.

The SuiteStart complimentary breakfast was among the best we've encountered at any of the Homewood Suites. Everything was fresh and well prepared. The first morning we were there, my husband and I went down during the last hour of breakfast (8:00 - 9:00) to have our own breakfast, and get something to bring up to our son and daughter, who were still too tired to go down with us. Things were a bit chaotic, as there seemed to be a large group of guests - all related - that had descended upon the dining area en masse. The breakfast staff had, perhaps, a little difficulty keeping up with their demands, especially in the area of the bread, bagel and pastry display. Almost as soon as the supply was replenished, there was a rush on the display. (One young man in particular, dressed in his jammie bottoms, seemed to be in a perpetual holding pattern, hovering over the pastry display.) This went on until long after the official closing time for breakfast. The staff had to finally turn off the light in the serving area to signal that breakfast was over. We were more amused than annoyed at the chaos, the only drawback being that the rest of our party didn't have much of a selection of pastries brought up to them. But that was a small thing, and wasn't really the fault of the kitchen staff. And despite the added pressure of the rush, the staff was very polite and attentive.

The second and third mornings were much smoother, and there was an adequate supply of everything. The fresh fruit bowl was a favorite!

All in all, we had a wonderful stay at the Toronto Airport Homewood Suites, and we will definitely be coming back any time we are in Ontario province!

Room Tip: The two-bedroom, two-bathroom suites are awesome! HHonors membership is a plus.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TeqToo
YTOMIGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review for our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your concert in London and decided to stop by our hotel beforehand! We look forward to seeing you again soon in Toronto. With Hospitality, Ramires Diaz.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here with our teen-age children for 3 nights. We had requested 2 queen beds, but received one king bed and a sleeper sofa. When we went back to the desk to ask for the 2 queens, we were told that they were full, and didn't have the room, and suggested that we had reserved the room on a 3rd party site, and that was why we didn't get the room we requested. This was not true, as I am a Hilton Honors member, and always us the Hilton website. In any case, we elected to keep the room we had because it was on the top floor, and much less noisy than the rest of the floors. The next morning, we had a good breakfast, which was complimentary (not much is free in Canada!), although very crowded. We then got directions from the front desk to the nearest subway stop, and made our way to downtown Toronto to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame. We loved it! The subway was easy to navigate, and we saw a lot of Toronto without having to drive and pay to park. We would recommend the hotel for families with children since they do have a nice pool, fitness center, and free breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not get the room that you had initially requested, but am pleased to hear that your stay turned out for the better. We look forward to seeing you again soon in Toronto. With Hospitality, Ramires Diaz.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

Good size room, well furnished, clean and new. Comfortable bed - a good nights sleep.
Only issue - a fan seems to blow in the bathroom, if you have the light on or off (and is noisy, even with the door closed) Can it be switched off?

Breakfast OK on ground floor.
Good service - could not find much to fault.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank expectant customer
YTOMIGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre for your recent trip to Toronto. We appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review on our hotel, as the feedback means a lot to us and helps us improve on our hotel services and accomodations. As of this month we have rectified the issue with our bathroom fans. Thank you once again for choosing the Homewood Suites by Hilton.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

Booked a two bedroom suite. 8 guys ended up sleeping there the night before my wedding.
It's a great place because it's spacious and it offers comfortable beds. Service was slow when requesting towels.

Free breakfast and Wifi is a great perk.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
YTOMIGM, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our property. Congratulations on your wedding! We are happy that we could be a part of your special day and that our facilities were able to accommodate your needs. We look forward to seeing you again! With Hospitality, Patricia Correa.

Reviewed May 10, 2011

Made our reservation a month in advance. My husband had a conference to attend at the International Centre, and my 2 year old son and I were tagging along for leisure purposes.

My first question was if they have a shuttle to the International Centre. They said yes, absolutely. The second question was if we could reserve a room that had a door separating the bedroom from the living room (so our son could sleep and we didn't have to go to bed at 8 pm along with him). Again, they said yes. They quoted a rate that gave me $189/night for 2 nights, and $129/night for the third night.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were told our rate was $189 for all THREE nights. I told them it was supposed to be $129 for the third night and I was asked to provide proof of this. Thankfully I had my iPhone with me and could call up the email on it that had the confirmation (just having the confirmation NUMBER was not enough). Once I showed them the email, the change was made - but I feel that I should not have had to do that - what if I didn't have access to my email on my phone? The girl who chcked us in was very nice about it, but I felt frustrated by the situation.

When we checked into our room, we did not get a room that had a separate door. I called the front desk and apparently they did not have that request on the reservation, and they were not able to accommodate our request that evening. They said we would be able to switch rooms the next day, but I would have to be at the hotel 'sometime in the afternoon' to make the switch.

I also inquired about scheduling the shuttle for my husband to the International Centre, and was told "No, we don't go there - it's too far" (despite being told previously that they could take us there, and despite it being literally right beside the airport). I protested, telling them that we were told it would be fine, and they agreed to take him.

The room switch went well, but was frustrating that I had to do it in the first place. No discount/rebate was offered, but the hotel did send up a small gift bag with some snacks in it for the inconvenience.

The first night, my husband called me 30 minutes after he was scheduled to be picked up by the shuttle, saying that they had not shown up. I left my dinner and went back to the hotel to see what happened. I asked the girl at the front desk if someone was on their way, and she said no. She didn't really offer an explanation or much of an apology - but she did offer to send someone right away. By this time, they were an hour late, and it takes about 15-20 minutes to get there. I declined and went to pick him up myself. For the remainder of the trip, I called the hotel half an hour before he was scheduled to be picked up to remind them to get him.

We requested a late check-out, which we were told was just fine. They said we could check out at 3 pm. At 12, a member of the cleaning staff knocked on our door and said we should have checked out already. We told her about the late checkout and she said she had no mention of it, but did not protest it.

Upon leaving, I called the front desk to ask for a bellman to come up and help with our luggage, and the girl seriously did not understand what I was asking for (to be clear, someone to bring up a cart and help us bring everything down). A maintenance person showed up with a cart but left right away.

That is the end of the "cons" of our stay. I felt very frustrated at the lack of communication between the person who took our reservation and what ended up happening (to be clear, I called the actual hotel to make the reservation - not just the 1-800 number). I also felt that really, we should have been compensated for the mistakes that were made (past the small bag of snacks - which was nice, but kind of insulting). To be fair, I didn't ask for compensation, but it should have been offered. The staff were all very nice throughout the issues, and in some cases, apologetic (but not at all apologetic in others).

The "pros":
The rooms were very nicely appointed, clean and comfortable.
It was wonderful to have the kitchenettes - especially when you're travelling with a little one.
The cleaning staff were excellent - even loading and running the dishwasher for me (which I didn't expect them to do).
The hotel breakfast was excellent each day - Gee is one of the friendliest people I've ever met! We did not get to experience the hotel dinner, but the menu sounded good.
The pool and laundry facilities were great, although the pool change room (just a big washroom) left a lot to be desired!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jewel_hamilton
YTOMIGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre and for taking the time to let know about our hotel serivice. We sicerely apologize for the incovenience you experienced upon arrival and with the shuttle service. Your feedback means a lot to us and we will take the proper steps to ensure this does'nt happen again.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

I stayed here with my 10 year old daughter and it was amazing! I never want to stay anywhere else. The suites are perfect as you have your own kitchen including full size fridge, microwave, cooktop, plates, pots, utensils, cooking ware, microwave and the best - a dishwasher! So, clean and tidy. We loved that the bedroom was separate from the living area. I find hotels really stuffy but the windows opened! We also could keep our bedroom cooler and the living area a little warmer. The bathroom is big and clean with a big mirror. Great lighting for my makeup. Everything was so clean - everywhere! The pool was great too. The breakfast buffet was really good, lots of choices and even fresh fruit. Our friends had the buffet dinner and they too loved that meal and enjoyed the salad (so many buffets feature fried foods) and they thought it was great value. The staff say hello to you and are really friendly. We were at this hotel for a hockey tournament and all the parents could not believe how fantastic this hotel was. I have never written a hotel review before but this hotel is well worth the stay! And, no, I don't work for them!

Room Tip: families:get suite with 4 queen beds!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PYD18
YTOMIGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel with your daughter and that everything was perfect for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon. With Hospitality, Patricia Correa.

Reviewed April 23, 2011

Excellent is all I can say in relation to our short stay at the Homewood Suites. The only problem was the wait at the airport for almost 90mins for the shuttle bus, which after a 14hr flight from the Middle East, was something we could of done without. But hey, these things happen, and once at the hotel we were in our rooms within 5mins. All staff we interacted with were polite and courteous, and our room was just what we needed after such a long day. The bed was heaven!!!!
Complimetary phone calls, complimentary evening meal and breakfast were unexpected surprises, and very much appreciated.
We will certainly use the Homewood Suites next time we travel to Canada.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
YTOMIGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for our property. I apologize that the shuttle run took longer than expected, we certainly have taken steps at the hotel since your stay to ensure our shuttle is running on time, all the time! We look forward to seeing you again soon. With Hospitality, Ramires Diaz.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto
Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District
Fairmont Royal York
Fairmont Royal York
#23 of 138 in Toronto

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre? Share your experiences!