Review Highlights
Amazing!

Aaron was an excellent tour guide!! We learned so much about Toronto’s history and laughed all the... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
D9980KFmartac
Incredibly entertaining and educational

We had a great time! Our guide, Aaron, was super friendly and knowledgeable and gave us a lot of... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Ri2000ley

1,896 results
All reviews free walking the financial district great stories graffiti alley great guide graffiti art toronto history his knowledge fun facts interesting information city hall st lawrence market union station downtown area aaron destruction fiction
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2017

This was a very good tour. Our guide Molly was friendly and informative. The tour provided a great description of many Toronto monuments, ghost stories from these monuments, and the potential science behind the stories.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Mike with Tour Guys was AMAZING! I have not been able to stop bragging about my city tour with Tour Guys. I went to My home town of Toronto for a work trip (I live in Van now), Mike helped me see my beloved city with brand new adoring eyes - his knowledge on ALL things Toronto (and more) was astounding! He showed us so many Toronto Icons and Secret Spots, as a former local, I thought this tour was INCREDIBLE! I am def going to be taking another tour with Tour Guys in Vancouver now! Cheers!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed October 9, 2017

I loved the tour!! It gives a different perspective of the history behind Toronto, it was simply genius! Be ready to walk (appropriate gear highly recommended) and learn about all the different cultures that made Toronto into what it is today. It was a real pleasure and kept the teens entertained!

Reviewed October 9, 2017

We did two tours, Downtown Toronto and Old City Toronto. Enjoyed both very much. Moved at a good pace for such a large group. Julian was entertaining, and up front about some of the history not being textbook stuff, but his own, unique take on the history. (I've done a lot of tours and know that the stuff of history is often creatively played with, so it is nice to hear someone being up front about it.)

There were some things to be taken with a grain of salt. It was told that the Chinese head tax was $50/month, when everything else I have read said it was a one time immigration tax. The idea of the Canadian Bank of Commerce building having an Adolf Hitler room intrigued us so we have tried to find out more, but haven't found any reference to it on Google, so it's another grain of salt.

With that caveat aside, the point of a walk like this is to be entertained and discover some new things. The huge vault in the original Dominion Bank was a fun discovery, as were some of the features on the Old City Hall. I would not hesitate to recommend the tour, and would still tip generously for the enjoyment it offered.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

We did a two hour Walking Tour of Graffiti Alley with our 15 year old granddaughter who wanted to take photos with her new camera. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable on the entire subject of graffiti and all the artists whose work we saw. He allowed us time to capture our photos before proceeding on the walk and it was one of the best things we did this past summer. It was easy to book online at The Tour Guys website and this tour was free. We were so appreciative of our Guide we did of course tip him at the end of the Tour.

Date of experience: August 2017