Tour Guys - Toronto
Review Highlights
Took the tour multiple times

This tour is great! The first time I took the tour led by Neil on Aug. 30th. I liked it so much, I... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Susan S
Toronto, Canada
From a Torontonian

I am Torontonian who has worked downtown for decades, but still, I was very happy to find those... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
nomadaguy
Toronto, Canada

1,904 results
All reviews free walking the financial district great stories graffiti alley great guide graffiti art toronto history his knowledge fun facts these guys interesting information city hall st lawrence market union station downtown area aaron destruction
Selected filters
998 - 1,003 of 1,904 reviews
Reviewed August 10, 2017

This was such an interesting and fact filled tour- a great way to get to know the city. Our guide, Jackie, did a terrific job and answered a variety of questions. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Golshan deserves a round of applause for her informative and animated walking tour. I did the free Historic tour and enjoyed every minute of it. It was great to have a mix of solid history and anecdotes. Would have done the second tour with her but ran out of time. A definite must do.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We had a great Old Town tour with Aaron today. He kept it light and informative despite some of the heavy historical content. Would definitely recommend this.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

My husband and I moved to Toronto 43 years ago and my 16 year old granddaughter was visiting us from abroad. We decided to take the History tour of Old Town Toronto because we had enjoyed the downtown tour last year when she visited.
Our tour guide, Aaron, presented an informative and enjoyable tour. For my granddaughter it was all new information and for my husband and myself it was a great summary of historical events we had either read about or experienced.
As the description explains this is an historical tour of the darker days in Toronto, but I recommend it to give you a fuller view of our great city.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

I'm local to the GTA and wanted a short whistlestop tour of the city to show some friends from out of town. So Tour Guys popped up in the search and since it was free, and at times that were suitable to us, I went ahead and booked.
Was a bit skeptical to start with - particularly as the tour was FREE. But the skepticism soon dissolved after Julian's introduction. His dry and aserbic wit and extensive knowledge of the city, made this tour great fun and informative.

Few Pointers :
- Its a walking tour, so wear comfy shoes.
- It goes ahead in all weathers, so be prepared.
- Everywhere may not be stroller accessible (we took the DOWNTOWN TORONTO TOUR) - there's stairs, escalators and narrow-(ish) passages.
- The tour is child friendly if your child is older, listens, independent and doesn't tend to run off. Otherwise, you might just be a bit stressed keeping an eye on your kids in busy downtown Toronto. (General group tour tips apply)
- This particular tour takes about 1.5 hr but the time goes quick since its interesting and there are plenty of opportunities to perch your bottom and grab a quick rest should you need it.
- Definitely recommend it for day or short visits.
- They also have interconnecting tours. One starts close-by where a previous one might have finished. So you can squeeze a couple or more in a day, if you're feeling particularly energetic.
- DO show your appreciation at the end.

All in all it was an hour and a half well spent learning about a relatively 'new' city, with an interesting and informative tour guide. Needless to say WE TIPPED WELL - so please do show your appreciation.

I'm looking forward to doing some of the other tours soon!
Thank you for a great experience.

Date of experience: July 2017