“A Rosedale favourite” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Doria - CLOSED

Cafe Doria
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Sandwiches, Pizzas, mostly a lunch spot. It will be easy to find reviews on other sites if you search.
“A Rosedale favourite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I live nearby and this place is one of my favourites. Very comfortable and the pizza selection is unique and satisfying. Relaxed atmosphere, small but nice wine selection, good food. Coffees and desserts are far superior to the big coffee chain store across the street (way friendlier too). This is a nice place for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or coffee with a good friend.

Vancouver, Canada
“The kind of food you always want to eat but never see on a menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I think the secret to this homey, neighbourhood cafe is it's simplicity and wonderful menu. Peanut butter banana sandwich with nutella, lox bagel with greens, meatball appetizer, etc. The food is tasty and of great quality. The service is quick, friendly and efficient. There's nothing pretentious about this place, which is rare considering the area. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank soulfultravelandfood
Toronto, Canada
“The locals seem to love it , but I really don't know why!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I live in the area so it should be a go to cafe, but try as I might I just can't seem to like the place.
I think the main problem is complacency- the staff are either really bad at their jobs ,or they don't give a dam.
Yes, the food is good, but you constantly have to ask three or four times for milk or a napkin or a fork, really basic stuff.
I think its a bit like the "king's new clothes", no one can see how bad it is because they feel that they "should" like it.
I try and meet people at the other cafes nearby, which are a lot more efficient and friendly.

Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Is this a joke?!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went for coffee on a lovely Monday morning to the Cafe. I have to say that the coffee was delicious. I ordered the Morning Glory panini. Big mistake... I got a sandwich consisting of two multigrain slices of bread, toasted, no butter or any sort of spread, 4 slices of under ripe avocado and 3 slices of tomato. A small bowl of run of the mill fruit. All this for 9$. REALLY? I feel like they were making fun of the customer.
I would recommend this place for a coffee but DEFINITELY not the food (well the 9 dollar breakfast 'panini', anyways).

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Midland, Canada
“Patio Lunch at Doria- Toronto”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

I ate at Doria this week. It is situated at Yonge and Roxborough Street in Toronto. By noon the place was bustling. This area has lots of similar restaurants and from what I could see Doria was the most popular destination. The menu was well suited for lunch and had lots of soup- salad- panini- entrees on the menu. The service on the patio was attentive and pleasant. I was there to catch up with a dear friend and was grateful that the server allowed us plenty of time to peruse the menu.
The one flaw is that the main course came out before I was finished my Caprese Salad. The table was crowded with dishes as my companion's entree came out before she was finished her soup. There was no bread on the table. The panini with sun dried tomato, mozzarella and a avocado was bland. The Caprese salad used mozzarella di buffalo- wonderful- however it lacked fresh basil. My companion enjoyed her pea soup and her caesar salad- it had pita chip croutons. The portions were modest- I found they were perfect for lunch time.
I enjoyed lunch on the patio and while the food was comprised of good quality ingredients - it lacked flavour.
The service was above average. The overall experience was average.

• Visited May 2012