“juicy burgers”
Review of BQM Ossington

BQM Ossington
Ranked #1,140 of 8,479 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Beer and Quality Meats better know as BQM is a purveyor of hand crafted burgers, bourbon, and craft beer. Our goal is to create neighbourhood joint that is know for it's hand crafted burgers, poutines and sandwiches. We stock over 30 uniques beers, curated and selection of bourbons and spirits. Our restaurants interiors reflect the hip sensibilities of the surrounding area while also paying tribute to Ossington and Queen West's storied past. Our staff are all neighbour locals and know many of our customers by first name and we hope to have you as one of our regulars.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“juicy burgers”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I am a picky eater (my stomach gets easily upset over highly processed foods and so I have a difficult time eating out); however, I know I can rely on BQM for food that is delicious and healthy. You can taste the superior quality in their meats! I always look forward to eating there and am really grateful to have them in the neighborhood.

• Visited June 2012

“Really Good Burgers”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

There are a few things that can really give you a sense of whether a restaurant knows what its doing. Pasta is one. Poorly cooked pasta is a very unpleasant eating experience. Steak is another. A good piece of well cooked beef needs nothing more than salt and pepper.

Burgers are another. You might think not but it's actually hard to find a really good burger. They can be dry. If quality meat isn't used they'll try to create flavour with all kinds of seasonsings, spices and filler. Well, today's a good day for burgers. We found BQM Burger today. The Queen St, Toronto location is like walking into a time capsule. It looks like an old style diner. They offer burgers made with Chuck, Brisket or Sirloin. We had one from brisket. It had great flavour all on its own. The toppings were accents, not trying to hide anything. The onion rings were properly done and have a nice bread coating. Fries are double fried (which is the right way to make fries). Service was good and friendly. And they have a nice selection of beer.

TVT Verdict: Check it out!

• Visited December 2011
Lima, Peru
“off the hook!”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

i've been here a couple of times with both my partner for brunch and with friends for dinner. in a phrase, i would call their burgers MEGA-AWESOME. absolutely delicious and the selection is impressive. i've tried all the other burger joints and this one is definitely my favorite. it's a step up from the others in terms of atmosphere as well. last visit, Rob was our waiter and he rocked!

• Visited April 2011
“great find”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I stumbled upon BQM and was pleasantly surprised. Everything about this joint is great. The menu, service, and food could not be better.
Great addition to the Ossington strip.

• Visited April 2011
“Neighbourhood Fan”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

My partner and I go here regularly since it is just down the street. However, even if it were farther away, we would make the trip. The burgers are fantastic (the Riverside is my go-to) and they have a great selection of beers. The service is always attentive (Melanie took care of us last time and was great in spite of being a solo waitstaff on a busy afternoon).

• Visited January 2011