“Go Blue Jays!”

and up
7-Minute Helicopter Tour Over Toronto
Ranked #16 of 536 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: With its retractable roof, in-house hotel and Hard Rock Cafe, the home turf of the Toronto Blue Jays and the Toronto Argonauts is truly a sight to see.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

While holidaying in Burlington, a suburb of Toronto, I decided to take my son and daughter, 15 and 11 to see a baseball game at the Rogers Centre. Travel was easy, taking the GOtransit train into Union station. From there it was an easy ten minute walk to the stadium. Having obtained ticket online we had no idea where in the stadium the gates were, however were directed by helpful staff. Facilities were excellent with plenty of food and drink outlets on level 500 where we had our tickets. Knowing the game may take 3-4 hours and thinking the kids would probably last an hour, I bought fairly cheap seats but it was well worth the money in the end as we stayed for the entire 3 and a half hours! We all loved the atmosphere which was great, weather was fab, which was a bonus, just a pity the Blue Jays lost! Getting out the stadium was quicker and easier than I had anticipated and again a quick walk to Union station saw us on the way home within 20 mins. All in all a great day out and I look forward to going back again soon, hopefully to watch the Jays win! First class!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,091)
All reviews
in 202 reviews
"inning"
in 90 reviews

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Rogers Centre is a great venue. Well organized and helpful staff.

The merchandise for the show was over-priced ..more than the normal for Rogers Centre. Popcorn & Candy Floss were $12. It is bad enough paying $6 for popcorn but $12 is just outrageous.

The show was amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We sat in Section 121, Row 30, Seats 4 to 7 across from the stage. Excellent seats

8  Thank tweet2011
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I've been to 16 major league parks and this is by far the worst of the lot. Being a Tigers fan a season ticket holder in Detroit perhaps I'm just spoiled by Comerica Park. However, I moved closer to Toronto for a few years and attended many, many games here. At one point I was 10+games for a season, and my attendance decreased every year until it was zero for the last 2 seasons I was there. I just hated getting downtown, parking, and the experience at he park.

I like to call the 'park' a mausoleum. Its a concrete slab, with a cold atmosphere. The staff working the games seem to be motivated to prevent any 'fun' from happening, forget moving seats.. even across the aisle..even when the place is 3/4 empty, the ushers are all over you. Jays 'fans' are some of the worst in baseball, arrogant yet have no idea what they are talking about. The ticket prices are insane for what the experience is, the beer and food prices are also insane.

For a club struggling with attendance you'd the think the Jays would do things to make going to a game more attractive.

The Jays are probably the biggest supporters of Oakland and Tampa because without them they would have the worst 'park' in MLB.

1  Thank tragicallyhip
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had heard many bad things about seeing a game here- as you do about any indoor stadium. But it was very gin- the roof was open and it was sunny. Good food selection. And the most unique part was the padded seats! That's really unique for a baseball game!