“Great place for a baseball game”

Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel
Ranked #30 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Had two field view rooms. Great views of the game! Totally different view of the Rogers Centre. Great for birthdays or bachelor parties. Staff was really accommodating and pleasant to deal with. I was early to check in and they were able to hold my bags whille I ran errands in the city until check in.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank biggy69_3000
Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed June 3, 2014

No complaints but I would recommend installing fans in the washrooms. Not sure about other rooms but I know mine didn't have one. Also for any guest staying two nights or more a breakfast on the house would have been nice. Aftee spending $400.00+ on my weeknd stay it would have been a nice little gesture. But other then those everything else was great! My room service meals and and anything else I asked for was well presented!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Pjrondo
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I recently booked a meeting at this hotel and the service was great! Right from the front door, every staff member that I interacted with was friendly and helpful. The banquet staff was easy to work with and very visible (they always just appeared when I needed them). Chef did an amazing job with everything that was served, and was very accommodating with last minute special requests.

A great job by everyone!

1  Thank Matina K
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were told when we checked in at the Renaissance that because we were "silver" Marriott frequent stayers we could enjoy an upgrade from a regular room to a junior suite. A baseball game was in process and the view was breathtaking. I called my daughters who had just moved to Toronto that very day to come and watch the game with us. When the game was over we went downstairs to thank the front desk staff and to ask for a map of the city. The staff could not have been more helpful to my daughters, providing them with advice about their new neighborhood and places to go. What a great introduction to a beautiful city.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We decided to stay here based on location and the uniqueness of it being attached to Rogers Centre. It turned out to be a great choice. Hotel staff were excpetionally friendly, the rooms were very nice and the location was perfect to see CN Towner, Hockey Hall of Fame and lots of restaurants, etc near by. Pool area was very large. We will definatley stay here next time we go through Toronto.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is an older property and I was quite surprised as it does not compare to the Rennaisance properties in the US. Additionally, I am certain the upgraded room-suite I was given had to be accessed by walking at least an entire Toronto city block - in otherwords "extremely" long walk to the room. In fact - I thought - I will not leave my room until I check out because the walk to and fro would have been too long. I also ha what I thought was a fire alarm and spent 10 minutes packing to leave after just stepping out of the shower, also called the front desk twice and no one would answer the phone to check on what was happening. Then the alarm stopped. On my way to the airport that afternoon, I called and spoke to the manager to complain about no reception response and the deafening alarm in my room, who then assured me there was no fire alarm and that perhaps the smoke detector battery was acting up. on another note the bathrooms are very old and tile in tub shows years of wear and mildew. I am a Marriott devotee, however this property was not the caliber one would expect and thus disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Veda O,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback is important in our continuous efforts to improve. I am sorry that your stay did not measure up to expectations. We do have some longer hallways, but we have many different room types in other areas. It sounds as though you may have been in one of our suites at the end of the hall. These upgraded rooms are a further walk from the elevators.
I am pleased to report that we are still renovating and working through the guestrooms to update and refresh our look. I hope that you will give us another chance to show you that we are capable of providing a comfortable stay.
Regards,
Andrea Copeland

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Beautiful hotel that is attached to the Rogers Centre baseball stadium. Valet parking is the way to go unless you know where the parking entrance on the other side of the stadium. $35/night. I got an upgrade to a 4th floor room with a window view of left center field. Awesome and unique experience to watch the BlueJays game that night. The window view in the room is elevated from the bedroom part of the room. The window slides open at chest height so you can hear the sounds from the game. Nice bed, two TV's and a big bathroom.

Room Tip: When the game ended, a worker used a leaf blower to clean the debris from the seats. It started rig...