“Business trip made outstanding by excellent staff!”

Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
Ranked #29 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
London
“Business trip made outstanding by excellent staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I do a regular (twice a year) business trip to Toronto and always stay at the Renaissance. The Hotel has everything I need for a business trip, great beds which make for an excellent nights sleep, plenty of room to relax, comfortable baths. As usual they delivered on these but what is outstanding is their staff! Everyone who works there is outstanding, helpful and friendly. It's like home from home and made the business trip seem like a holiday! Great place to stay and a big thank you to all the staff, especially to Terri, Katrina and the rest of the team when I had breakfast.

Room Tip: People look for rooms facing the dome but they work either way.
1 Thank blueman102

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days in early December while in Toronto for work. Hotel is located in the Rogers Centre which worked out well as I was attending the Bills/Falcons game on the Sunday.

Staff was very good and I was able to check into my room at 7am as I came in early on a redeye. Was told I could wait for my upgraded suite or they would find me an alternative room to check in immediately. Was still upgarded to a larger room which worked well to have friends over before and after the game.

Rooms have been upgraded and are very clean, staff is very friendly and have no problem going out of their way to ensure your stay is excellent. Nice lounge breakfast every morning and even provided a coupon for breakfast on the Sunday morning I checked in was a nice touch.

Room service is decent and what you would come to expect, although it does have a ballpark aspect to it for those who have visitors and rooms with a view of the field.

Great stay and would not hesitate to use this hotel in the future.

Orleans, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed here for one-night in mid-December. During baseball season, I'm sure this place is a lot of fun, especially the rooms with stadium views. This hotel is attached to the Rogers Centre (old Skydome) with spacious rooms that could use a refresh on wallpaper and office chairs, to start. The gym is very good, front desk staff very helpful and they even had a scotch tasting at 6pm the night I arrived. The bar -- off to one side of the lobby -- is a happening spot and it seems to attract consistent guests with a knowledgable bar staff. While off the beaten Universtiy Avenue path, this location is right along Front Street (basically), and a stones throw from the MTCC, CBC HQ and a short walk or cab ride to the theatre district.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had a great room and it was very quiet. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We had the breakfast buffet and loved it. We definitely recommend this hotel. It's in a great location - so close to all the action!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank julesrussell
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you JulesRussell for your rave review. We appreicate all of your positive feedback. I will be sure to pass it along to our team. We hope that you will return soon.
Best Regards,
Andrea Copeland
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My Fiancée and I took our daughter to see "Cirque du Soleil's Amaluma for her birthday (October 2012). We were at this hotel for the weekend.

THE ROOM: We were pleasently surprised at the size of the room we had. It was larger than most one-bedroom apartments I've had! It had a large tv, king size bed for my Fiancée and I ... and a queen side sofa bed pull out for our daughter. The room was nice and clean. The windows were so long and wide and allowed lots of outdoor light into the room. The huge blinds were opened and closed the same way as power windows in your car. And what do we see when these awesome blinds are open ... the CN Tower right in front of us! The hotel is attached to the Skydome. Please note that the bathroom as was simply humongous!

SHOPPING: Of course no trip to Toronto is complete without a little shopping right. Eaton Centre was really close.

NEGATIVE: The only negative aspect from our stay there was breakfast at the stadium. It was $22 per person ... and there was nothing happening in the stadium where the restaurant overlooked.

SUMMARY: The great room and the courteous/friendly staff made up for it. All in all it was a great experience. Next time we are in Toronto, we will most definitely book there.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Excellent location! A 5 minute walk to the Ripley's Aquarium, CN Tower and many other attractions. My room was quite a hike from the elevator. They seem to know this at the front desk and did warn me. Not all the room are like this obviously. The rooms here are large - I have stayed here multiple times and all the rooms I have had are large. The beds are very comfortable. There was some minor maintenance issues in my room this time - loose tap and door knob on the bathroom. I find that kind of thing unacceptable because it is obvious and easy to fix. Overall the location is super, beds comfy, and I will continue to stay at this hotel particularly with friends due to the size of rooms. I have not eaten here at all.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask how far your room is from the elevator if you want to minimize your weaving through...
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had a faultless weekend. I requested a quiet room away from the elevators and got a room 2nd from the end which was great. Wonderful large room with picture windows looking right out at the CN Tower and Ripleys Aquarium. I also really enjoyed the jetted tub. We had a kingsize room and the bed was huge. The staff were all polite and courteous. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we will be returning.

Room Tip: If you request a quiet room away from the elevators be aware that it is a very long walk to the end...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sweetpea127,
Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room that you stayed in, and that our team took excellent care of you during your stay. While some of our hallways may be longer than others, the rooms at the end are very spacious and have a great view of some of our favorite attractions. I hope that you will return again soon.
Regards,