“In and out”

Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel
Ranked #30 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a great night in Toronto Aug 30 starting with a stay at this property. We have stayed here before, but this time had the best room to date. Upgraded to the club floor, and eventhough the club lounge was closed, we received cont breakfast for 2. The room was very big, but the bathroom was huge complete with 2 sinks, corner shower, and jacuzzi tub. We checked in very quickly, and the place was busy. We had room service after our concert served warm and tasty. This hotel was the best price of the Marriotts downtown, although the CAA rate here once provided 48$ food and beverage voucher. We were not offered that this time. This should have been noted ahead of time, but that certainly didnt detract from the lovely room we had. 1 night not enough.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is literally inside the Blue Jays baseball stadium, which is great if you're a baseball fan. Even if you aren't a fan, it's near the lakefront and close to everything. Great gym in the hotel too!
One negative; I'm a Marriott Platinum Elite member and was given a room on The "club level", which is surprisingly not as nice as the non-club levels. Also, we ordered room service and afterwards put the empty tray in hall. It wasn't picked up for two days (after I called housekeeping)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I booked the Renaissance Hotel through Hotwire and paid $131 per night. What a great location! It is literally next to Rogers Stadium and the CN tower. It's also right near the harbor front and a short walk to King Street , the area where you can find theaters and many good restaurants. The rooms in the Rennaisance are spacious as well as the well appointed bathrooms. The beds are very comfortable as well. My only complaint was that for a four star hotel, they could have softer towels. The towels were ribbed and very rough. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were a welcome respite after a long day of touring.

Room Tip: We were lucky to get it on Hotwire.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I got a good deal at this hotel for 2 nights via Priceline.

This hotel is attached to the Rogers Center in downtown Toronto. I was travelling by train and it was also very convenient as it is close to the VIA Rail Union station. There are 2 subway stations walking distance from this hotel, Union station and St-Andrew. But they are not that close, so wear comfy shoes to walk to them and back.

I arrived at 2PM but my room was ready. I got a very nice room, split-level overlooking the stadium. Unfortunately, nothing was taking place during the 2 days I was there. There was a large bathroom all in white marble, a cozy king bedroom with a good size flat TV on the lower level and a large living room on the upper level with its own large flat TV, Keurig coffee maker, sofa and tables. The room was very comfortable and quiet.

I had lunch, breakfast and drinks one evening at the hotel Aurora restaurant, overlooking the football field. It was excellent service each time. The food was tasty and well presented. I asked the waitress what she would recommend and she suggested the fish sandwich. This was not your typical fish sandwich: It was fresh and fancy. Their breakfast buffet is also excellent and has a lot of selection. If you want to eat out, there is a good Cora close by and all the great little restaurants on King and Queen.

The bell boys were cheerful and helpful. They worked hard trying to get me a cab one evening. Front desk was always helpful although not as cheerful as the other staff around the hotel.

My chambermaid was a doll. Very sweet and allowed me to stay in the room as she cleaned so we chatted a little and she gave me some good directions on how to get to a place.

Overall, a great stay here and I would recommend. It was not the best location for me, as I prefer a hotel that is very close to a subway station. I prefer something more central like near the Eaton Center.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Let me start by saying the service and people that work at this hotel were very good, the view from the room was fantastic that is all I can really say good. Very old hotel that needs to be updated the room I was in was $ 509 dollars a night there best room so you can view the inside of the stadium. In my estimate the room price was 400 dollars for view 109 for the rest of the room. Wi fi was terrible I could only get it from lobby, there was a broken piece of marble in the bathroom which was patched with a different color. The toilet you had to hold the handle to flush for 30 seconds otherwise nothing went down the drain. The lights in the bathroom over the sink were very dim and it was hard to shave.
For a Marriott I was very disappointed because this is not Marriott quality but I realize I purchased the view!!!

I had buffet breakfast in the lobby restaurant which was ok 2 people buffet 54 dollars eggs bacon,sausage waffle french toast an omelette station and cold items with fruit.

Drinks in the bar were ok 3 rum and comes and a hamburger 50 dollars

I won't not go back there and would only recommend it to someone who can get tickets to a game and it is a must see game.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you have room that opens up to the field- there is nothing like it! We were ecstatic at the room and watched some of the game, saw the team practice, watched the dome open and close...really cool! Staff could not be nicer and more helpful...easy walk to to center of Toronto and the city is growing....we really enjoyed Toronto and this hotel made the difference...

Room Tip: Try for a room that opens to field...
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel itself is nothing special if you already have tickets to the game. The short walk is a convenience but you are paying for it! There are lots of other hotels within the area that offer more for less.
Amenities were ok, the rooms clean. Nothing is complementary..not even a bottle of water.
I've been to a few hotels in the Toronto area and put this one towards the bottom.