“Fantastic welcome to Canada.”

Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel
Ranked #31 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel was an amazing welcome to Canada, with a great location... Right next to CN Tower, and a few minutes walk from the Union Rail Station. Upon arrival we were given an upgrade to an executive suite, very nice, much larger than standard european rooms.

Restaurant/ bar staff were fantastic, a great sense of humour, but also fantastic service, they were also more than obliging in helping us navigate the city of Toronto. Also fantastic views of the Rogers Centre...

Out of the 5 hotels i stayed in in Canada, this one was by far the best for service.

Only two slight grumbles... A nice coffee maker, but no ceramic mugs... just paper ones (good to go style) not very classy for a 5*. Also the decor although well maintained appeared to be slightly dated in the bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,046)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I brought our 14 year old sons to see a Raptors vs Lakers game in Toronto. We chose to stay at the Renaissance because of the location. We were not disappointed! The location was perfect to take in the game, the CN Tower, and the Hockey Hall of Fame. We even got to see some of the Monster Jam Truck show when we were eating in the restaurant.

The staff were very accommodating. The only criticism was they only allow 1 cot per room no matter how large the room was. And our room was large. They only have double beds or Kings and after the first night, we knew we needed to get those boys on cots. Other than that, the staff went out of their way. Unfortunately, my friend and her son came down with the flu on the last night of our stay. When calling housekeeping, they were very obliging and front desk sent up ginger ale and water. They checked if we needed anything and followed up the next morning to see how we were doing.

Next time we go back to Toronto to see a Raptors game, I'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Mosie M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our location puts us in close proximity to several attractions. As you noted, we are a short walk to the Air Canada Centre, and therefore a convenient choice for anyone taking in a Raptors game or a concert. I'm pleased that our team took care of you during your stay. I hope that everyone is on the mend and in good health.
We hope that you will visit us again soon
Best Regards,

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My family and I stayed in one of the hotel’s field view rooms overlooking the field of the Roger's Centre. From check-in to check-out, our stay was great. The room was clean and airy. We even had the opportunity to watch an event on the field from our room... quite the treat for the kids! Hotel is near plenty of great restaurants and site seeing locations. The breakfast was great and moderately priced for a hotel restaurant. Room was a little expensive but was worth it because of the event we were able to watch from the room.

Room Tip: If there's an event at the Roger's Centre try and get a field view room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear RobertA,
Thank you for your kind review. The views from our stadium view rooms are outstanding and deliver a unique experience for sure. I am pleased to hear that your family enjoyed the show. The location of the hotel is convenient to many local attractions. It sounds as though you were able to take time to explore.
We hope that you will return soon to take in another event with us.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had a great check-in dropped my luggage before heading to supper. The room was very cold, so I checked the thermometer and it was about 12 so I set it to just over 20 and headed for supper.
Got back to the room and it was still freezing , checked the control and it was set at A/C not heat. There was no way being on record breaking cold outside that the maid did not noticed. The maid probably thought it funny. Been back in the room for 20 minutes and still cold, but warming up now. Went to bed cold, turned the heat hotter and guess what at 4AM woke up sweating since I had set it to about 24 and fell asleep at that temperature, glad to get home that next night!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear LionBlanc,
Thank you for your review. In these chilly temperatures, I understand the importance of providing a warm welcome to all of our guests. I apologize that your guestroom was not at a comfortable temperature and have forwarded your feedback to our Style Department for a refresh.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Spent just one night at the hotel. We were clubbing downtown and wanted a place to crash afterwards, so the location made sense. Since I was from out of town, my cousins wanted to stay somewhere that would be a little out of the ordinary. What can I say, it served it's purpose, but really wasn't anything I'd pay extra for. It was clean, seemed to be well maintained and staffed by friendly, helpful people. The room was nothing special and a little dated. If you want a hotel in the heart of the action, or if you're a real sports nut, the hotel is a good choice.

The restaurant served a really good brunch that was fresh and well stocked. If you like smoked salmon, you'll love the breakfast buffet. The coffee was also first rate.

Room Tip: Because of the shape of the hotel, which curves around a playing field, don't get a room that...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Jennifer C,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are conveniently located in the entertainment district, and so, only a short walk to your venue.
It's nice to hear that the team took care of you. I will pass along your positive dining experience to our culinary team.

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Got back to the room and it was still freezing , checked the control and it was set at A/C not heat. There was no way being on record breaking cold outside that the maid did not noticed. The maid probably thought it funny. Been back in the room for 20 minutes and still cold, but warming up now. Fun

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear LionBlanc,
Thank you for your review. In these chilly temperatures, I understand the importance of providing basic warmth to our guests. Please accept my apologies that you did not return to a warm welcome. I have forwarded on your feedback to our Style Department for refresh.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary and I decided to stay at the Renaissance after browsing what felt like every hotel in downtown Toronto! We were staying during the 'monster jam' weekend so it was pretty busy but we still got a great rate. I had tweeted out that we were going to be staying and the amazing concierge took note! Monika had chocolate strawberries and sparkling wine delivered to our room just after we checked in to our beautifully upgraded room. We looked out onto Front St. and could see other hotels and condos. This was such a perfect way to start our weekend! Thank you Monika! The gentleman that delivered the treats was also very delightful although I'm sorry I do not remember his name. Check in was quick and efficient. There were LOTS of kids around for the monster jam weekend but once in our room you couldn't tell! Also, we were just outside the elevators BUT because they're kind of tucked behind a corner you couldn't tell at all. The beds were SUPER comfy. Had a few after dinner drinks in the Arriba lounge, friendly service with a neat view. We're huge Blue Jays fans so I'm positive that if we decide to make any of our game trips an overnight stay this year we'll be staying at the Renaissance again! :)

Room Tip: we had a city view which is great for the natural light. would love to try a stadium view during the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cbaileyy,
Thank you for sharing the details of your stay. I am pleased that you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us, and not at all surprised that Monika went above and beyond to help make the evening special. She is an asset to our team and I will share your review with her.
It's a great idea for your to return during baseball season, and to take in a Blue Jays game from one of our stadium view rooms.
We look forward to seeing you again.