Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel
$294
$232
  • Breakfast included
2,114 results
All reviewsrogers centreblue jaysstadium view roomtrain tracksbaseball fieldwatch the gamecn towerbaseball fanarriba restaurantjays gameripley's aquariumunion stationself parkingentertainment districthotel roomking bedan upgrade
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed January 8, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I booked a standard room, and were surprised to have been upgraded to the King Suite! I think it's because the hotel wasn't busy, and when we arrived at reception, we asked for a room with a mini fridge. She said that she wasn't sure if the room we were booked in had a fridge so she said she'd switch us to one that had a fridge for sure. What a surprise!! It was fantastic. But, normally we would never book a suite, so it's hard to compare this to other high-end rooms. My husband went to the gym and said it was top-knotch. There is a lobby bar that overlooks the stadium, which I'm sure is packed on game days, but was still nice to check out when it was empty. Parking was an extra $20/day. Wifi is free IF you sign up for their free Marriott rewards card ... which we did.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear OntarioJenn,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay in one of our the suites. When availability allows, we like to cease the opportunity to delight our guests unexpectedly with an upgrade. I am so glad you appreciated the room and amenities included.
Happy New Year.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Renaissance from Dec. 13-1 in room 1151. Called prior to stay and requested a higher level room away from the rail-ways and a large king-sized bed after reading suggestions and reviews. I took the airport shuttle (extremely comfortable, affordable and I loved the free wifi!) from Pearson to the Intercontinental and walked a block or so to the Renaissance. The location is superb and easy to find, just wall towards the CN tower! Check in was a breeze and the gentleman assisting was nothing less of friendly and accommodating!! I was surprised and excited to find out I placed on the club lounge level on the 11th floor. The room itself wasn't as nice as I thought when I thought of a club level room but it was adequate. The bed was large and the pillows were super comfy. I had requested a view of the CN tower but I got a view of the railways. The view wasn't bad though! I tried the restaurant in the hotel (Arriba) and it was decent. You can see a view of the stadium from the restaurant which is quite nice :) On the Sunday I was there, the Buffalo Bills were playing the Seattle Seahawks and the hotel was bustling. It was definitely a sight to see!! The staff at the Renaissance were extremely cordial and helpful throughout my entire stay. The concierge, front desk and housekeeping staff were always smiling and eager to assist. Room service was pretty good as well. I was extremely surprised how well everything was laid out and the quality of the food at 11:30 PM. I called the front desk to inquire about printing charges in the business center and they offered to print my papers for free. When I headed downstairs a few moments later, they were all ready to be picked up!! Great service. I also loved the free apple cider in the lobby and the club lounge evening beverages and hors d'oeuvres. Overall, my stay at the Renaissance was beyond my expectations. I definitely recommend this hotel. As a first time traveler to Toronto, it was a pleasure to stay at such a fine establishment!!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear xmissmelly,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It sounds as though your stay exceeded expectations. That is always our goal. I am pleased to hear that your room assignment met your preferences and that all of our team were attentive to your needs during your stay.
We hope that you will have the occasion to visit us again soon.
Happy New Year.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Flying into Toronto's Billy Bishop Airport on a Porter Airlines (fantastic!) flight from a week in rural Northern Ontario, my fiance & I were ready to enjoy the finer things in life. Admittedly, the Renaissance at the Roger's Centre was a last minute choice based on the number of stars and location - we wanted to be able to get off the plane and quickly land gently on a very comfortable bed! Our expectations weren't high but fortunately, we were both pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail and quality of the room's fixtures and fittings and the professional attentiveness of the staff (front desk & room service). It was a luxury to walk through Toronto's first major winter blizzard and to return to our cozy oasis over-looking the heart of Toronto's business community.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AJK67
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear AJK67,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that your stay exceeded your expectations. Our close proximity to Billy Bishop Airport makes travel convenient; particularly when you are exploring a new city. We hope that if you have another occasion to visit Toronto, that you will choose our hotel based on this positive experience.
Best Regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've stayed here once and will never again. I totally recommend Hilton Garden or Residence Inn as much better choices to go with instead, if your're staying in this area. The room was decent, but not at a 4 star level. The service is what I was really upset about. They charged us extra fees without warning us before hand. When we complained they kept passing us around and being very dismissive. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple