“Great Price, nice room, fun view” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel

Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
Ranked #27 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Great Price, nice room, fun view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at the Renaissance downtown Toronto this past weekend and found my stay satisfying. Washroom was extremely spacious, very useful amenities including a mini fridge. We had a view of inside the stadium which I found pretty cool. Its an absolute great location. The only thing I don't like is the cost for internet and local calls. Lets be real who charges for these things in this decade, the wireless doesn't cost the hotel any extra and we all know that local calls should be free. Other than that it was clean and cozy and well priced.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sarnia, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on wednesday October 17, 2012 and wouldn't stay there again. I used Priceline.com and bid on a hotel and this is the hotel they gave me. I paid $140 a night for this room, unfortunately the front desk gentleman who checked me in put me on a floor that had a function on it and the room was right beside the elevator. He did tell me I had a city view which was a laugh as I was on the 2nd floor.I could hear the elevator all night long and the floor was noisey with the function. I complained to the front desk about it but they did nothing about it as I was on my way out the door for the 2nd Annual BRA Day that I was attending.
My bathroom wasn't cleaned very well. When I went to use the bathroom there were a few long black hairs on the toilet seat. I have short reddish blonde hair so I knew it wasn't mine.
The parking of your car to check into the hotel was always so crowded I had a hard time finding room to park my car.
The only thing good I can say about this hotel is the Aveida products they have in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Make sure when the reservation is made ask for a floor where no functions are being held and far awa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Tannedandtwisted,
Please accept my apology on behalf of the hotel. I understand that your stay fell short of your expectations. As that is never our intention, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you.
Please email your contact details to fo@renaissancetoronto.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Andrea Copeland
Shetland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I satyed at this hotel at the end of a business trip for a couple of days sight seeing. The hotel was comfortable, warm and remarkably quiet, even tough my room overlooked the rail tracks. The food was ecellent, and great value. The hotel was very welcoming, and they even have their own transport to take you to the airport. The staff were delightful, helpful and very thoughtful towards a lone traveller. Handy with all the local attactions and transport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Madmamw650,
Thank you for your positive review. I am pleased to hear that you had a comfortable night stay and that you had time to enjoy our Arriba restaurant and local attractions. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our team.
Regards,
Andrea Copeland
Lone Tree, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Not much personality in this property but if one is looking for a centrally located hotel, excellent internet access, friendly executive lounge and welcoming front office staff, this is the place to stay. I had a very comfortable overnight stay until I saw used soap in the shower clearly from the previous guest. In-room dining does not have have vegetarian selection. This property has great potential...

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

If you are a light sleeper, be sure to ask for a room AWAY from the railways!

Valet parking is $30 a might and is well worth it! Self parking is $10 cheaper, but a huge pain!

Fresh, clean and comfy beds :)

Bathtub caulking was disgusting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ON, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the Renaissance for two nights in October, (during the Toronto Marathon weekend). When we checked in we were upgraded to a field view room. What a treat! We were able to watch the police games on Saturday and a football game on Sunday. Our room had a very long hall that opened into our sleeping area. It was nice but the furnishings are starting to get a little worn.

Our friends checked in later in the afternoon and were given the option of waiting for a field view room or taking a room across the hall from ours that was already available. They opted for the room across the hall. It was nice - it was a long room with a sitting area and a sleeping area, (two TVs, fridge). They overlooked the train tracks but did not comment on train noise.

-We had a couple of drinks at Arriba restaurant but didn't get to try any of the food, ($6 sleeman pints while we were there).
-The pool area is clean and well maintained.
-The staff were very friendly and professional.
-You are close to everything. It is a short walk to the restaurants on King Street...and it takes about 30 min to walk to the Distillery District.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Time_to_Relax,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the sights from your stadium view room. It certainly is a unique experience. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope that You and your friends will return for another visit soon.
Best Regards.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here three nights for business. To me, the decor is not all that inviting... sort of a muted jester look of contemporary shapes and bold, rich colors. Okay, but it ages quickly and it showed. I was in a room on a low floor facing north, overlooking the walkway (away from the stadium) and the train tracks. Although there was always something to watch out the window, it felt like a display case. Not so good. The room itself was fine, spacious and well appointed with an in-room safe and a good WiFi signal with no accessibility issues. A big plus. I did not eat there, opting for Starbucks (naturally). The area seemed very safe, even when I needed to walk home alone after an event at Air Canada Centre. I would stay here again, but request a different room location.

Room Tip: Request a high floor facing the stadium or south (pretty much the same thing.)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear SAEMom25,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is true. We have a variety of room types, and in different locations. If you have the occasion to return for a visit, we would be pleased to assign a room that will meet all of your needs.
We appreciate your time.