“Great location and check in, everything else okay”

Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel
Ranked #30 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very good location in Toronto convenient to downtown. Good place to stay for a business meeting.
Greeted at the door and fast and courteous checkin.
Lounge is a little different than most other Marriott Lounges, but I like it. More spread out, sprawling along a hallway with views.
Room was good sized, with good views. Bathroom was very large, with large sink area.
Didn't quite get the 5-rating feeling here. Interior of room and hotel is dated. It's kind of a maze to get to your room. Doesn't feel up-to-date. Feels like an old apartment building.
Final minor issue is morning shuttle. I know I showed up at 8:56am, and the shuttle only runs until 9am, but I only needed a ride to the Ritz which was maybe 3 blocks away. A 5-rated hotel would have done it, but this hotel doesn't quite make it.
A good stay. I would consider staying here again for business. Business rate was pretty good at under $200 a night. But not quite a 5.

Room Tip: higher floor rooms for better views
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Valor155,
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that your guestroom met your expectations while travelling for business. I wanted to let you know that we are working on updates and upgrades in the future and hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Decided to have a weekend getaway downtown Toronto and since our plans included watching a Jay's game we couldn't think of a more suitable location to spend it!

Parking is the same as the Rogers Centre located across the street. It's $20/day for self parking and $30/day for valet. There is an underground elevator on the hotel section of the parking lot that takes you directly up into the lobby.

Check In was at 3pm but like everyone else we didn't come to check in until after 3:30pm when the Jay's game ended so it got delayed a bit however it was understandable.

We stayed in a City View King Room which was located on the Third Floor, Room 329. Our room looked out onto the front/entrance of the hotel. The room was very clean and spacious with a contemporary feel. The hugeee king bed was soo comfy and fluffy. I had a great sleep in it with no issues regarding noise. There is a nice LCD flat screen tv located at the foot of the bed, with a desk adjacent to it and a nice red sofa and ottoman located beside the floor to ceiling window complete with blackout curtains.
The marble bathroom contains a shower/tub combo and has lovely AVEDA bath products.

There is a wonderful restaurant located in the hotel called Arriba which I definitely recommend trying out. It has spectacular bird's eye view of the roger's centre and is a great to place to have lunch and watch a game. The have amazing burgers!

Overall I'd say it's the perfect location if you are watching a game or going to see an event at the ACC or visiting the CN tower. It is within walking distance to many great restaurants and Union Station.

FYI there is no free Wifi it's a charge of $12.95 to access it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank chrissy_gal
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Our room was nice and clean, and overlooked the front entrance to the CN tower so the view was cool. There was a jetted tub in the bathroom although we didn't use it. The lady that checked us in was so very nice, as was the cleaning staff, bellhops and the valet. These staff members were extremely courteous and helpful. But what made a lasting impression in particular was the rudeness and inhospitable attitude of the bar staff. We were amazed at the view of the ballpark walking past the bar area and my boyfriend stepped in to quickly take a photo as we had seen others do, as no hostess was there to clearly mark it as a wait to be seated area and it was quite empty. The hostess appeared at her stand and exclaimed in frustration some comments about us as I waited outside. Later when I walked past I stood outside the entryway and I was greeted by two staff members who asked me if I wanted to come in but acted like bouncers and I was made to feel VERY unwelcome in the conversation that followed. Maybe we made a mistake of stepping foot inside without being seated for service but the place was pretty empty. Mark the area as a bar area with a hostess that greets and doesnt disappear and treat all guests equally. And when tourists staying at your hotel walk past and gawk at the great view, smile at them genuinely and invite them to come in and sit down for a drink or more and they will be so inclined. The rudeness saddened and angered me and ruined my impressions of this hotel. Worst feeling of any hotel stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Dariatx
Reviewed May 21, 2012

A friend recommended this hotel because of the field view rooms. We booked a room with a field view to watch the Blue Jays play the NY Yankees. The room was very pricey, but we figured it would be a fun splurge. When we checked in, we were quite surprised to be placed into a small room with a view of railroad tracks and a nearby building. I went to desk clerk with a copy of the confirmation page showing our reservation was for a field view suite. The clerk said we were placed in the smaller room because the room we were originally scheduled to have was not yet available. Really? Does that even make sense?? The clerk was able to check his computer again, and he then provided us with the requested field view room. Once we were in the room, we were very happy with the field view. It was quite fun to watch all the action from the comfort of our room. We purchased food at a great local market (Longo's) and enjoyed a nice dinner during the game. The room itself was clean, although a little dated. I loved the Aveda toiletries. I would recommend this hotel, but advise guests to bring written confirmation of their room choice.

Room Tip: If the Blue Jays are in town, definitely get a room with the field view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DJM702
Reviewed May 17, 2012

If you are going to a Blue Jays game, this is the place to stay! You pay for the convenience. The hotel is mediocre; no safe, $12.95 for internet, exhorbitant restaurant and room service and $6.00 water in the rooms. But of course, for Americans, everything in Canada is expensive! I'd stay here again for the convenience, but not much else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the even side of the building may face the ballfield.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Great hotel, nice clean rooms, and the restaurant has a cool view overlooking the Rogers Centre. Also a nice location in the heart of downtown Toronto, a quick 10 minute walk to the train station.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My time in Toronto was limited so I booked this hotel because it was so close to the CN tower- I wasn't disappointed! It was essentially a 3 minute walk to the tower! This makes it easy to locate when you arrive in Toronto too! My room was a good size with all the things you would expect to find.

Room Tip: I would however suggest to anyone who is a light sleeper to opt for a room away from the ground floo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo