“Good value compared to other very expensive options.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel

Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
Ranked #27 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ontario, Canada
“Good value compared to other very expensive options.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Renaissance Toronto for two nights. The location is very good to walk to the CN Tower, Air Canada Centre, Convention Centre, obviously the Skydome and many restaurants.
My room was small(853) and did not face into the sports field but the bed was comfortable and everything was clean. I gave this hotel average because the fixtures in the bathroom and room decor was dated and a little tired.
I would stay there again if I got the same reasonable rate compared to the more expensive options in the downtown core.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Panther67

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Bought this package through remarkable Toronto a touriste sight. Excellent price and got tickets to The Grace Kelly exhibit for a song. The hôtel is very Nice clean large room and even a free Kurig coffee in the room. There just was no cream or sugar. The pool is nice but complicated to get to it. The parking is 20 $.

• Stayed January 2012
Collingwood, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

Booked this hotel through hotwire. We got a "steal" of a price ($90). The hotel itself was in a great location, although parking was tough...drove around in circles (and this is in a very busy area) as there are no signs posted where to park. Had to drive up to the hotel and the staff outside gave us a map to where to park. Reception very friendly. Hallways in the room area very outdated and dark..not pleasant at all. Room was clean.
We were leaving by train and this was in an okay location (not to far of a walk) to not only catch the train, but entertainment and dinner too. C.onvenient that we could leave the car (for a fee) while we were away

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night in room 789 in December 2011 (a couple and a 5 year old child). I got the room as part of a special deal on Travelzoo for $99/night. I thought it would be perfect because it is adjacent to the Rogers Centre and we were in town to see the Disney on Ice show there. When I booked the room, the agent was very friendly but was only able to get me a King bed with a roll away cot for our child for an extra $20. When I got to the hotel, however, I asked if they had another room for the same price with two doubles and they were able to accommodate my request with no problems. I was glad they did not screw up on the bill and did not charge me the $20 for the cot which I no longer needed. Walking to that room was the longest walk I have ever taken from an elevator to a room ever. The room was wonderful, though. It was very spacious and the beds had tons of pillows. There was an LCD TV and a desk, as well as the usual night tables, dresser, and an extra comfy chair. What impressed me most, however, was the bathroom - among the nicest hotel bathrooms I've ever seen. It was huge and had both a separate shower stall and a bathtub, plus two sinks. Just amazing. The only downside was that the view from this room is horrible, it is just of a rooftop ledge and you can't see anything, except perhaps part of the base of the CN Tower. At least, however, there were no privacy concerns as nobody could see through our window. Even though the hotel is adjacent to the Rogers Centre, you still have to go outside to walk around it to the entrance gates. But it's still the closest hotel to the place in town. The self parking was an extra $20 which you pay at the exit. You park inside a designated area for hotel guests in an indoor parking garage which is attached to the hotel by an elevator. They give you instructions on how to get there when you check in. Like I said, you have to drive there but then once there you just go up the elevator which takes you right up to the lobby. Parking there is normally $25 so you save $5. They also have a valet parking option for $30. There is a Tim Hortons within a 10 minutes walk from the hotel and other restaurants everywhere as this is right in downtown Toronto. So you will not lack places to eat. We didn't go to the hotel restaurant as it was probably too expensive for our tastes. I found the service at the hotel friendly and professional, and was glad they got our bill exactly what I expected to pay for it despite the last minute change in rooms. For $99/night, it can't be beat. Even for a little more it is still a great location for visiting the Rogers Centre and CN Tower, and the room itself would have been quite perfect if it had a better view, but then again we weren't there for the view.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Banense
Toronto Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Very nice hotel - very large rooms (you could fit 2/3 of our 2nd story in the bedroom alone) - and huge bathrooms. Lots of water pressure, and perfectly functional fixtures. The "City view" room overlooks train tracks, but you can barely hear the trains. (we were on the 5th floor)
Excellent complimentary shoe shining service available (just have to call to ask for it).
Pricey room service menu, but hey - room service normally isn't cheap. Good size LCD (LG brand) TV, and a Keurig coffee maker in a standard room. There's also a bottle of water with the coffee maker, but they want $6 for it. (go for a 5 minute walk to a drug store and buy a larger bottle for $1).
All in all, great hotel, and I'd definately stay there gain

Room Tip: If there's an event going on (Jays game etc) ask for a stadium view room. Warning - some events...