“The Best Hotel Experience Ever!! Watched a Blue Jays game from the window!”

Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel
Ranked #30 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Myself, my cousin, and my 12 year old son, Brenden stayed here one night before my son and I flew back to Orlando, FL. We had spent 10 days in my hometown, Sudbury, and my cousin, Kevin, booked a room for our last night here as a surprise for my son to end his vacation (as we drove from Sudbury to TO). We didn't tell him (and he is a HUGE baseball fan)...so when we entered the room, he went screaming to the window, we got there just as the game started. It was perfect. We watched most of the game from the window and went down to the restaurant for some appetizers and sat at the window there. The Jays lost but it didn't take away from the experience. The room was gorgeous and clean and the view was amazing!! Perfect end to a summer trip :) The Tornonto brewed beers are so good, too...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jodi Z

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Great location for accessing sports and theatre venues, a variety of restaurants and access to underground shopping. Short walk from Union Station. Room was clean and modern. Conference facilities were good. Excellent fitness room and pool. Would definitely recommend and stay there again. Although rooms face tracks and room was on 3rd floor, there was no disturbance from the trains.

Room Tip: Higher floors would likely have less noise from tracks.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed here for a night away. Another wonderful deal through Travel Zoo. The room was originally booked as city view but were given venue view - which if there was an event would be an awesome room. We were switched to a city view - and the room is fantastic. Great view of the CN Tower. The room is 2 level, bathroom and sitting area in "foyer". Bed and tv/fridge on upper level. Ceiling high windows. Very quiet room, clean room.
Only negative I would say it that it is a very very long walk to the elevator - was about a good 5 minute walk and when you're carrying luggage that's way too far to walk. We found other people on our floor who weren't as far as us, complaining that the elevator is too far. Elevator is situated in middle of hotel. Customer service was good as well. Ice machine was close to us and always stocked. We have already booked a room for June of next year!!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

The Renaissance Dowtown Hotel is attached to the Skydome, home of the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team. However it is conveniently located for so many other Toronto attractions, hockey, theatre, restaurants, the CN tower, the lake and shopping. The bed was very comfy and the rooms are spacious and well-appointed. Parking, while hard to find - TIP - drive up to the front lobby and get directions from the Valet - is very reasonably priced for the city.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. It was walking distance from the train station so getting there was fairly easy but a better sign at the corner of the convention centre would be a good addition. The room was modern and very clean. The room was smaller than other business hotels in the area. My conference started early and went late each day so I did not get a chance to explore the hotel. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Duane L
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I went to Toronto for a hockey game, and stayed at this hotel. We had a great stay, the rooms are very spacious. The pool and fitness center were amazing. I didn't try the restaurant but we did go for a drink at the bar at night. It was only a short walk from the ACC. Overall one of the best hotels I've stayed at in Toronto.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Every time I travel to Toronto for business, I stay at the Renaissance. Each stay has topped the one before! I get to meet wonderful staff like Annie, Bethany, Tatiana, James and Herson who show me such kindness and warmth. From the front desk, to concierge, to the Club Lounge...all are well prepared to answer any questions about the city and to provide a personal touch to the services they provide. I recently had my husband and 3 children (ages 13, 10, and 9) join me in Toronto and we did not want to leave. We booked an additional night because our room was sooooo spacious and comfortable, and 5 nights was still not enough. Thank you for giving us a place to call home during our next visit to Wonderful Toronto!!! T.R. - Michigan USA

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor (405 thru 415'ish) have a Loft inside them - facing the city!!! Wow!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business