“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

My husband whisked me away for a night away and took me to the Renaissance hotel, where we had a wonderful stay! The room we had was spectacular, and offered the best view of the city. The room was very clean and offered everything one could think of. The bathroom was out of this world. The staff were very friendly and professional and always went that extra mile to provide anything one might need. I would highly recommend this hotel and we will be back for another romantic get away soon.

Room Tip: The north facing rooms have a fantastic view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This hotel is pretty consistent with Marriott properties. I did not like the fact that they did not have in room wifi. Unless it is baseball season get a room with an outside view. Stayed here right before an NFL game and they told me they upgraded me to a room with a view into the skydome, well I had that view for about 20 mins before they rolled a huge banner over my window and so it was like staying in a cave without any outside light. Food choices are minimal and everyone was very polite.

Room Tip: Select a City View
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dyarger
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Older building , needs some attention in the rooms. Shower head didn't really work very well. Internet is wired only and slow. Should have wifi in rooms too. For a renaissance it needs some attention.

• Stayed December 2011
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Came down for a conference. Close to the conference centre and a number of sites. Also a number of restaurants and close to many others if you know how to get around. The hotel looks the same as it did for the last number of years. My room was big and a little dated. Funny but there was very little furniture in my room. If you had more that 2 people visit, they would have to sit on the bed. But the bed was comfortable and overall the stay was good. A little pricey but not too sure how it compared to other rooms.

Room Tip: When you book, ask for a room a little higher up and also not facing into the ball field. Found the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We had a great trip to Toronto and had a wonderful stay at the Renaissance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I left my ipod and all of our phone/electronics in the hotel room and didn't realize it until we were at our next destination and over an hour and a half away. I called the hotel thinking there was no way my stuff would be found, but I was wrong. The housekeeping staff turned in my lost items and Monika at the concierge ensured it was mailed to my next destination (even calling customs to ensure we didn't have an issue). Once she got it in the mail, she called me back with a tracking number and let me know the delivery time. I so appreciate the help!
The room was also great - spacious with a pull out sleeper sofa for my daughter and a king size bed for my husband and me.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2011

The hotel is in a great location for business or tourists. That being said, the hotel is lacking for business clients. There's no Wi-Fi in the rooms, so if you're like me and do all of your buiness on your iPad, you can't do any work from your room. The beds in the room have been upgraded and they're very comfortable so you can be ensured of a good nights sleep. I recommend you stay on the side of the hotel with the ball park as the city view side has the trains and they create a lot of noise throughout the night. The rooms furniture, carpet and decor is rather outdated and felt a little 80's inspired. Furniture especially seems old. There was no mini-bar, bottles of water or coffee in my room, so overall just an average hotel for service. I can't complain about the staff, but I can't rave about them either. They seem like they just to do the minimum required and they're not inspired to create a great experience for the guests, just the basics. Overall, an average hotel, with a great location. Good for families with basic needs, or a group of young guys in town for sporting events.

Room Tip: Get a view of Rogers Centre, they're quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Versoix, Switzerland
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Cannot get more central than this hotel. Home of the Blue jays baseball team.
Very modern hotel, friendly staff.
Well prepared and served breakfast. The rooms are comfortable, quiet, and very clean too.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo