“Great Location”

Ranked #27 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
detroit
“Great Location”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I really liked this hotel for a few reasons. The location was great, we went for the Film Fest and everything was in walking distance.BUT the staff is what won me over, they were excellent! They were both helpful and friendly, all of them (that's important to me). The rooms we slightly more than average, but spacious. The view of the ball park is beyond beautiful, we didn't have a room with a view, but the bar/restaurant in the lobby has the best vie and great drinks and food. There's restaurants close by and the subway station are also close by, just in case you need to go a little further out and don't want to drive.

I was very impressed; this will be my hotel of choice next year.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the ball park.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Petoskey
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed a night to watch a base ball game rather than wrestle with a five year old in the stands. We had a room that overlooked the ball field. The windows open so you can hear and see everything as if you were sitting in the stands. This was great family fun for our two boys. There was something always going on in the stadium to watch before and after the game. Preparing the field, cleaning the stands, practice, etc. The lights were on in the stadium all night so you could see everything that goes into cleaning before the next game or event. The hotel offers food and drink packages, at a very reasonable price, for watching the game from your room. The pool at the hotel was also very nice.

Room Tip: Chose a king bed room overlooking the field ratherr than a 2 bed room. The 2 bed rooms have a post...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I'm sure that if I were a jays fan I would have been in love with the view from one of the field view rooms or from the very small bar overlooking the Rogers Centre. However, I was in town to see friends and wanted a central location. While the hotel itself is relatively easy to get to, once you get inside it's marathon time! The elevators are centrally located in the lobby but once you reach your floor be prepared to lug your bags for miles as the corridors go on and on and on! our room was so bare it was a joke! Only the utilitarian will appreciate the decor. The bathroom was in need of some sprucing up and the sleep number bed...didn't work! This is a fine hotel if you're passing through and need some place to crash but if you're in Toronto looking for a comfortable home base, this is not the place to go!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New Liskeard, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My fiance is a HUGE Jays fan and we have been travelling to Toronto at least twice a year from 6 hours north (New Liskeard) and we always stay at the Renaissance! We LOVE it !! Within walking distance to everything (Eaton's Center, restaurants, downtown shopping) and the amenities and spa are fantastic !! We will continue to stay at the Renaissance!!!

Room Tip: I love the higher floors sith the city view!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Verona, WI
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I took a father/daughter trip with my 10-year old, and even though she couldn't care less about baseball, she was absolutely thrilled with our field view room! As a lifelong fan, I was over the moon.

Upon arrival, I had housekeeping open the huge picture windows to the field, and I kept them open for our entire four-night stay.

In addition to the great view of the stadium (we watched two games from the room, and one more from our seats in the stadium), the rest of the hotel is top-notch, too. Our housekeeper took good care of us with little touches like straightening my daughter's shoes, the bathroom was impeccably clean, friendly front desk clerks and concierge, and we even used the fitness center and pool twice (we were the only ones in the pool.)

I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't care about baseball, don't spend the money on a field view room.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
PHILADELPHIA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance since I was attending an event at the Rogers Centre. The location was perfect, and the staff were very helpful. The on site restaurant was a great place for breakfast and late night snacks. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Me and my husband stayed here for our anniversary last November 2010. The Front Desk staff were very friendly and accomodating and actually gave us a free upgrade to a loft room overlooking the rogers centre field. However, this hotel actually shows its age and it needs some serious updates like carpets and furnitures. The elevators are sooo small.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceTO, Director of Rooms at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear Canadian_Beach_Baby,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I have great news for you. Since your last visit, we have upgraded all of our guest rooms with new carpet and have a maintenance program in place to refurbish any furnishings that are in need of some attention. Thank you again for your feedback.
We hope that you will return again and give us another chance.
Regards,