“Great Location”

Ranked #29 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Bordentown
“Great Location”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We traveled to Toronto from New Jersey for a Phillies road trip. The hotel location is perfect if you are taking in any event at the Rogers Centre. We stayed on the top floor (11th) with a decent view of the city side. Rooms overlooking the inside of the stadium are ridiculously expensive, especially if you have tickets to the game as well. We were pleased with the cleanliness of the room and the houskeeping staff maintained the room nicely daily. We were a little surprised that there was only one restaurant in the hotel, but after seeing all the fine dining establishments withing a couple blocks walk, it is not a problem. In fact, we never moved our vehicle from the garage during our entire stay. We did have breakfast in the hotel restaurant and were treated very well by our server, Teri. The concierge representative, Monica, was excellent in her dining recommendations. A very nice hotel if you should stay in downtown Toronto.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrMar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Blacksburg
Reviewed July 8, 2011

This is one of those hotels where you imagine the environment and amenities are really top notch but while nicely equipped, this hotel only leaves one feeling satisfied, not impressed. The front entrance staff is 'cold', the rooms are slightly above average and the pool area lacks a sauna or a steam room. To be honest the pool area is more akin to a decent into a gray dungeon with artificial light and limited seating.

The location remains this hotel's selling feature. A short walk to the waterfront or to Union Station is super convenient.

If you can get a deal (less than $100 a night) then by all means go for it. If you are forced to pay more then I would reconsider.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank crashingcanuck
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night to drop my grandparents off at the Island Airport. I've stayed at the Residence Inn a block up many many times, but sadly, they just don't have the beds I needed and I didn't want to pay for a 2 bedroom for a couple hours. The 4 of us arrived very late, and the front desk happily upgraded us to a room with a sofabed and 2 doubles so I wouldn't have to sleep with my mom! The room was a very very good size, especially since I am more accustomed to the Residence.
We were immediately entranced by the view of the field, and this is probably the main reason to stay here. It is definitely time to renovate, as things are starting to look a little worn. It's a Marriott, so some things go without saying, staff are excellent and polite, everything is clean.
Internet is not included in the room, this is standard with full service hotels sadly. I don't understand why people complain here-complain to the hotel, but it's not like they don't inform you about it.
Another bonus-self parking is $20, $30 for valet. Cheaper than anyplace else nearby. If you're going to come in and out, do valet, as you only have to pay once.
Once they renovate, and I'm sure it's coming soon, the nearby Residence Inn and the brand new Ritz Carlton will have a fight on their hands for sure.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade...the worst they say is no.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KikiTee
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed here a few months ago and the staff was excellent. The male, overnight manager (tall guy with dark hair) was VERY nice and went above and beyond to help make our stay satisfying. I recently visited the hotel again this past weekend, hoping to see the overnight manager again who was very helpful, but had to deal with the most rude, oblivious, "busy" staff I have ever seen. I waited over 10 minutes at the front desk to speak to an employee as she talked on the phone (which was definitely a personal phone call as i heard her gossiping about her weekend). The hotel was mediocre - nice if you are a Jays fan, but besides that has nothing else going for it. The stafff were AWFUL!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thank you for your review on July 5th. I apologize that your arrival experience fell short of your expectations. That certainly was not our intention. Your feedback has been valuable to us. It is rare that service is the reason for our guests' frustrations, however, every now and again, we may just need a reminder such as this to ensure that we are delivering the most professional and courteous service to our visitors.
I hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to show you that we truly are capable of providing excellent service. If in the city again, please contact me directly at 416-341-5002. I would be delighted to take care of the details of your reservation.
Regards,
Andrea Copeland
Director of Rooms
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We came, as most people I suspect do, for a game at the attached Rogers Centre. As I checked in I noticed my brother, daughter and nephew had vanished around the corner, entranced by the view of the inside of the ballpark from the lounge and restaurant. We dropped the bags in the clean, average looking room and then ate lunch before the game as we watched batting practice. It was awesome and the food was very good, I had a delicious veggie wrap and my brother had curry chicken on rice. For those who want to do the same, the lounge seats fill by 4pm but are pretty empty at lunch time, until around 3:00. Batting practice was later but you could see the field being prepped and some pitching going on. Also, the pool was quite lovely but buried within the very nice (but unused by me) health club. My kids could not find there way there without help, which was probably the point. Also, free internet was available only in the lobby, and you needed your own computer to use it--if you used their business center you had to pay. We had a package with very good Blue Jays tickets included, along with breakfast (which was a meal credit for any meal, actually) and valet parking--with this price we paid (299) was reasonable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Enjoyed the staff and accomations - quickly responded to every to every request. I have an I-Pad and would have loved wireless in the room instead of just the lobby.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for his birthday week last November. I must say, it is a good hotel and the location is the best if you have a business or shopping trip in the downtown Toronto area.

We came in on a Sunday for the Toronto Raptors game that evening. They were able to check us in early and in no time. The room is very spacious and clean. The bathroom is huge, spotless and pretty. The view wasnt as great as we had hoped for the field view but it's still ok.
The room service was prompt and fresh. All in all, it was a good stay.

I would like to talk about the hotel's location. It is attached to the Rogers Centre, so it would be perfect if you stay here when there's a game. You can watch it right from your room.

Also, i didn't realize it was right next to the CN Tower until we went there for a dinner for my husband's birthday. We walked to the tower and back in my heels. It was so close and the area was pretty secured and well lit. We didn't feel threatened at all.

This hotel is also about 30 minute walk or less or a 5-10 minute cab ride to anywhere downtown.

• Stayed November 2010