“Disappointed”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #39 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed January 20, 2009

If you're looking for a central location in downtown Toronto I would suggest looking elsewhere. For the $100 US that I paid the floor was dirty and the hot water in the shower literally took 10 minutes to kick in. The downstairs lobby was also not tidy. When I check out the attendant asked how my stay was and I said, "mixed"....well, he either didn't hear me or chose not to respond because there was no follow up. The good thing is that I did arrive hours early and the attendant at that time was kind enough to let me check my bags while I wondered around, and when I arrived back about a half hour before check in he let me check in early. The room was noise free with the exception of the occasional subway running nearby.

I guess I was also disappointed after searching around so much and spending the amount of money I did on a place that elsewhere would have gone for alot less.

Stayed: January 2009
Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed January 19, 2009

I just spent two nights at the Hotel Victoria with a girlfriend. I can heartily recommend this hotel for a number of reasons: you cannot beat the location, as it is within walking distance of everything we wanted to do; the room was spotlessly clean, and the queen-size beds were super-comfortable, which made for a very good night's sleep. I found the hotel to be very reasonably priced and an excellent value for the money. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating, at one point spending a fair amount of time to look up something for us on the internet. When I return to Toronto for another visit, I will definitely stay at this little gem of a hotel. An added plus: it is just down the block from Richtree Market Restaurant; grab a 10% off coupon at the front desk of the hotel, and get ready for a beautiful dining experience!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2008

This is my second time at this little peice of paradise and I love it . It's close to everything and especially "Richtree" resturant. Maybe it is small to some but for me it does the trick. The people are friendly. Anywhere you want to go is in walking distance, head South and you can go to the Waterfront. Head North and you are on your way to a shopping experience. I will be making this my annual Christmas holiday stop.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Ahmali42
Reviewed December 6, 2008

This small hotel is in process of being redecorated and claims to be a boutique hotel, although it doesn't quite live up to that label yet. Its location is brilliant in downtown Toronto. It has no restaurant, but that doesn't matter as there is a wealth of them locally. The entrance and lobby are being done up, so at present it is rather faded, dusty and dull, but the room was good. Although compact, and with no view to speak of (that didn't matter either as we were out all day doing the tourist thing) it served our purposes well. The attempt to modernise it has not quite succeeded; whoever redesigned it or created the decor misfired slightly. Lovely state-of-the art bathroom fittings were poorly placed, with very little attention to practicality, so that there was virtually no place to put our stuff (although there was the room) and you couldn't help but splash water over the place! This is just not going to stand up to constant use! The decor was modern and pleasant, but the greyish wood laminate flooring wasn't able to match with anything else in the room! That said, it still had some ambiance and was certainly clean and comfortable. We did feel that in its present state of redecoration it was overpriced, especially compared to other hotels we had stayed in in the area (although they weren't right in the middle of town!)

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happyoldtravellers
Reviewed November 22, 2008

We stayed for two nights at the Victoria. The hotel has been renovated, the rooms are really clean but small. The value for money however is great. You certainly get more then you pay for. No complaints. The location is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SydneySally
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Stayed here with my 10yo son on holiday in Toronto. I thought it superb value for the money - comfortable, friendly, great location.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank apb0229
Reviewed October 10, 2008

The Hotel Victoria was very close to the downtown attractions. The check-in clerk was very rude and had a very bad attitude. The lobby was small and was in need of face lift. It was very dark and dingy. The rooms, although very clean and decorated very well, were extremely small, as was the bathroom. I felt like I had booked a closet to sleep in. We checked out extremely early because the room had no place to sit other than on the bed. I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family