“Great stop over and great location”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #39 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel was in the perfect location for a stop over in Toronto. I only had 24 hours in Toronto after many hours travelling and I needed somewhere that was clean and comfortable with easy access to the city. The Victoria hotel was the perfect place. The staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. My room was off the street and very quiet. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any visitors to Toronto.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kristy H
Erskin L, Front Office Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Kristy H,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. Although you did not have much time in our great city of Toronto I am pleased to hear that our hotel met your accommodation needs and your stay was a pleasant one. I do hope that on your future trip to Toronto you will have more time to enjoy the city. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel although conveniently placed was noisy, unfriendly staff and refused to give me the 10% credit they advertise on their website if you are attending a show or a concert. Avoid rooms close to the street (front of hotel) and using Expedia, when we asked to switch rooms they refused. My guess is that they treat you as a second class citizen if you do not book directly....in fact the desk person basically told us that in not so many words.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at front of hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn C
Erskin L, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Hello Glenn C,

I thank you for taking the time to write a review. After reading your review I was disappointed to say the least. As far as the 10% discount for showing your tickets we do offer this discount to direct bookings to the hotel as bookings through Expedia already have a discounted rate. I would always recommend booking directly in order to take advantage of the better rates plus the show your tickets and other valuable savings. At the Victoria we treat all of our guest with the utmost respect no matter how they made their reservation and could only assume that the reason we could not move you to another room is that we were sold out on that evening. I do apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our usual high level of customer service.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel to attend a concert ( The Deftones). This hotel is charming, and right in a central location for the business district of Toronto. Our room was small, with a queen bed, ipod docking station, and the typical hotel toiletries A nice thing was Apple TV, which I believe only comes in specific rooms. The bathroom was nice and clean, and it appeared to be newly remolded. My only complaint, is there's no parking on the premise. You must park all the way at the community parking lot which is about 3 blocks away. ( We're both physically fit, but walking in inclimate weather, can be a challenge). Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to others, and I would visit again If I'm in the area. Also, search for the hotel specials online!!!

Room Tip: Get the business Queen, totally worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank alana890
Erskin L, Front Office Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear alana890,
I am very pleased to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us. I would have to agree with you our hotel is very centrally located, which is very convenient for guests attending concerts, shows and tourist attractions. Yes, our rooms have been recently remodeled keeping with the historic charm. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Good little hotel. Located right in the heart of the financial district downtown. It is just a few steps away from the subway and streetcars. The entertainment district and the Eaton Center are within reasonable walking distance.
We found our room to be clean and comfortable.
Overall, the hotel had some charm, but I agree with another reviewer who is hesitant to describe it as a boutique hotel.
The hotel is very reasonably priced for the area. Do not expect much in the way of amenities though. Also, parking is a challenge.
We would stay here again.

2  Thank Buck K
Erskin L, Front Office Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Buck K.
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, we appreciate all guest feedback. You are correct we are located quite centrally in the heart of downtown Toronto close to major tourist attractions, shops, restaurants, and transit. I will pass on your kind words to our housekeeping department. I am sorry to hear that your found that the parking a challenge. Although, we do not have parking facilities we do always try to provide the best parking options in the area. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I hate to plan a trip based on other peoples experience, but in this case, I should have. Advertised as a "boutique" hotel, it is anything but. Although great in location, other hotels offer the same closeness to the downtown core. The room is small, however, that is not a concern. What is, is the complete lack of cleanliness. Upon our arrival, I had to wash the bathroom floor due to "stains" around the tub and toilet. To my disgust, the wash cloth was black from a cold water wash with no soap. When I brought the cloth to the front desk, the gentleman there, who was not unfriendly, promised us a clean room for our second night - not much constellation for our first anniversary celebration weekend. There were holes in the sheets, caulking falling off the tub, wallpaper peeling and we could hardly see out the windows due to the filth on the outside. Street noise, although significant was not a bother to us, but the light coming through the cheap blinds was. A light blocker shade would not only block most of the light (which is a problem bc the lights never go off in downtown toronto) but also 50% of the sound. What was supposed to be a romantic weekend away at a quaint boutique hotel, left us with disappointment. We will never come back (I write this as I sit in the room, trying not to touch anything).

Room Tip: Another hotel would be recommended.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Erskin L, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Hello Lisa C.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we seriously take into consideration opinions that our guest express in their reviews.I was disappointed after reading your review and will definitely review our procedures with our staff to ensure that all possible steps were taken to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible. I invite you contact me directly to discuss the situation, I would also love to invite back to experience our usually high level of customer service.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hotel Victoria last weekend for our anniversary. We had booked a standard queen room online a few days before and mentioned that we were visiting for our anniversary. We drove up from New York and arrived at about 8pm. Upon checking in, we were upgraded to a beautiful king room on the 5th floor (next to the elevator but we heard no noise) on the King Street side of the building. The room was very clean and had nice hardwood floors, a fridge, an iHome and flat screen tv with netflix, and the bathroom had plenty of space and great water pressure in the shower! We were extremely pleased with this level of service. The front desk agent was also able to provide wine glasses for wine that we brought. In addition to our room upgrade, the front desk agent graciously presented us with two breakfast vouchers good for $12 each at the restaurant in the lobby, Over Easy. We used the breakfast vouchers the following morning and were able to order whatever we wanted and apply our credit. The food was delicious and fast and the wait staff were pleasant. This hotel is in a great location as well - we walked to Eaton Centre (about 10-15 minutes walking), and the previous night we went out to clubs in the fashion district and were able to easily walk there too. Overall, we had a great stay and would definitely choose Hotel Victoria in the future - we felt that it was definitely a good value! One thing to note is that there is not parking on premises - we parked in a parking garage around the block and paid $16 for 24 hours.

1  Thank Adrienne M

Hi Adrienne M.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, it is always a pleasure to know that our guest had a great stay with us. I was also very pleased that you really enjoyed your upgraded room and complimentary breakfast for your anniversary,it was absolutely our pleasure to help you celebrate your special occasion. Thank you once again for staying with us and please feel free to contact us directly next time you require accommodations in our great city. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. Thank you.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Booked this hotel quite a while before our stay and then got put off by some of the comments on TA but I need not have worried. Rooms are not huge but certainly big enough for two in the twin bedded arrangement. Lovely, fresh black and white décor, one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in (subjective, I know), good shower and fast Wifi. The location is great for walking to some of the city sights and close to the subway and buses for those further afield. Plenty of eating places handy to the hotel.There is so much construction going on in Toronto that is disrupting traffic that is was really good to be so central. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elanora16
Erskin L, Front Office Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear elanora16,
Thank you for your kind review. We get a lot of positive guest compliments on the mattresses we use; some guests have even emailed us after check out to find out where they can purchase the same mattresses. We do have to agree with you we are located quite centrally located to many restaurants, tourist attractions, and shops. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to our great city of Toronto.