“Recommended”

InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
Ranked #13 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Not easy to find issues as the first good impression from quick and friendly check in lasts all the way to impressive common areas and a very nice room decorated with flair. The bed is impeccable, the bath room even one notch above what you expect for this category and price, the overall setting is quiet and relaxing. Close to University of Toronto and the Bata Shoe Museum, a good address.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank TomOpo
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear TomOpo,

Thank you for making us your hotel of choice during your recent trip to Toronto. You are spot-on about our great address in Yorkville, not only are we close to U of T and the Shoe Museum we are located steps from immaculate shopping, delectable restaurants and public transit. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers and we look forward to your next stay!

Simon Antoine

Write a ReviewReviews (1,544)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I spent two nights at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville while on a business trip. I loved my stay and while the room was incredible...it was the customer service that made the difference. Check-in was fast, efficient and very friendly. The hotel room was very, very quiet. I normally hear every sound in the hallway when I try to sleep but I never heard a peep! The bed was very comfortable, the room exceptionally spacious and clean, and the housekeeping service were superb. I really liked having a Keurig in the room with a selection of coffee, decaf and tea.
One of my highlights was the Skye Lounge. I was traveling solo and normally keep to myself but I ventured into the lounge because it has a really nice vibe. I sat at the bar and the bar tender was soooo much fun. I gave him no limits on trying new drink ideas on me...and wow did he know how to make incredible maritinis! If I didn't like something...he knew how to fix it in a flash! All of the staff would come by when they were not busy and joke or just chat. It was really relaxing and fun.
It honestly felt like I was staying over with extended family...which is not a compliment that I give lightly. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear MCrammond,

I could not be more thrilled that it was the customer service at the hotel that made the difference during your recent stay at the hotel. As a hotelier it is always a pleasure to read that the hotel team has met and exceed our guests expectations, as Guest Satisfaction is our top priority. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with us and the readers of TripAdvisor. I will ensure that all of your kind words reach the team. We eagerly await your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

From the moment I reserved a room for my visiting grandmother, I knew that it was the right choice. I arrived at the hotel early the day of arrival to make sure all the arrangements were perfect. Ahmed at the front desk surpassed any and all of my expectations. The room was clean and ready a bit early. Close to everything that we needed/wanted. Check out was also a breeze. My interaction with staff was fairly minimal, other than Ahmed, but all seemed pleasant and eager to make my grandma's visit easy and exceptional. Which it was. We didn't utilize many of the services of the hotel, so I can't talk to those features. Thank you so much Intercontinental for a lovely lovely weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear alyssium,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent experience at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville hotel. I am so glad that your weekend with your grandmother went off without a hitch and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. I hope that during your next stay with us that you will have the opportunity to take advantage of more of the hotel amenities such as the indoor lap pool and fitness center. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I booked 2 rooms at the Intercontinental Yorkville for a shopping weekend with my sister. Both rooms were spacious and very clean. While some reviewers say dated, I would say its classic. Bedding and mattress were very good and comfortable. Yes, the room wasn't modern, but it was nice.

Fantastic location to visit the ROM, shop, and eat at some fantastic restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mchemgrl

Dear mchemgrl,

I hope your sibling shopping weekend in Yorkville was a success. There are so many beautiful shops I trust you were able to find a few items to pick up along the way. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the comfort and décor of your guest room as well as our convenient location. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next shopping venture.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This hotel has it all. Well appointed rooms, excellent service and prime location. It is right across from the ROM ,close to the University, hospitals ,galleries, restaurants and shopping, especially Whole Foods.
The staff are so down to earth, extremely helpful and the young woman who is the concierge went out of her way to be of assistance.
It is certainly my choice when in Toronto.

Room Tip: Tell them what you want and they will do their best. Rooms overlooking the courtyard are very quiet...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear NannieE,

Thank you for making the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville your hotel of choice when visit Toronto. Guest satisfaction is our top priority at the hotel, to know that you experienced exceptional service, enjoyed the location and accommodations is a true pleasure.

We eagerly await your return upon your next trip to Toronto.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights for some business meetings. The service here was exceptional. They went out of there way to great you, make sure you knew where everything was, and we're just really friendly. The staff checked on us to see if the room temperature was okay, if we needed anything else and they even prepared some lunch for us to take while we were leaving. This was not asked of them they just did it on their own.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Kevin V,

It was a pleasure to read your review of your recent 3 night stay at the hotel for business meetings. I am thrilled that the hotel team was able to provide you with “at your side" service and ensure that your stay with us was most memorable. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is truly appreciated and I will ensure your accolades reach the team.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I enjoy this hotel, in fact this hotel was a regular stop for me on nights where I would be flying out of Toronto. I know it is not an airport hotel but the airport is easily accessible from any central hotel.

This is a more intimate hotel, it has a boutique feel to it and is well decorated with both modern and classical touches. The staff as always in Intercon hotels are excellent but fall behind her sister hotel further into the city.

I found the food at the hotel to be mediocre. The menu is many ways ambitious but what was delivered was often sub par, seemed like something a young cook would create, bursting with ideas and excitement but lacking the skills to effectively achieve it.

The rooms are delightful, more effort could be made of the mini bar but the decor of the rooms are stylish meets comfortable. I loved the rooms here and the bathrooms were also great with separate showers and with more personal space, something which is lacking at the sister hotel.

All in all, another solid IHG property and another that I would undoubtedly rate highly. I would choose this hotel for leisure travel given the great location to the shops, it is also not far from the business district but for the business traveller I would suggest the Intercon Center,

Room Tip: Front facing room. Higher up affords better views. All rooms are well insulated from noise outdoors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Josh839,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of the hotel online and for making the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville your hotel of choice when flying out of Toronto. I was happy to read that you would rate the hotel highly and choose the hotel for future leisure travel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the hopefully near future.