“Just OK”

InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
Ranked #14 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed here right before Toronto film festival. Everything was OK. Some of the staffs were not kownledgeble about what they doing. I bought some kinds of coupons when I book the hotel but one of the staff said we didn't have it for you, but at the end they credited me back the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Pasakorn R,

Thank you for your review. It is good to know that after some initial issues you experienced with the coupons, you were able to get a refund. However, i apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced caused by the staff service. I have taken note of your valuable comments as this will allow us to improve on our efforts. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back our way.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Write a ReviewReviews (1,560)

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I wanted a placed that was very close to University of Toronto and picked here...charming classy look to the hotel,,,very good hotel to stay at...room was a nice size, bathrooms a good size with separate and tub, bed was very comfortable and pillows were great.

I like to work out while travelling and the work out area was very goof...treadmills, ellipticals, free weight, machines, etc.... very good workout area

Al in all, a Keeper!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed last weekend here. Room was nice and clean ,price for a downtown Hotel acceptable, staff was nice and helpful, however I expect the little more service and extra from an intercontinental. The Holiday inn downtown Hotel is similar but better priced.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Excellent location, close to shopping, the ROM and great restaurants. Our room was a deluxe King(611). Large room included a couch and chair, desk and plenty of room. Comfortable bed and deluxe linens. The bathroom was large with a tub and separate shower. The staff was friendly and helpful. This property was good value for the cost. This will be my new Toronto go to hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Upon arrival to the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville we were already impressed. However, when arriving to our first room that we were assigned, it has an odor that nobody would be able to deal with. We called to the front desk who said that a manager would contact us back. Within about five minutes the manager called us and said that she would be bringing our new keys up for another room. She offered and offered to help us with our bags and we refused (my two bags were heavy). That room should have been checked by the housekeeping supervisor before being offered to a guest.

The concierge was less to be desired. I asked about a sushi place for lunch, they were closed. I ask about airport transportation, was told $70 for a driver to come pick us up. I found online $49, nice SUV, super awesome driver, and even early. He was great. I guess google will be my concierge from now own. However, staff was extremely friendly and professional. At first we were concerned over the smelly room, but being moved to a different one made up for it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times the past 2 years as well as it's sister hotel intercontinental on Front street also in Toronto. Although this property is higher priced I find I get more consistent, better service at their other location. I am a platinum member due to my frequent stays. I am consistently upgraded at their other property and they remember to provide the complimenatry 'welcome' fruit and beverages and note from management thanking me for my return patronage. This location in Yorkville, on the other hand, has never provided me with an upgrade and more often than not even forgets to provide the complimentary fruits and beverages. I used to call down to guest services and complain but my last stay when they forgot yet again I didn't bother. Instead, I am traveling to Toronto again and have made reservations at the other location. Too bad because the rooms are nice and the location is good. If you decide to stay here I do recommend asking for a higher floor if you are a light sleeper, on the lower floors you can hear the muffled sounds of the subway running under the hotel.

If they could get their service together this property would rank higher, but for me after cleanliness efficient customer service is next most important in a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gallou
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear gallou,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your very constructive and helpful review. While I was glad to read that you enjoy our property and its amenities, It was extremely disappointing to learn that you do not find our service consistent; it is something we take great pride in and one of our main points of strength that keeps guests coming back to visit! I am so sorry you did not experience this usual standard of customer service.

I would love to further investigate your concern, if you would be inclined to assist and provide further details of your stay and experience to toronto@ihg.com.

Thank you once again for providing your feedback; it is through comments such as yours that we can improve on our shortcomings and maintain our strengths.

Simon Antoine

Reviewed December 2, 2013

After Thanksgiving at home, my husband, adult daughter and I drove to Toronto for an overnight stay. We wanted to be in Yorkville to be close to shopping, restaurants and ROM. The InterContinental is a 4/5 star hotel in Yorkville with reasonable prices. Rooms were beautiful, well appointed and large. Valet parking was convenient.

The best part of the stay was the helpful staff at the front desk who went above and beyond to help us resolve a reservation dilemma.
When I booked the room - or thought I booked the room several weeks ago - I called the front desk at the hotel. But when I said reservations I was immediately transferred to the national reservation desk which also services Holiday Inn hotels as they are owned by the same parent company.

The person I spoke to had no knowledge of Toronto neighborhoods or properties and I had to repeat that I wanted the Yorkville location. I got two confirmation numbers - one for each room.

The night before the trip I noticed I had no email confirmation but lazily figured I had the confirmation numbers so not a problem Got to the hotel and realized I left the paper at home (really my husband did but I will graciously accept the blame!!)

The front desk clerk diligently searched for our reservation but found nothing. Fortunately rooms were available but at a higher price than I had been quoted. Nonetheless we were eager to start our holiday so we took the rooms which as I said were large and comfortable king rooms with bathrooms that even had separate stall showers and tubs which I love.

I went back to the front desk and spoke to the manager who again tried looking for our reservation through the Holiday Inn system. At this point he wisely pointed out that we did not want to incur any costs for an unused reservation. He found nothing so we figured it had been lost since I had no email confirmation.

The next morning we found a note under our door from the front desk manager. It was NOT the bill!!
He had continued searching and researching on our behalf and in fact found our reservation which had mistakenly been made by the national desk at the Holiday Inn a block away on Bloor Street hence the lower cost of the rooms. He made sure we would not be charged for those rooms.

This was really above and beyond and we are truly grateful for this staff who are diligent and customer focused.

I can promise - we will stay at this hotel whenever we return to Toronto. They more than deserve our loyalty.
Thanks!!