InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
Ranked #15 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
London
“OK”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have always been pleased with previous Intercontinental hotel stays, but left feeling a little disappointed with this one. The area was nice to walk around, there's a park opposite and lovely old university buildings, a very good coffee shop/restaurant 5 minutes walk away and a small supermarket. The subway station is 5-10mins walk. The hotel room was a good size, although somewhat dark (needed light on even on bright days). But almost every night there was loud music from the bar which spoiled the stay. Breakfast was OK, service was good. The Concierge and doormen were helpful. The hotel just didn't quite live up to expectations for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
new york
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The hotel is as described by other reviewers. On checkout, I noticed a small billing error - they had charged me for a Canadian instead of a healthy breakfast. Instead of taking my word for it, they held up my checkout for 15 minutes while they conducted a forensic accounting investigation.

• Stayed November 2012
Scotland
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Located in a very central location, I returned to stay at this hotel with my husband.
I was very happy with my previous visit earlier this year, when I enjoyed a large and well appointed room with a sofa and arm chair, bath robes, ironing board, and very nice lemon verbena toiletries. I was not disappointed with this visit, finding the staff as ever really helpful booking restaurants, taxis etc., Our bathroom was spacious with a separate bath and shower and plenty of new towels and we were extremely comfortable with our good quality bedding. My husband particularly liked the fact the hotel was convenient for museums and shops and the fact there is a smoking area on the roof. I understand that the hotel now has reinstated its Brunch on a Sunday, but if this hotel has a weakness, we think the food is slightly disappointing. We were only given two tiny pieces of butter at breakfast, and has to wait for our coffee cups to be filled up.
Overall this is a well run hotel with excellent staff and we hope to stay there again. We would like to see a few more chairs in the loggia though, as there were not always enough places to sit when waiting for taxis or to meet friends and family. As we are both not so young any more we would like to see a magnifying mirror in the bathroom too!

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear overlooking the courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend visit to Toronto and thought very highly about the experience...of course, with a few minor exceptions.

On the plus side, the hotel is perfectly situated in Toronto, all employees were incredibly pleasant and helpful, and the room was beautiful. The hotel does lose a few points on some minor issues, namely daily charge for wifi in the room (although the daily rate goes down as more days of use are purchased and works for up to 3 devices), some difficulty in maintaining the room temperature at a consistent level (the rooms tend to be a little warm), and an excessive charge to order a movie (I would have ordered The Dark Knight Rises if not for the $17 cost). However, these are some minor quibbles and aren't enough to keep me from recommending this hotel. All in all, this is a great choice if you will be visiting Toronto.

Room Tip: Keep an eye out for events that might close down Bloor Street. I happened to be in Toronto during th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel was centrally located downtown, across from the Royal Ontario Museum... perfect for our meetings in Toronto. The room was very comfortable and quiet and every single service person I encountered was friendly, helpful and responsive to our every need.

The big surprise was the high quality of the restaurant. The prices are typical of a luxury hotel but the service and food quality was superb. They even had gluten free bread to comply with special diets.

My only complaint is charging for wifi in the rooms. At the rates the hotel charges, I would like to see complimentary internet available in the guest rooms as well as the business centre.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Marshall, Michigan
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I would be happy to stay here every time I travel to Toronto. The facilities are up to date, the staff was ridiculously helpful, friendly, and obviously well trained in service.

My room was nice enough I would have been willing to hang out there all day.

So close to fabulous shopping along Bloor Street.

I would love to go back in the future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Peterborough, Ontario
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel November 17th, 2012. We couldn't have asked for better service. The staff were very friendly, our room was very spacious & quiet, loved the linens and duvet. First time experience for my son (special needs) and he really enjoyed the pool and restaurant. Thank you for making this family trip very successful. We will definetly be back!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Superior Suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family