“Beautiful Hotel But Watch Your Stuff”

InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
Ranked #13 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Lovely hotel with fabulous restaurants and room service...however.
We were evacuated from our room at 12am for chemicals leaking from our mini fridge
I was really ill from it and they moved us to a different room. We left part of my luggage behind to be moved to our new room by the housekeeping staff in the morning. My computer bag went missing and was never replaced.
I spoke to the manager/staff and the owner and they offered us nothing and accused me of losing it.
We had been there 3 weeks !
Not Impressed with how it was handled at all....never went back.

Room Tip: The ones that overlook the courtyard are really quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sashas27
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Sashas27,

Thank you for your review of your most recent stay with us at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville.

I was very concerned to read about your experience. Please rest assured we are investigating the matter further and will contact you in a private conversation should any leads develop as to where your computer bag is. I can, however, ensure you that our staff takes the utmost care and consideration when it comes to our guests and their belongings.

Simon Antoine

Write a ReviewReviews (1,577)

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Whenever we have appointments in Bloor Yonge area we stay at this location. Rooms are always bright and cheery, staff is so friendly. Close to Yorkville, Royal Ontario Museum, easy access to parking lot.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I took my wife to Toronto in April for her birthday. (you know, dinner, drinks, nice hotel, etc..) The hotel is very centrally located so that was nice but the price !! I had used some points I accrued on a credit card so I thought I was getting the room "for free". It would have cost me $250 if I didn't use the points and much to my dismay when I got my credit card bill I was billed $75 for an exchange rate !!! At the time the Canadian dollar was practically on par !! What bank were they using ???

Anyway... The rooms were spacious and comfy, especially the bed and pillows. We slept nicely. Rooms were clean. We had to pay THEM to stay at THEIR hotel so that was a bummer too. Also, we went to the bar for a nightcap. Bartender was rude. We each had a vodka martini and then a vodka soda. I think the tab for those four drinks was almost $70 !!!

Next time I'll stay somewhere MUCH less expensive and save myself a couple hundred dollars between parking, booze and the cost of the room.

Live and learn.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
simonantoine, General Manager at InterContinental Toronto Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear HipD3,

Thank you for submitting your review and for choosing the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville to celebrate your wife's birthday!

It was a pleasure reading your positive comments about the location and the design of our guestrooms. I was sorry, however, to read your experience was not absolutely perfect due to the bar experience. I can assure you that our prices only are set to compete with the rest of the Yorkville neighbourhood.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very comfy beds & pillows
Very quiet rooms
Location great to get about, close to the park Hyatt which has a great rooftop bar
Try out the Toronto bikes to get about, great fun!
Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear monkeybay,

Thank you very much for posting your review following your most recent stay at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville!

It was such a pleasure to read your compliments for the service you received from our staff and that you enjoyed your guestroom.

I also noted your comments regarding Signatures Restaurant and Proof Bar, and will discuss them wtih our department heads.

Thanks again for sharing your review!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Booked this hotel on points during the height of TIFF. Rooms are spacious and updated with solid brown walls and nice bold curtain prints... but the hallways are a little Overlook Hotel-ish. Beds and pillows are comfortable and there is ample room in the bathroom which feature a shower stall and a soaker tub. The plumbing was a little sluggish and there was no fridge in the room. There is a well-stocked gym and a warm shallow lap pool on the top floor. Friendly and amenable counter and lobby staff. For your morning fix, there is a Starbucks right around the corner... and for your morning hangover, there's a Shoppers Drug Mart just to the right as you step out of the hotel. One quirky thing I got a kick out of: each room has a doorbell for room service.

Two things I didn't care for:
1) the restaurant is uninspired and expensive (but there are better places a short distance away)
2) The bar, Proof, was extremely loud the night I went there and had terrible service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My friends and I were in Toronto for the International Film Festival and loved the hotel. It's location in Yorkville provides the visitor with numerous optipns for dining and the shopping is great. There is an indoor pool and lovely outdoor patio adjacent on the top floor. There is a beautiful patio area off the restaurant on the main level. The staff were very courteous and helpful. Parking situation is not ideal, but minor problem. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a business meeting. The room I had was nicely decorated, and clean. It was very quiet despite facing the main road. The service was very efficient. Nice swimming pool on the top floor. Good size meeting rooms with natural lighting.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business