“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Sudbury, Canada
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have stayed here many times. This is the best hotel in Toronto. The service is good through out - be it the restaurant, reception, door man, gym or pool. The décor is excellent and the location is good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 615Joseph
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your continued support and are so pleased to hear that you enjoy visiting our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back time and time again!

Best,
Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Staff is absolutely fantastic, the decor of the hotel was amazing. Location was awesome! Had an amazing time here. The service was quick and helpful. ideal employees. never lifted a finger for anything when they were around.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lemikengu
Thank you so much for your review and positive feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all of the aspects of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

LaSalle, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

In the heart of this wonderful City this four star Hotel delivers....Rooms are spacious and very well appointed, beds you don't want to leave, very gracious staff, anything you want they will arrange,making the whole experience relaxing, comfortable and unforgettable. Hotel itself has amazing architecture, soaring ceilings ,slightly oriental.... tulips, forsythia , plants and fresh flowers grace tables, lobby and all public areas. Will definitely stay again. Thank you Four Seasons, for making my "special" birthday so special.Oh, and the Spa is well worth a visit, had an amazing facial.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EuropeLaSalle_Canada
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
I am so glad to hear that we made your birthday extra special. We truly appreciate all of your feedback and are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back for your second visit!

Best,
Kellipalmbeach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Great location, excellent staff. One night they had a french chef prepare the most unbelievable food paired with wine in the lounge. It was out of this world. The morning we were to catch an early flight, I slept through my wake up call. Two nicely dressed men in suits came to knock on my door to make sure we were awake...now that is service! Beautiful view as well. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kellipalmbeach
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dinner and wine pairings in dbar. Our Sommelier's are truly the best at what they do! It's also great to hear that we were able to assist with making your flight on time. I will pass along your kind words to the rest of the team as they will very much appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Beautiful hotel, the fabulous entrance with the most amazing flowers ever seen in a hotels entrance. Wonderful staff. You should stay here over any other hotel in Toronto and we did look at others you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Charlotte003
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and our beautiful flowers by Teatro Verde, I will pass along your kind words to them. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Evian-les-Bains, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on a recent business trip and was quite frankly very disappointed.
I must have fallen on a bad staff day on arrival as no-one was to greet me when I turned up in my car. I unloaded my baggage myself and pushed through the 2 doors of the entrance with not one member of staff present. When I arrived at the reception I had passed 3 staff members in the public areas and not one offered to help me. Once at checkin the receptionist never asked if I needed help with my bags and pointed in the direction of the elevators. Usually in a five star hotel it is the norm to show guests to their bedrooms, take their baggage and generally provide a service. There was no service at this hotel on arrival and this is Four Seasons...
Later that evening I received a call from guest relations apologising and comping my valet parking. OK, I thought, nice gesture, so the checkin and arrival must have been a mistake. Well I was mistaken. I ordered room service and waited 1 hour (yes 1 hour and not the 40 mins they promised). At check out again nobody asked if I wanted help with my bags, the male receptionist did not ask how my stay was (again I figured mandatory in a five star hotel) and I then decided to have breakfast before leaving. I went to the breakfast room and there was nobody to seat me. I waited by the entrance, nobody came to see me, so I sat down at a dirty table (there were no clean ones) and was eventually asked if I wanted breakfast. Breakfast arrived promptly enough but surely for a 45 dollar breakfast the service on arrival should be better?
The catalogue of bad service experiences leads me to believe that either the hotel is badly managed or I had a serious bout of "bad luck".
The only positives I could draw from my stay was that the bed was comfortable, the bathroom big (but bland for my taste) and for my needs was well situated.
However the service leaves a lot to be desired and for this reason I do not recommend this hotel nor will I return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank manil0u
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to learn that you had a less than satisfactory service experience with us. I assure you that this is not representative of the level of service we are known for, of which I truly apologise. Your comments have been communicated to the concerned departments to ensure we do not repeat such occurrences and we hope to welcome you back for a chance to create a more positive, memorable stay.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

My experience at the Four Seasons was fantastic – the venue was beautiful and the guestrooms were absolutely amazing (I need one of the those beds) but the staff is really where your hotel shone. I was planning an event in the ballroom and I had a wonderful experience. The banquet staff was fantastic to work with and set the bar very high for all of the hotels that followed in my cross country road show. They were constantly checking on my needs, making changes with amazing speed and always proactive. The banquet captain really managed the staff with superb ability and was one of the reasons our event was a success.

I was lucky enough to enjoy a visit to the spa and it to was fantastic. The staff were welcoming and the facilities were great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kimmyj3612
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will pass them along to our banquet team as they will very much appreciate it. Congratulations on your event. We look forward to planning many more with you!