“This is not a hotel, this is an "experience"”

Ranked #2 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was a trip by myself just to get away and be pampered and also attend an appointment, and wow, did I pick the right place! The new Four Seasons is located right in the heart of Yorkville, one of my favourite spots in Toronto. In a word-WOW.First, I had arranged through the hotel for pick-up from the airport. On time, and waiting for me, carried my bags to the town car-and happy to see that the driver is a true Torontonian driver and waits for no-one!

From the moment I walked in, it was very modern, serene and yet cozy at the same time. Excellent service at the desk-check in was quick, and right away they gave me a complimentary room upgrade so I was on the 19th floor. They even walked me to the elevator to show me how to use the pass card. As soon as I stepped off the elevator onto the 19th floor, I started to feel relaxed. Calm, quiet, beautifully decorated. I entered my room and was in awe. They did an amazing job at the new hotel. Again-very modern, but comfortable and relaxed at the same time. Gorgeous view of the city through the floor-to-ceiling windows spanning the end of the room. Modern desk complete with an iPad for use, although I already had my own. Curved sofa to relax on, and a bed that looked so comfortable it was all I could do not to go to sleep right then. And the bathroom-gorgeous stone tub, enormous vanity, glass enclosed shower with multiple showerheads, and separate enclosed toilet. And then I discovered the TV, located in the bathroom mirror.....awesome. I totally admit to watching TV from the depths of that gorgeous tub the next morning!

The Spa-One word: SUBLIME. I've been to many spas and had all sorts of treatments, and this is by far the best one I have ever been to. The lovely spa staff were beyond friendly and welcoming every day (yes, I was there every day). I had multiple treatments, including the Ruby Red Grapefruit body scrub, the Asian Fusion massage, regular massage, deluxe manicure and pedicure, and the most amazing facial I have ever experienced.

Which brings me to "Julia-Magic-Hands". Julia is hands-down, flat-out the most amazing aesthetician I have ever had. I had the Anti-Aging facial (coming up on 40, I wanted to get a head-start!), and it was incredible. Not only was my skin glowing afterwards, but there was a face massage during the facial, during which I fell asleep, it was that relaxing! Incidentally, the grapefruit body scrub was also done by Julia-Magic-hands. She was also a lovely, friendly, relaxing person.

This can be said for all the staff at the Four Seasons spa, as well as the environment, right form the front desk to amenities (gorgeous pool and hot tub!), to the therapists and that amazing relaxation room with the curved beds where you wait for them to get you for your treatment. Coffee, tea, water and assorted little delicacies were waiting (amazing little mini chocolate biscotti!) made in-house while you wait. The spa robes had various sizes, which was nice after all the "one-size-fits-all" places, and I wish I had gotten one to take home! The facilities were spotless, so kudos to the spa cleaning staff for making it the total spa experience!

I loved this spa so much that I actually added on a second massage on my last night there just so I could go back. No one could possibly be disappointed in anything with spa-it is the best of the best. The staff is what makes it the best-friendly, welcoming, no stuffiness or attitude from a single person. A shout out to Bikees, Lucia, Claire, Jeff, Todd, and of course, Julia-Magic-Hands-you made my trip completely amazing and the most relaxed I've probably been in 10 years-not an easy feat, for sure!

The Food-Superb. Room service I used primarily for dinner the night I got there, and breakfast almost every day. Everything I ordered was excellent.

Drinks at dbar-my only disappointment. I was seeing family, and so myself, my brother andhis girlfriend stopped into dbar after eating at The Keg Mansion. There was no one at the hostess podium when we walked in, so we just assumed we seated ourselves, so we did. Not only were we ignored for almost 10 minutes, but I also caught a couple of the serving staff (females) g;lancing at us and then walking away. I finally flagged down someone who looked to be a manager and asked if anyone was serving that section. He kindly took our drink order himself and served it. I believe he pointed out to the young ladies serving that we were there and to make sure we got regular service, because after that someone came by regularly.

Cafe Boulud-Incredible food! I ate there the day I was leaving and had the Beet
Salad with burrata cheese, toasted pine nuts, black olives, red wine vinaigrette for an appetizer, the Grilled Sea Bass with coco bean and cucumber salad, sheep’s yoghurt, coriander & cumin for my main, and treated myself to the Grapefruit Givré with sesame halva, rose loukoum and grapefruit sorbe for dessert (this dessert was a carnival for my tastebuds!). The entire meal, as well as the service, was a perfect ending to a perfect long weekend.

If you are looking for luxury, comfort, great food, and fantastic and friendly service, the Four Seasons Toronto cannot be beat. This is my experience of choice from now on (and while you are there, run across the street to Pusateri's and indulge yourself in the Chocolate Fudge latte at their cappucino bar!).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Alyssa B
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your amazing review! I can't tell you how pleased we are with the positive experience you had during your stay. I will pass along all of your comments to our staff as they will appreciate your kindness. We look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing experience in the future!

All the best,
Four Seasons Hotel Toronto

Write a ReviewReviews (2,563)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Enjoyed afternoon at the spa and our overnight stay. Staff were attentive and friendly. The room is well furnished and very comfortable. A nice way to begin 2014! We will definitely return to the spa and hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisS7362

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and spa experience with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The Four Seasons in Yorkville is a gorgeous hotel in the nice Yorkville neighbourhood. It is central to everything either by foot or transit. The beds are super comfortable and the service is top notch. The restaurant and bar is fabulous as well. I would highly recommend staying there if you are staying in Toronto. We truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriella S

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us in the heart of Yorkville. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Visiting the spa for a lovely mani-pedi was lovely transition between a busy Christmas and upcoming New Year. After the cold --- it was a lovely treat to visit with my sister! Consider it your gift next year -- C.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cynthia435

I am so glad to hear that you and your sister were able to enjoy some time together in our spa. It's the perfect space for reconnecting. We look forward to next years holidays and welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Excellent hotel with comfortable beds, quiet rooms, a great restaurant and friendly, helpful staff. Awesome workout room as well. Plus a great location in a very nice part of town. Highly recommend this spot if you are in Toronto. What you expect from the Four Seasons, a 5 star experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie L

Thank you for your excellent review. We appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Four Season in Toronto is not a typical four season since this one is a more modern and trendy but having said that, the quality of the service, room comfort, location and ambiance is overwhelming like any four season hotel. Bloor street which is the main shopping district is only five minutes on foot. The personnel is very friendly. The bathrooms are spacey but it could have two sinks instead of one.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AresK_12

Many thanks for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our new hotel, and found our quality of service to live up to the Four Seasons standard. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting our son for XMAS and were very happy. Service by all met Four Seasons standards and our room was spacious with many nice touches. Santa even dropped off a few treats. We are looking forward to spending more time exploring all the facilities on our next trip.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank devildad12

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the holidays! We look forward to welcoming you back and exploring everything we have to offer!