Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
2,608 results
All reviewscafe bouludd bararomatherapy massagesteam roomspa servicesroom servicebathroom mirrorbeautiful hotelguest roomsluxury hotelyorkvillefsflagshipconciergerelaxationgymvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My company's national sales event was held here in January and I was highly involved in the planning of the meeting. The guest suites, business, banquet and conference facilities, food, staff, comfort...absolutely everything was perfect. I would stay here again for pleasure...and I only live down the road!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank EColl13
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your terrific review! I'm so pleased to hear that your event, from the planning process to the event itself, was perfect! I will certainly share your note with our Sales and Catering teams. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Although open just since the Fall, I stayed there for my second time this past week. If I could give it four and a half stars I would. The rooms are wonderful, spacious and comfortable and the downstairs bar area and the food in it are great. Great fitness area with state of the art equipment and plenty of it. The other hand is that both times breakfast was a little disappointing at cafe bouloud. Great service and good food, but at these prices, you'd expect a little better. I also just don't like all of the metal grilles that are architectural elements. Gives a real claustrophobic feeling in the lobby area. Like you're in a prison. Want to make a special point of saying that every hotel employee I dealt with is truly excellent, patient and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Tuscany7a

Thank you very much for your review. I appreciate your feedback, and I have shared your note with our team. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons, and especially to try breakfast in Cafe Boulud again. I am confident that our team will ensure you have a fantastic experience.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Most people don't think of Toronto as the home base for the Four Seasons Chain and I guess by now it is not since it was sold years ago but this is where the Chain started. Years after the old Four Seasons should have been tore down it finally was and a proud new hotel was opened just a few blocks to the East of the old property.

The hotel is what you would expect from a Four Season Hotel - grand, expansive and expensive, lots of marble, well trained employees and top notch service most visits.

The spa is one of the best in town, actually it might be THE best in town.

The gym is top notch and unlike many hotel gyms it actually has great view and full set of weights (the Four Seasons is known as the hotel of choice for professional teams when they are in town, maybe that is the reason? or could it be the Four Season apartments next door that make the investment worth while).

The rooms are crisp, using top notch materials and furniture BUT they missed some things here: Televisions are surprisingly too small for the rooms, 55" LCDs would have made sense but a sub 40" LCD is what you get, the bathrooms have one sink (at $500 and more a night, two sinks are expcted) and while the bathtub is goregous to look at it makes an awful noise when you empty or fill it up. I know, small details but the Four Seasons usually GETS the small details. Finaly complaint, the mini bar is one of the least imaginative I encountered in any five star hotel - the Four Seasons can do better.

The hotel's bar is GREAT if you can get a seat or a table (the place gets busy early and stays busy late with good looking ladies in their 30s and up and man who like good looking ladies in their 30s and up). The resturant leaves a lot to be desired, many servers who seem confused as to who should step forward and do the job (the place IS getting better with every visit, I am sure these are just growing pains and they will get it right - the food IS top notch).

Pool area is warm and inviting.

Room service retained some of the old employees from the old property and they do a lovely job (the bar and resturant feature all new young employees which again works at the bar and not so much at the resturant).

In conclusion, with the Shangrila, the Ritz and Trump all open now in Toronto the Four Seasons should correct some things - some design notes in the rooms (sinks, tv, mini bar) and a more attentive service in the resturant - and the place should reign as the top Toronto hotel for a long while.

Do we like it? we do, we've been back four times since it opened and we live in the city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PikarS

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoy staying at our new hotel so much that you have been back four times since we opened in October! Thank you very much for your business, as well as your very thorough and thoughtful review. To better help you plan your next stay with us, some of our guestrooms have washrooms with double vanities, and some guestrooms have washrooms with single vanities, featuring extra large counter-tops designed to conveniently display guest toiletries and personal items. I thank you for alerting us to the bathtub issue as well, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons soon. I hope that our new home will soon feel like yours.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The room is very nice, well equipped including an iPad, very spacious closets, a large mini-bar in a closet, a safe large enough for a laptop, a nice size desk with electrical and internet plugs in a neat desk side compartment. Wi-Fi everywhere.
We had an evening meal in Cafe Baulud, one meal was very good but the Saffron Linguini was a disappointment, the clams were rubbery and chewy. The halibut dinner was very moist and cooked to perfection.
The spa, pool and fitness centre on the 8th and 9th floors are beautiful. There was only 1 other person in the fitness center at 10AM on a Monday.There are lockers, and reading areas in the men's area. There are lounge seats around the pool, ( empty on a Monday AM). The fitness center has one area with stationary bikes and elliptical machines in front of large windows with a view over downtown Toronto. The other area is equipped with free weights and high quality exercise machines. It is very impressive!
There is access to a large balcony outside the pool if you want to get some outside air.

The room service breakfast was the best meal! It arrived in 15 minutes after we ordered it. Fresh fruit that really had flavour, the toast came in a hot oven under the table. The table was set with good linens, good china and cutlery. It was a great start to the day!
The bar was very quiet on a Sunday night, there is an extensive drinks menu and food is available as the bar is connected to the Cafe Baulud one floor above.
The check in service and the Concereige were all good experiences, there is Valet parking.

This is a very nice luxury hotel. However we felt that it lacked life, no atmosphere about the Cafe, bar or lobby. It was maybe a quiet weekend at the hotel but we were told the city was busy with a very large convention. We didn't see people around the lobby or pool, the Cafe was not busy. It was a beautiful facility but without feeling or a soul.
We have stayed at much lower priced hotels that had warmth and atmosphere and were memorable experiences.
I would recommend this hotel and the cafe to those who appreciate quality and are prepared to pay for it, the rooms start at $545 per night.( $615 with taxes). For the price I would choose other places that have life and feeling!
There is a business center equipped with 2 workstations with computers and printers, there is a also an ATM cash machine in this area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kolinKiev

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; it sounds like you especially enjoyed the fitness centre and your in-room dining breakfast! And the halibut in Cafe Boulud is also one of my personal favorites. I understand what you are saying about the hotel's ambiance, as it is designed to feel very tranquil and serene (an urban "oasis") for our guests, and I'm sure you caught dbar and Cafe Boulud during unusually quiet times, as they are typically buzzing throughout the day and well into the night. I'm also sure you'll be very pleased to learn that as soon as the weather is warm (expected mid-May) we'll have an outdoor terrace, with food and beverage service, sure to be a Yorkville summer hotspot. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

All the services were excellent including tue room service,housekeeping ,front desk,consierges,in general EVEYTHING and EVERYBODY !!!!!
The matress of the bed and pillows...wonderfull !!!!
Our stay was so good that I didnt want to come back home.
Also the Bar was very nice,service and in general all the staff from the hotel extremely kind and always trying to help that made our stay much better.... and also very polite and nicely dressed !!!!!
The details of Etro,towels and bathrobe,slippers in the bathroom of very good quality and what I loves and enjoyed very much was the TV in the mirror....unbelievable !!!! I even took pictures of that.
Could not be better!!!
Thank you!!!

Room Tip: I didnt go to the Spa or breakfast so no comments....
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank BGC181050

"Extraordinary" -- Thank you so much! I am thrilled to hear you had such an excellent stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.