“Everything I had hoped for...and more!”

Ranked #2 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the new Four Seasons Toronoto during a business trip, and I must say it provided everything I could have hoped for - a beautiful space during breaks from my meetings and a chic and ultra comfortable guestroom for a much needed perfect night's sleep at the end of a long day. The service I experienced was impeccable - warm and inviting valet and front desk reception. As I was going into my room, a gentleman on the floor even knew my name which took me by surprise in a wonderful way. Everyone I encountered was kind and helpful. I loved the bathrooms in the guestrooms! Rainfall head and body jets in the shower, fab bathtub and great boutique products. Spent an evening in dbar downstairs as well - great atmosphere and very unique cocktail menu. From check in to check out, it was every bit of the luxurious stay I had hoped for.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you very much for your excellent review of our hotel. It is wonderful to hear when a guest writes that Four Seasons Toronto is every bit the luxurious stay you could have hoped for. Our guests have been raving about the guestrooms and especially the extra large soaker tubs and rain-showers. I am delighted to hear that you experienced exceptional service during your stay with us, and that you enjoyed an evening in dbar as well. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons on your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am a HUGE fan of Four Seasons.

I love it.

I spent an afternoon at the new flagship Toronto location and this is my appraisal:

a) The look when driving up is too empty. Needs more thought. Fountain is nice but needs more.

b) Cash only Valet? Come on guys.

c) No WIFI? Come on guys.

d) When you walk in Yabu left a door in purple to the left as you walk in. Amateur night.

e) I like the overall interior design.

f) Service was good.

g) DBar menu needs to be opened up, it is too tight. Where is the club sandwich? Where is the Famous Stir Fry?

h) Boulads is awesome. Service, ambiance and food. But again the menu is too tight. I want to go there often, the current menu does not allow me to do that. Its too tight. I would only go there maybe once a month. Needs to be more continental.

Thanks guys I am sure you will fix the tweaks needed soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. Your feedback helpful as we open our new hotel and I have shared your comments with Cafe Boulud and dbar management. I am pleased to hear that you experienced good service and that you like the overall interior design of the space. The urban garden adjacent to the driveway and fountain is still under construction, and I'm sure that you will enjoy the finished product, a stunning courtyard designed by famed landscape architect Claude Cormier. I would be delighted to welcome you back to Four Seasons for a complete tour, and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My friend and I stopped by new four seasons toronto today and the only words we can use to describe it was an "architectural disaster". When we pulled up we saw the doormen "hanging around" in no particular order with really no identifiable clothing that caught our eye. When we walked into the lobby we were confused as to whether or not it was actually the lobby. It's like a "house of mirrors" except its made of wood columns. We had trouble finding the front desk as it was hidden behind all of these wood pillars. We instantly noticed cracked floor tiles in the lobby, dirty floors and a carpet in the center of the lobby that was already looking worn and dirty and its only 2 days old! The lobby feels clausterphobic with some "glittered tree branch" on the wall that looks like martha stewart made it on one of her tv shows segments. When we were leaving, doorway containing the second set of doors of the lobby is so narrow and poorly designed that the doormen have to use their opposite arm and wrap themselves around the outer wall so they can open it to let you through. The decor is going to date so rapidly that the hotel is going to look worn and outdated 10 years from now. When we were leaving we noticed the glass roof over the front doors that keeps the rain off your head when you get out of your car was already water spotted. A poor choice of material for a city. I'm wondering if this place was designed by the school of the blind. If you are just into "new" then you will like this place because its new. However, if you are a person of character who can see through the new and still looks for quality and attention to detail then I would recommend other hotels in the area. Four Seasons is no longer the only game in town. A true disappointment that looked rushed in its completion.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank darrellwhite
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Mr. White,

Thank you for your review. Your comments are helpful as we open our brand new hotel. Our hotel lobby is designed to have a warm, residential feel with intimate seating areas, walnut-paneled walls, and original Canadian works of art. We understand that our contemporary design may not appeal to some guests. I would be delighted to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Toronto for a complete tour, and show you our expansive sun-lit Spa with outdoor terrace, and our modern guestrooms, all of which feature floor-to-ceiling windows. I look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Toronto soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just stayed at the new Four Seasons Hotel - only the 2nd day it has been opened. Everything was just perfect. The service was exceptional when arriving. Our room was just beautiful (as was expected it being the Four Seasons and brand new). Our room had just about everything - TV build in the washroom mirror, phone in the washroom, rain shower, Ipad, large tub, beatiful mini bar, Etro bath products, etc. Very nice. Wish i was staying a 2nd night! Hope to return soon and would recommend!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike M
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your note. It's wonderful to hear when a guest writes that they hope to return soon! We have an incredible staff, and I am delighted to hear that you experienced exceptional service during your stay with us. We are very proud of our brand-new Four Seasons flagship hotel. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons on your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

It is such nice hotel that you should stay.Technical infrastructure is so strong that one could stay all night in the room with working space, HDMI, USB connectivity to the TV, mirror TV in bathroom and iPhone's clock. the best hotel location in Toronto, 2 min. walking distance to subway, or city center Bloor and Younge. Hotel room's scene is excellent especially up than 6.floor. If you are geek approaching person, you will absolutely like the hotel for sure, otherwise, you would have been regretful :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your comments and excellent review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Toronto soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Only a quick 2 night business trip. Hotel did everything they were supposed to do and more. I will certainly pick the Four Seasons again and again when I visit Toronto, my favorite North American city

Room Tip: Just tell the front desk what you are looking for, they will do everything they can to oblidge you
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank JimWPPA
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind note. It's wonderful to hear when a guest writes that they look forward to returning to Four Seasons on their next visit to our city. I'm sure you're aware that our brand-new hotel in Toronto will be opening on October 5, 2012. It is located just two blocks away from the previous location, steps from the great cafes, shopping, and museums. Our new hotel will feature sunlight-filled guestrooms with large bathrooms, a 30,000 square foot luxury urban spa, and Cafe Boulud and dbar by international restaurateur and Chef Daniel Boulud. I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Toronto soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Definitively not the best Four season in the world...compare to Georges V in Paris or other Four Season seasons. If you have an opportunity to stay in this luxury hotel for a business trip that fine...but if you wish to do a love trip with your wife or girlfriend, it's not the loveliest and more quiet hotel in Toronto. Too much expensive to spend one night in this kind of hotel compare to other...definitively not the best quality / price.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Emmanuel C
Dimitrios Z, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you for your note. I am sure that you will be very pleased to learn that we are opening a brand-new Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, located just two blocks from the previous location, and steps from great cafes, shopping, and museums; it is a perfect location for a romantic weekend getaway. We are currently accepting reservations for arrivals October 1, 2012 and beyond. Our new hotel will feature serene, sunlight-filled guestrooms with large bathrooms, a 30,000 square foot luxury urban spa, and Cafe Boulud and dbar by international restaurateur and Chef Daniel Boulud. I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Toronto soon.

Warmest Regards,