“Great escape from the city”
Review of Centre Island

and up
Toronto Inner Harbour and Island Cruise
Ranked #12 of 506 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Get away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Toronto: ride a bike or take a turn on your blades on any of the many trails located on the island.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great escape from the city”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Centre island is so close to so many but few head over. Its simply stunning. There are several beaches, fantastic picnic areas and beautiful scenery. To travel around the island I would recommend bringing or renting a bike.

Visited September 2012

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“family outting”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I swear i went here a while back when i was younger with my family i swear we road on the boats or something

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“This is Toronto's Central Park!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

What a great place! It was incredible clean and well kept. Its a great place to have a picnic too. The amusement Park is small but free to get into. You must buy tickets for the rides and games which I didn't find expensive. The views of Toronto are the best as well. Tickets for the boat ferry cost $3.50 for children over age 2 and $7 for adults. The ferry ticket includes your trip back to the city.

London, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit but.....”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a great place for kids although I thought there might be more. Maybe my expectations were a little much though. First off I must say that this place is geared more towards kids and doesn't have adult rides that I can think of. Most rides are there to amuse children not to terrify them. I'll get to the terrifying thing later.
To get to the island you have to take a ferry from the Toronto Dock area. It was very busy when we went and the parking was outrageous. Of course, it's so expensive due to the fact that it's near the Rogers Centre, the Air Canada Centre, the CN Tower and mutliple other attractions.
We lucked out the day we went because the ferry ride was complements of Target so we saved a few dollars. The ferry ride was fairly quick although we felt like cows being herded into a barn getting on and off it.
The island has a nice beach on the south side and seemed very well kept. There is alot of room for picnics or family get togethers and a few places to eat if you didn't bring any food with you.
The worst part of the trip was when my son declared that he had to go to the washroom. The only time I've ever seen a dirtier washroom was one time on an excursion into the Cuban outback that we had to stop at some store/shack. I'm not even kidding!!!!
Along with that, I also figured, since the island was geared towards kids they might have urinals that were lower for kids. Maybe they do that so the parents stand in the pee while they lift them up and not the kids. I guess it is geared for kids looking back now.
Anyways, enough about that.
The beach area has a nice spot blocked off for kids to run around in that doesn't get any shallower than 2 feet (estimate) so parents can relax while their kids swim and splash around in the water.
Overall it was a nice place to go but don't go expecting Canada's Wonderland like excitement. It's more like a park with a bunch of fair rides, games, places to eat and a beach.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Solesko
Toronto, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A must see if visiting Toronto”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Ferries ply back and forth all year. Well preserved area. It's been a long time since I'd visited but I live just across and see the islands every day -- maybe that's why I haven't gone across. Summer visits are very nice.