“beautiful!”

Ranked #21 of 515 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the mighty Great Lakes that offers outstanding tourism and recreation opportunities for every season.
Los Angeles, California
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“beautiful!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

its basically a huge play ground which gives toronto a spark. a beautiful backdrop from
the CN tower. it gives depth to pictures, amazing!

• Arabic first
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great Place to unwind”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

If you are visiting the Niagara Falls area this is a great place to unwind away from the crowds, take a break, and get a little nature in. It is located in the Niagara on the Lake area were there is great shopping and eating, similar to the Hamptons on Long Island but much more down to earth.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank travelpro78
Swift Current
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A must see”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

A beautiful place with an amazing boardwalk. We loved just sitting watching the amazing boats go by. Great experience.

Visited June 2014
Akron, Ohio
270 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 232 helpful votes
“natural beauty spot for this part of Canada's regional planning projects.”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have walked to the Harbor Front on many occasions most noticeably the events taking place around Canada Day in Toronto. I have admired the lake from the music Garden I have taken boat rides on the lake as part of a visit I made there some time ago. Most recently I have seen the lade from the towering buildings that dominate the city of Toronto. I have walked along Younge Street to its beginnings. I have admired the beauty of the same lake from the many towns I have passed through on my way along the QEW and 403 leading to Toronto through Hamilton and across the long bridge. My travels to Ottawa along 401 east have taken me to the Thousand Islands region near the border crossing into northern New York State near Preston. Most beautiful landscape does makes me want to stop and go no further. If you need an excuse to support a decision to never return to Detroit or Manhattan here it is. Parts of Lake Ontario can be seen along the 401 route eastward. If you need an excuse for attending college and studying environmental issues like limnology - or the study of ponds and lakes and rivers with fresh water here it is in abundance. I have admired the beauty of the lake from many other vantage points too. Make a comparison with Lake Erie. I have seen and admired the lake from the many spots along route 401 on the way to Preston and even before you get to Preston there are numerous views of the lake. Cross over to New York to get a better view of the St. Lawrence and what is the beginning of the lake. The lake is big beautiful and lovely and full of life as part of a civilized place to live. I have walked along the shores of the lake in Toronto across the huge rocks and stones that have been put there to decorate this part of the lake. I am talking about a park where people can walk and photograph themselves enjoying the landscape east of down town Toronto. There is another place - a park I believe - further east along the north shore of the lake that has path ways that lead visitors to the lake shore and the rocky cliffs that over look the lake. There are a number of fantastic views of the landscape from this park. These places have large boulders that are worthy of a picture or two. Something can be learned her for maintaining the lake as it is and to beautify it for regional planning. Elements of landscape architecture are worthy as an academic field for study. Natural flora and fauna are there for admiration and study - especially ducks. A multi-use community park can be selected as the necessary vocabulary work used to designate the purpose of this lake and its relation with near-by cities. Recreational department personnel should work with university personnel and city residents to preserve the lake. Spend time there. I do not know much about whether or not the lake is polluted extensively. Canada seems to do a good job with addressing environmental issues. It really has little other choice! I imagine that sailing can be a great adventure for many people in this region. Canoeing also for good reasons. For the sake of the boating crowd the lake is a paradise for them.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank GiudoLocattelli
Birmingham England
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Speaking as one of the few foreigners (if we English can ever BT forgers that us ....?)”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have had numerous sailing holidays on Lake Ontairio. It is truly a most civilised place to chill and relax. It's so big, beautiful and full of life.

I have a couple of wonderful Canadian pals who out of Hamilton have a boat. This gives unique access for us as to the best of my knowledge there are no holiday deals to be had. This presumably as the lake is frozen out for a good part of the year.

Any oppurtunity you get go visit and enjoy this wonderful area God has graced us with.

Visited July 2013