“Great if you like dishes”

Cynthia Findlay Antiques
Ranked #10 of 163 Shopping in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Located inside Toronto Antiques on King in a beautiful heritage building - We specialize in fine jewellery, bridal jewellery, antique and vintage engagement rings, earrings, vintage living, one-of-a-kinds and decorator finds. We select items from around the world that best represent Victorian, Edwardian, Art Deco and Retro periods. English, European, Canadian, Japanese and Chinese antiques comprise the majority of our collection. We pride ourselves on wonderful customer service and love being a part of your romance.
New York City, New York
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great if you like dishes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The store has a predominanace of old dishes. Lots of dishes.....
The quality of the inventory was excellent.Prices - high

Visited August 2013
Cynthia F, Owner at Cynthia Findlay Antiques, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. We do have a large selection of dishes. We also specialize in jewellery. We hope to see you in our store again.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spoilt for Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My fiancé found this lovely store while browsing online for antique engagement rings. I was a bit skeptical as to whether the massive online catalogue of rings would be present at the store and available to try on. In fact, there seemed to be even more choice in store than online. Thankfully, the staff were very helpful and attentive, and my fiancé was looking for a particular Edwardian style, so was quickly able to narrow her choices down to three or four gorgeous rings. The ring she chose was resized and ready for pick within a week. With the purchase of the ring we received a box, jewellery cleaner, an appraisal, and a small bottle of champagne (a very nice touch). Overall we were extremely pleased with the experience and would recommend giving this place a look if you are interested in antique jewellery and antiques of all varieties.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Callum W
Cynthia F, Owner at Cynthia Findlay Antiques, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello,
It was a pleasure helping you and your fiancé find your perfect ring. Congratulations on your engagement! Thank you for this lovely review.
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Huge collection, attentive service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We visited Cynthia Findlay's store to purchase an engagement ring. The selection was excellent and we received very patient, personal care. Robyn didn't try to persuade us to buy a more expensive ring and seemed just as happy with our selection as we were. The shop also has beautiful jewelry for other occasions, too. Hopefully I'll be on the receiving end again for an anniversary!

Visited May 2013
Cynthia F, Owner at Cynthia Findlay Antiques, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Congratulations on your engagement! Thank you for writing these kind words. We loved being a part of your special moment.
Mississauga, Canada
“Lovely.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My fiancé Stacey and I went ring shopping in April, 2013 with the intention of nailing down style options and to get some ideas at the very least. The experience was lovely; and Cynthia has an amazing collection. We looked at, and tried on a multitude of rings and were able to find at least three that were within our budget and that Stacey loved. It was clear early on in our shopping adventure that we would find the perfect ring here.

After collecting the information on the rings for a later critical decision we perused the rest of the store. It is a sea of treasures. We definitely got swept away by the extent of the collection in the store and absolutely loved it.

The rings we choose were held for a few days while I considered which one to purchase ...I serendipitously chose her favourite of them all! (...she was sure I had my eye on another.)
She is ecstatic, and happily wearing it right now to the ogling of her girlfriends and strangers alike. It fits her style to a tee and she loves having an engagement ring that is different from most.

I would also like to mention that the financial aspect of the experience was easy too. I initially put it away on layaway (not knowing how soon I would give it to her). All aspects of the sales experience were great.

Visited April 2013
Thank for such a lovely review and congratulations on your engagement! I am honoured that you chose our store for this very special purchase. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Toronto
“A Toronto Treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Walking into the Cynthia Findlay store is like walking into a treasure chest. The place has a charm that is completely its own, and needs to be seen first-hand to be believed!

On one nondescript Sunday, my boyfriend and I walked in without expecting much of anything -- a bit weary (him, not me) from months of engagement ring shopping. We were helped by a lovely lady and met Cynthia later on; both helped us narrow down our choices and were very nice even as we changed our preference numerous times. We finally decided on an antique Edwardian with the most wonderful filigree! Cynthia and her team made shopping so fun and easy; without the pushy sales talk and snobbery, we really felt like they wanted us to pick the right ring for us. We couldn't be happier. Our experience is proof that sometimes when you least expect it, wonderful things happen!

Thank you, Cynthia Findlay!

Visited May 2013
Cynthia F, Owner at Cynthia Findlay Antiques, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Congratulations on your engagement! Thank you for this wonderful feedback and for inviting us into your happy moment. I wish you many happy years of marriage and ring wearing.