Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Cynthia Findlay was amazing!

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $26.20
from $15.50
from $135.50
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Myself and my (now) Fiancé went into Cynthia Findlay in October 2017 to look for an engagement ring. The staff were very friendly and listened carefully to what I was asking for, showing me any rings I wanted to try on and making suggestions based on my preferences. I found one that I absolutely loved, but it was significantly over my budget. Cynthia was so kind and accommodating, and assured me that she could have a replica ring made of the one that I loved within my budget. After I made a few small changes (ie: gold colour), we left and booked a follow up appointment to look at diamonds. During the follow-up appointment I really felt that Cynthia understood exactly what I was looking for, and I left everything in her hands, knowing that I could fully trust her with the whole process, and I didn't need to consult with her again. My fiancé pick up the ring in Dec 2018. I cannot stress enough that the ring is even better than I expected, Cynthia went above and beyond our expectations, and we are so happy we chose her to make my dream ring. I HIGHLY recommend going to Cynthia Findlay!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bought an engagement ring here. Excellent and patient service from knowledgeable staff. Very glad they made the experience so seamless.

Incredible collection of antiques that I didn't have time to check out.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

I found Cynthia Findlay antiques via google while searching for an emerald engagement ring- I was having a hard time finding them anywhere else and I just wanted to see them, maybe try a couple on to get an idea of what it would look like on my hand and which cut would be best.
My boyfriend (now fiancé) went in together and Christine was very patient with us, and very knowledgeable. We looked at many many emerald ring and I must have tried on a dozen or so.
I went back in with a friend in August because I saw some other ones that I hadn't tried on- Christine recognized me and, again, devoted her time to my questions.
To my surprise, my boyfriend went in the same day and purchased the ring of my dreams! He had an amazing experience with both Cynthia and Christine.
I cannot not thank them both enough for helping us! We are extremely happy and confident in our purchase- thank you!!

1  Thank Vera B
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Unequivocally bad experience.

Drove 4 hours to come here because I saw an amazing engagement ring on their website. Paid an arm and a leg for it, and they wanted to charge us to resize it, AND charge us for shipping it. My husband ended up being able to talk them into sizing it for us, and shipping for a smaller fee. There was one staff member who helped us through the process who was lovely, but then Cynthia came over, and the experience took an absolute nosedive. What a rude and unaccommodating woman, we were about to spend over 5k on a ring, and she had the audacity to be rude to my husband, followed by an even worse comment towards me. Gave us a sob story about the man who made the ring (its new, supposedly handmade, with a ‘vintage look’). Made another rude comment, I almost walked out. I fell in love with the ring, I was not about to leave without it. So we paid, got the receipt and appraisal as quickly as possible, and left before something worse could happen.

Not 48 hours after having my ring sized and back on my finger, a diamond fell out! Our engagement photos were scheduled for the week after, and we called Cynthia in a panic. They offered to replace the diamond and ship back for free. Thank god. The ring setting is platinum, so why a diamond fell out so quickly is beyond me. They blamed it on the sizing, but the setting sits above the band, and would not be affected by the sizing at all. Communication from the store throughout this process was severely lacking.

Fast forward a few months later, another diamond falls out. Called Cynthia, an employee fed us a line about “used jewelry being delicate” ....IT IS NEW!! And platinum should not be delicate. They hung up quickly after saying they wouldn’t do anything about it.

We brought the ring to our usual jeweller to be fixed. The jeweller said the ring was NOT platinum, the appraisal we were given by Cynthia was inflated by at least 200%, and the centre sapphire stone was was low quality - it has scratched and chipped already.

So needless to say, not only was this experience stressful, but we got ripped off. Hard.

Cynthia Findlay and team should be embarrassed. Absolutely disgraceful, I’ve honestly never had a worse experience.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Just didn't feel welcomed at all. They way too busy chatting. Ridiculously over priced common stuff. You may find them at other antique places at 1/10th of these incredibly stupid prices. Was nice to see all these floor to ceiling jammed in stuff sitting there for years after years!

Reviewed December 29, 2017

My fiancé and I went to Cynthia Findley's to pick out my ring together. Katherine helped us, and she was extremely friendly and knowledgable. She let us try on a million rings and take all the time we needed to make the decision. She also guided us through the process, helping us figure out what we wanted and to narrow done the rings.

There is a very good selection of vintage and antique rings at the store (there are some new as well though - so if you're looking for an older ring make sure to say!).

Cynthia herself was also very knowledgable and helpful. The first resizing was still a bit too small, and they kindly did the second resizing at no extra cost. Also, besides jewelry, there is just a lot of great stuff to look at there - well worth a visit!

Reviewed January 10, 2017

My fiance purchased my engagement ring at Cynthia Findlay Antiques, and he was so impressed by how knowledgeable, kind, and helpful Cynthia was that he wanted me to go back to meet her. We went together 2 weeks later and she helped me size my ring, and also took a couple of sweet impromptu engagement photos of us, which we received via email the next day. The ring is beautiful and the shop is fascinating, full of lots of different antiques. Highly recommended, whether you are seeking a perfect engagement ring with lots of character, or looking for other wonderful antiques.

Cynthia F, Manager at Cynthia Findlay Antiques, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2017

Thank you for your review Lindsay. We're really glad you like your ring and both of you had a great experience.

Thanks again,
Cynthia Findlay Antiques

Reviewed December 5, 2016 via mobile

My (now) fiancé and I came here randomly a year ago. I was googling antique stores in the neighbourhood, this came up, and so we paid a visit. After walking through the (huge) store, we ended up at the engagement rings. Cynthia talked to us for quite a while, telling us all we needed to know about diamonds. We ended up falling in love with a unique setting and came back the next day to buy it. She even took us outside with the ring and a loose diamond so we could see what it would eventually look like. A year later, we also got the diamond from Cynthia and I am absolutely in love with my ring! There was never any pressure from any of the staff to make a purchase and the whole experience was made so simple. Definitely recommend!

Cynthia F, Owner at Cynthia Findlay Antiques, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It was a pleasure having you two in! A memorable experience for us too, we wish you the best in your marriage and know the diamond will be a great symbol of your romance for many years to come.

Reviewed December 5, 2016

I recently made a purchase at Cynthia Findlay Antiques. Cynthia personally assisted me in finding exactly what I was looking for. This required a lot of patience, as I was looking for a very unique ring. She was very knowledgeable, patient, professional and provided truly valuable advice. Being in the service industry myself, I can say with confidence that Cynthia Findlay offers a exceptional experience for anyone looking for antique jewelry/luxury items.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves in our customer first attitude. I remember your visit and also empathize with how important these purchases are. It is our pleasure when we can bring together a good match. Hope you enjoy your ring for many years to come.

Reviewed December 1, 2016

I would recommend Cynthia to anyone looking for that perfect ring for their partner. When I went there the first time I hardly had a clue as to what it was that I was looking for. Even after researching into the 4 C's, and a lengthy discussion with my partner about the sort of ring that she wanted it's still a very daunting experience find the right ring for the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Cynthia was amazing, she personally took the time to hear me out and take the little information that I had in order to work out what would be best for us. She was patient and efficient and at no point during the several visits did I feel pressured into paying more than I could afford. She went out of her way to recommend that I take a look at the huge variety that she has online and I am so glad that she did. There are rings there for all budget ranges and I was able to go away, take the time to find 8 or 9 that I liked, share them with friends then go back and see them all. When I fell in love with the one I wanted and was sure it was right for me, Cynthia took the time to help me further realise the modifications I wanted to make, work with me to find out what ring size my partner was, and advise me on getting it appraised.

Between her and her assistant they really helped round out my confidence and isolate the PERFECT ring. The work I had done was excellent, the after care fantastic and the price was exactly as advertised with no hidden costs. More than that they made me confident in my choice and come the big day the look on my fiancé's face was priceless. This is the place to go for that once in a lifetime purchase. I was so happy that I have since returned with my partner so that we could thank her together and Cynthia even took the time to clean the ring for us again and showed us how to maintain it. Fantastic service and value, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It is a particularly special memory for us when we can be a part of a special occasion. We make sure to be absolutely diligent with every client who makes an appointment to view engagement rings. We know that this is a big decision for them and it is really our pleasure to serve you and your fiancé. Its simply just one of our favourite things to do.