“HOLY!!!!”

Ranked #4 of 501 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The CN Tower is a National icon, engineering Wonder, a Toronto must-see attraction and award winning dining and entertainment destination. Rocket to the top aboard the Tower's glass fronted and glass floor paneled elevators which take you to the top in only 58 seconds. Take in spectacular views of up to 160km (100 miles) away from four observation areas on three levels, including the LookOut, world famous Glass Floor with outdoor SkyTerrace and the SkyPod, the highest of them all. Experience the thrill of EdgeWalk at the CN Tower, the World's Highest Outdoor Walk on a Building. Enjoy award-winning Canadian cuisine and breathtaking revolving views at 360 The Restaurant at the CN Tower, family friendly fare at Horizons Toronto celebrating the multicultural flavours of Toronto neighbourhoods, or grab and go fare from Le Café. Plus, visual displays, KidZone play area and 8,000 square feet of unique Canadian artisan and souvenir shopping in the Gift Shop. Don't miss the architectural illumination of the CN Tower each night from dusk with top of the hour light show.
Whitby, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“HOLY!!!!”

My wife and I ventured there before a Toronto
Argonauts game. There is only one thing to say.
Holy crap. The view is outstanding.
I work with someone who did the outside walk thing.
WOW. She said " if you have the guts, go for it. It is

• Turkish first
Valencia, CA
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“$50 for a priceless view”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Arrive early and watch out for rude tour groups that try and cut in front. Pay the extra $12 for the sky pod it's worth it. The glass floor (included in the general $32 admission) is freaky. Even though you know it's safe your feet don't want to walk over a 300 foot drop. The main observation deck has both inside and outdoor viewing, but the safety grate interferes with taking good pictures. The sky pod is indoor only.

Ottawa, Canada
“Exceeded my Expectations”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Once you get over the long lines, the view, and the whole trip up the CN Tower is unforgetable. The glass floors were incredible, and make sure to try the restaurant as well. We have gone twice, once during the day and once at night, and if you're thinking of going, I recommend you go at night. The lights will amaze you.

Visited April 2013
canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Yikes!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Being very afraid of heights, I was incredible apprehensive to visit the Tower. My husband was eager and I knew I would regret telling others that I didn't experience it because I was a chicken! I had been to Toronto several times, but neglected to ride to the top.
The elevator ride was the first taste of what will be ahead. The doors are glass and face out toward the city, so the higher you climb, the more you are able to see. it is a little nerve wracking, but if you stick near the back, it's not bad. For those of you who have nerves of steel, stand near the doors and soak it all in.

Once at the 360 degree lookout area, you can enjoy the view from the inside, where it isn't windy or cold. They have viewfinders inside too. You can opt to go up one floor via the stairs (the first "pod" is actually a few floors, not just one) and check out the viewing area with the glass floor that looks straight down to the ground. This really challenged me! I clung to the wall, joined by many others, while people of all ages crawled, walked, ran, and jumped across. Those of us who were terrified were all able to laugh and enjoy watching people taunt their family members and friends by nudging them as they tiptoed slowly to the edge for a peek.

Eventually I got the courage to step on (mind you, I refused to look down...I held my camera toward the floor and watched the footage later). After a few trips around the floor I mustered up enough courage and laid down for a photo. We even went up to the pod that was up even higher. That viewing area is much higher and a little tight.

We did not get a chance to eat in the restaurant that is in the 360 degree pod, but I had heard great things about it. If you are interested, be sure to make reservations.

Matara, Sri Lanka
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Wow what a view”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

One of the greatest views which I have seen from the top of a tower. As I have visited worlds to lest towers such as Burji Khalifa, Taipei 101, and twin towers of malaysia but nothing is better than the CN tower. The spectacular view you get to see from the top was amazing and you should not miss the opportunity to see the sunset from the top. And if you are a person who is like to have Adrinalin rush then there is a great opportunity for you to go in to the edge walk. Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to get the ticket for that.

If you are in Toronto make sure that you have time to visit the CN tower and down town Toronto.