Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

from $95.29
from $200.20
from $33.30
7,540 results
All reviews bat cave natural history blue whale chihuly exhibit dinosaur bones totem poles first nations special exhibit great exhibits canadian history on display all ages few hours rainy day rom minerals artifacts
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It's beautiful...you need to see it. If you go to Toronto this is a must see museum.
I'm not crazy about museums but I loved it.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

There was a lot to look at and see. The dinosaur fossils were great. We enjoyed the mammals, and were fortunate enough to see the Mesopotamian collection. You could easily spend 2 days here. We had to prioritize because we only were there for the day.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed walking through the museum and seeing the permanent collection. But the Genesis exhibit by Santiago Sanchez was what made the visit!! Best photography exhibit ive ever seen

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Decided to spend an afternoon exploring the Royal Ontario Museum. There are several floors to this building which is composed of the original 1933 building and the extension that was built in the last decade.
With the exception of the friendly staff at the entrance, finding staff to ask questions of was rather difficult. As a matter fact the one person I got some information out of was a friendly security guard.
One drawback to going during the summertime was that there were many groups of schoolkids on tour the day I went.
One thing to remember is that some hotels have promotions with the ROM so that you can get a discount if you show your hotel room key. In my case I saved five dollars on the overall ticket price.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'll preface this by saying that my brother, recently home from England, has said that American museums take a much more "teaching" approach to their exhibits, which is apparently not standard in other parts of the world. In general, that was what we felt was missing here: I walked around and saw way too many old chairs and chests of drawers, Native American artifacts, and dinosaur bones and yet I felt like I learned nothing at all. I kept looking for an explanation of why I should care about this old sofa or why that set of dishware was significant and...nothing. Just a whole lot of stuff. The gemstones exhibit was particularly disappointing, as you look at hundreds of candy-colored rocks and look for information on why this quartz looks different from that quartz...and all they tell is the set of coordinates where they were found: "Quartz: 49°30.0', -123°30.0'". Great...that means nothing to me.

I'm told that I have a different set of expectations for museums based on how it's done in the States, but we left feeling disappointed. The architecture is cool - I actually found the outside glass to be interesting, but then again, I wasn't attached to the original design so I understand why some would be appalled at it. Personally, I don't recommend spending vacation time at this site, but it's only my own opinion.