“Newer Hotel Near the Airport”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Ranked #19 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Los Angeles, California
“Newer Hotel Near the Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a newer Hampton Inn that is fairly close to the airport. The room was clean and the free breakfast was fully stocked. It is is close to Centennial Park if you need some fresh air. Being that the hotel is in a corporate area it is really quiet on the weekends and you may have to drive a few miles for dinner.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is my second time staying at this Hotel and I was just as satisfied during this second visit as I was during my last one. The staff are friendly, courteous and very efficient. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates excellent service at great value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Marcel F
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We chose this hotel for a layover between flights and it was perfect. Great bed, quiet rooms, big buffet, very clean, awesome service. From this location, we were able to run to the Etobikoke CreekTrail in less than 5 minutes and following that trail along the creek was beautiful & serene - hard to believe you we're in the middle of a big city and near the airport.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank KonaIronmate
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had the ill luck of staying at Hampton Inn by Hilton for 2 consecutive nights which was on May 3 and 4, 2013. I was hoping for minimum service and peace of mind. I dont think my expectation was undue for the money I paid for my stay.
I could not sleep for 1 minute even all night , on my first night!!!! There were banging doors and people running in the hallway all night.!!!! And the reason I was staying in the hotel was because I had exam to write on the following morning, also the next morning.
So the next night I called the front atleast 5 times to no positive result. The doors kept banging and people kept walking and running in the hallway. They had sent security to check but there were as inert as can be, to my surprise! I requested to be moved to a different floor and they declined to do so. And in the early hours there was someone banging on the door and trying to open the door. It was no point calling the front desk. I had given up on them
I slept a couple of hours with ear plugs for the first time in my life.
Oh yes, and you have to ask for shower caps too! they don't provide unless you ask for it! And they dont have a restaurant . So either you go ut to eat or call for delivery.
I will never ever stay in this hotel and ask every one I know for the same.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank nasreen128
Tarek M, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I’m so sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. I understand that hallway noise was an issue during your time with us. We strive to have additional overnight managers available during high traffic periods to assure the comfort and safety of our guests and we regret the noise was disruptive to your rest. We know how important a good night's sleep is while traveling and working and we will share your comments with our team so we may do a better job ensuring your comfort moving forward. I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again so we may provide the quality hotel stay you expect and deserve.

Tarek Mahfouz - General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Myself and fiancee stayed here from July 9-18, 2012. First time visting Toronto and this hotel was perfect. Very clean ( cleaners cleaned room everyday while we were out ) . Location was great ( minutes from downtown ) . Breakfast was included which was very good and free parking. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is the second year in a row I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Corporate Centre and I continue to be very happy with the hotel.

First of all, the service - from the shuttle driver to the front desk clerks to the breakfast room service, I found everybody to be very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff was quite patient with our tendency not to leave our room until 1-2pm each day as well.

The complimentary breakfast provided (6am-10am daily) has a lot of choices - pastries, toast, bagels, hot choices (varied day by day - different eggs, sausages, potatoes, french toast sticks, depending on the day), oatmeal (with sugar, almond slices, and raisins available to mix in), waffle maker (with berry topping and whipped cream available), fruit salad, yogurt, cereal, juices, coffee, tea... It's a complimentary hotel breakfast so it's not the best version of these things you could possibly find, but more than adequate to start off your day. There is coffee and tea available in the lobby at all times, as well. Plus, newspapers provided (National Post) and a TV with news on playing in the lobby. There's a plaza with several restaurants (Japanese, Thai, Italian, Chinese, Irish pub) just a five minute walk down the road (and the Best Western next door appears to also have a restaurant).

Free wifi worked great. The fitness room has two ellipticals, three treadmills, two stationary bikes (all with individual TVs attached, and they will provide earbuds at the front desk), free weights, Swiss balls, and mats provided. I didn't use the pool, which wasn't full sized, but there is one as well.

The room itself was clean and comfortable, with plenty of outlets. It was also quite quiet (I was on the 7th floor, about 3 doors away from the elevator). Only noise was people's doors opening and closing, and occasionally someone talking right outside the door. I'm a light sleeper, so I notice these things. Bed had both firm and soft pillows provided. Nice sized desk with outlets and ethernet connection. My main complaint was that there was no vanity mirror provided and the bathroom counter was really big and high - I'm extremely nearsighted and pregnant so I couldn't get close enough to the mirror to look myself in the eye without my contacts in. I had to use the mirror on the closet door. Otherwise, the bathroom was big and clean with plenty of towels and hooks to hang things, as well as a lot of counter space. There's a small safe in the closet, but it's not very deep and vertical (so I had to stand my laptop up) and doesn't fit a ton of things. There's a refrigerator and microwave as well, and the TV reception was good.

Complimentary airport shuttle runs once an hour - call for it when you arrive, and arrange for it before you need to leave. Seems like they also will arrange a shuttle to take you to work in the morning if you need it. Didn't use the business center, but there is one. My only complaint about the location is that it's rather convoluted to get in/out of the airport, so it actually takes 10-15 minutes to get door to door. Make sure to factor that into your timing. There's a gas station just down the street, which is convenient for filling up the rental car before returning it. There's also free parking at the hotel, and we never had trouble finding a parking spot in front (stayed 3 nights, had a car for 2 and we got back quite late both nights). I think there was more parking around back as well. Our room overlooked a golf course, so apparently there is golfing next door.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel. It made a great base for going into downtown Toronto (only 20+ km, but watch out for traffic) and into other areas (we went to Hamilton as well).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank hardtosay
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed 1 night for a quick business trip. When I booked the room off hhonors.com, I always request a high floor away from noisy areas (elevator, vending, etc.). When I checked in, I had a room that was adjacent to the elevator!

I didn't mention it to the front desk becuase it was getting late and I needed to get some sleep before my meeting in the morning. I should have changed rooms becuase there was all kinds of noise starting around 5 AM due to people catching early flights and taking the elevator.

The parking is less than desired. They share the lot with the homewood suites, and the sports get taken very quickly if you dont park early.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank onebadgolfer
Tarek M, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that noise from early morning guests using the elevator was an issue during your time with us. We strive to meet the requests of all of our guests to assure your comfort and safety and we are sorry we were unable to meet your request during this stay. I do hope the next time you return to area you will consider staying with us again so we may show you the quality experience you expect and deserve.

Tarek Mahfouz - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Grand Hotel Toronto
Grand Hotel Toronto
#22 of 132 in Toronto
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,854 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre? Share your experiences!