Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

(v.) Complimentary Breakfast
(vi.) Concluding Thoughts

(i.) Booking
---
Research was very important for this upcoming stay. Over the past 2 years I have been loyal to Priority Club properties gaining Platinum status with the club. Unfortunately, their loyalty program doesn’t really hold any water. It’s very easy to achieve Platinum status and is not very highly regarded in the travel community in comparison to other clubs. PC Platinum also has few benefits that attract me to their properties.

After lots of research and sales pitches I settled on trying Hilton HHonours and Hampton Inn. Not only were the properties around Pearson Airport a higher caliber, the HHonours program attracted me with the Double Dip promotion and December Sale (33% off when booked in December). The issue now is deciding which hotel I should stay at in the Hilton portfolio. Initially, I wanted to stay at the Hilton Toronto Airport which was the most convenient for my destination the following morning but it was much too expensive for the room and overnight parking. The cost of parking at hotels in and around YYZ is a real problem as it can produce some very high yields.

After almost booking the Hilton Toronto Airport, Hampton Inn Toronto Airport, and Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport I decided to book at the Hampton Inn Toronto Airport Corporate Center. The major pluses to this property is that it is brand new, has free parking, free access to internet, breakfast in the morning, and lengthened check-out times. I also was drawn to the property as the competing Hampton located closer to the airport seemed dated when looking at traveler submitted pictures on TripAdvisor.

Booking on Hilton.com was easy and yielded the December Sale discount. Information on the stay was delayed 2 hours before being posted on my Hilton HHonours profile online for some reason (which they stated would be the case during the booking process).

(ii.) Arrival & Check-In
---

The Hampton Corporate Center is located on a 2 blocks south of the 401’s Renforth Drive exit and about 5 blocks tracking back from exiting the highway. The hotel is on property shared with the Homewood Suites (owned & operated by the same manager) having a small parking lot in front of both hotels and a larger car park behind the Hampton.

I arrived at the hotel an hour before check-in was supposed to take place. The friendly front desk staff informed me that my HHonours reservation was prepared and ready for the check-in process. She welcomed me to the hotel and also informed me that there was a letter for me from the manager. This was a very nice touch; it was a pre-formatted enter-name-here template message but nonetheless it was a nice value added touch to the experience. The letter went so far to provide the direct extension for the manager’s office if there were any questions, comments, or complaints.

Check-in was quick and efficient. An overview of the lobby, breakfast bar, and location of amenities was provided just before I went to bring my bags up to my room. I was very much looking forward to seeing my room and enjoying the breakfast in the morning.

(iii.) One King Bedroom
---

Surprisingly, both of my requests were honoured for my stay. This was something I liked to hear as PC properties consistently had a difficult time fulfilling my same requests. I asked for a top floor room which faced towards the airport… and that’s just what I got! While the view was slightly obstructed by the neighboring Homewood Suites the room fulfilled all of my requests and did not disappoint.

The hotel itself is clearly new and clearly well taken care of. Walking down the hall to my room I stopped to notice that the room number plates all had a unique photograph. I didn’t see one repeat on the floor, very cool. Arriving at my room and opening the door I was greeted by the beautiful suite.

What I really liked about the room is the style. It seemed to be a great new direction for the Hampton brand! Inside the door is the redish-brown tile, but not just basic hotel brand tile, good looking tile. Walking further into the room you see the emphasis on black, blue, and beiges. 3 walls were beige while the wall the bed sat against was blueish-green. Looked great! The flooring was a comfortable carpeting coloured blue with black “splats” with matching blue colour on the single seat chair, ottoman, and bedskirt. To round the furnishings out; desk, end tables, and dresser were all high quality dark wood which looked great with the colours of the room. Excellent style!

The room also featured a large HDTV (which actually received HD channels, a first for me in a hotel room!) and a mini fridge.

The bathroom was also impressive. Sharing the contemporary styling of the bedroom, the bathroom had a large sink and shower. The only complaints I had about the room were in the bathroom. The water could have been warmer in the shower. I like the water very hot, I am not saying that it wasn’t hot but not quite where I would have liked it to be. Not really an issue. The other issue was the amenities that the hotel provided. Compared to other hotels which I have recently stayed at in the area it was a little bit of a letdown. Once again, not an issue as I brought my own supplies anyways.

(iv.) Sleep Quality
---

The mattress was very comfortable. A great softness which was accompanied by 4 large sized pillows and a very comfortable duvet cover.

Proximity to the airport is always a concern when dealing with noise level. The bar has been set high by the Hotel Indigo which is located directly under the flight path for incoming flights. During 2 different stays in 2 different rooms with planes passing 50ft above the hotel there was no noise. Indigo invested heavily in ensuring that noise cancellation was a priority. The Hampton did not have the same caliber of noise cancellation. Planes could be clearly heard landing and taking off from the airport which was considerably far away by comparison to the Indigo’s location under the flight path. The noise was muffled but clearly audible.

(v.) Complimentary Breakfast

The hotel does provide a fairly wide spread standard complimentary hot breakfast. I arrived at about 6:30 where most of the food was already prepared. I enjoyed a fresh cheese omelette and orange juice. Nicely laid out and quite tasty!

(vi.) Concluding Thoughts

As I submitted my reservation I knew that I would really like this property. Reading all of the reviews on TripAdvisor and information provided on the hotel’s website got me ready for a good experience. The temperature of the water in the shower was a little disappointing but not a massive problem. The same goes with the noise from the airport.

Overall, I was very pleased with this property. The Hampton YYZ Corporate Center has definitely set the bar higher when it comes to hotels and what I can expect from the Hampton brand. I will without a doubt return to this property or possibly the Homewood Suites next door. On top of that I will continue traveling with Hilton brand properties after this stay.

This hotel is great for any traveler. Whether you are on business or are traveling for leisure this hotel will provide excellent accommodations at a very competitive price. I would absolutely recommend this property to anyone staying in the area.

I hope the information provided in this review will be helpful in your decision on where to stay around Toronto Airport!

Happy travels!

Room Tip: I enjoyed a room on the top floor at the end of the hallway. Not too much noise from other guests an...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank QC514

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My wife and I were visiting friends in west Toronto for the weekend and drove down a day early to shop. Stayed Thursday evening in this hotel and would definitely stay again. Excellent value, friendly helpful staff and free internet. Breakfast is included. The rooms are large and modern with comfortable beds, linens and choice of feather or foam pillows! This is the third Hampton Inn we've stayed in lately and are very pleased with the experience every time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed November 28, 2011

An excellent Hampton Inn conveniently located just south of the airport, but near (20 minute drive) to downtown. The room was very clean, breakfast was pretty good for free, coffee always available. Great value. Only complaint was that there was no hot tub/jacuzzi, only a pool and the water was slightly cool for me.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Gabriel M
ontario
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We only stayed here one night and it was perfect. Staff were friendly and answered all my questions. Clean and a well organized hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2011

A second stay at the Hampton Inn in the last month. Again excellent value. Clean, spacious room with a walk in shower (instead of a tub), comfortable bed and nice and quiet.
I hadn't noticed on my last visit that there is a coin laundry available nor had I mentioned the very reasonably equipped exercise room. The breakfast (if you stick to toast, cereal and fruit) is good.
Check in and Check out was fast and pleasant.
You can spend a lot more money for similar (or not even as good) accommodation in the airport area, but really, why would you?
BTW there are two excellent restaurants less than a block away in a strip mall (same side of the street) called Spoon and Fork (Thai) and Prince Japanese Steakhouse. I strongly recommend both of these establishments for the excellent and reasonably priced food.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
London
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I was pleasently suprised with the condition of the Hotel considering it's location. I find many airport hotels tend to be run down, frayed and dirty. I attribute this to the fact that operators assume most guest are there for a short time and may never return. This hotel proved me wrong, it was very clean and bright.

The rooms where what you expect at a Hampton Inn. I really like their "clean bedding" guarantee. I was also pleased that there was no airport noise whatso ever; always a concern when we stay near an airport.
The complimentary hot breakfast was very good, with bacon biscuts, and fresh scrambled eggs.
The staff was pleasant, and the price was very reasonable.

I would recommend this hotel above any in the area including many much more epensive.
We will definately use it again in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Rvan58
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here for a conference. I called the shuttle from Pearson. It appears to be a little further from the airport (maybe 10 minutes by shuttle), but still very convenient. It is on a street with many restaurant options. Michele's is a very nice Italian restaurant just one hotel over.

The hotel is clearly new. Even the carpets are a great color and pattern, and different from the hallway to the bedroom. The beds are quite comfortable, as is the furniture. The TV is nice and big. The bathroom is large and very nice, with a large stylish vanity i would like to have in my house and a very large shower. I actually like showers without bathtubs, so was glad to see that. There is a lot of storage (little drawers and shelves everywhere) so it feels very homey.

The meeting spaces are nice - well-appointed, with the stylish carpet and windows. The business center is small but efficient, and all the equipment works. The 24-hour market inside the hotel with snacks and toiletries has a decent supply. I got in late and was able to find a frozen vegetarian dinner. The staff let me use the microwave in the breakfast area.

Breakfast is good for a hotel, and the 24-hour coffee/tea service is great. They even leave fruit out.

The wireless internet signal throughout is nice and strong. And I love free internet that is also pretty fast.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again. It is so nice and comfortable. The staff are helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport
Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale
TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre? Share your experiences!