“Horrible Food & Service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The 3 Brewers

The 3 Brewers
Ranked #54 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Bar, Brew Pub, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
“Horrible Food & Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I went there on a Saturday evening before going to a concert at Massey Hall. It looked busy inside so we figured it must be good. We sat down and it took forever for our server. Then I wanted a wrap without onions but it turns out their wraps are all pre-made (which is odd for a restaurant). I ended up ordering fish and chips which was awful. The fish was soooo over fried and greasy and you could tell the fries were just frozen. I asked for vinegar which again took over 10 minutes to come and when we finished we said we would look at a dessert menu because we still had time left before the concert and our server just never brought it - he just kept walking by our table and looking at us so when 15 minutes was up we just asked for the bill. I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible stomach pains I assume from the food. I will certainly never eat there again or recommend it to anyone!!

• Visited March 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Probably a Better Micro Brewery than a Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is the second time I have eaten here and I think the draw for my co-workers is more the micro brewery aspect than the food. I have had their thin crust pizzas before which was good, but this time I ordered the standard burger and it was nothing to write home about. My dining companion ordered the specialty which was the pork shank and it was average, a lot of fat and bone. The molten lava chocolate cake was good.

Both times the place was packed and noisy so it is a popular spot, but in my opinion I think there are better restaurants in the vicinity. One area of the restaurant that I thought was pretty special was a window box at the entrance that held artifacts and a history of the building from when they were doing excavations and remodelling.

I will probably eat here again as it is pretty popular with my co-workers, so will give it another trybut it wouldn't be my first choice. The 3 Brewers is a chain, with restaurants in Ontario, Quebec and France.

• Visited February 2014
Amherst, Canada
“Great food, Fun atmosphere, Good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Line up moved fast, we ate upstairs with a great view of the restaurant. Food was way better then expected. My smoked salmon sandwich was amazing. Great washrooms. Unique beers :)

• Visited February 2014
Waterloo, Canada
“Always a safe bet if you like meat and beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

The 3 Brewers in Toronto is a spin off of the Les Trois Brasseurs chain from Montreal. It's a finessed pub based on Alsatian/Germanic cuisine and beer (loosely simliar to Belgian style). The food highlights include hearty Euro country fare like roat pork shank and huge sausages, and Alsatian tortes (flammekuche in German), a Germanic thin crust pizza variation typically without tomato sauce. This is one of the few places in Canada where you can get draft in a proper full liter Masse or varlet as they call it. I've eaten and drank at several of these and they are consistently good, mainly because they are consistently unpretentious and no-nonsense. Going with a group is great because of the casual atmosphere and a layout that works well for groups.

• Visited November 2013
Bolton, Canada
“Great Food, fast friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We ate here Thursday Jan 16th before going to the Ron White show at Massey. Place was packed at 6pm. We got a table right away on second level. Server was quik to the table and quik back with beers. She had good advice on the menu, food was there fast, hot and good. I had chicken burger w bacon n cheese, my wife and one of the other friends with us had chicken salad, last of our 4 had pita/pizza type flatbread that I "sampled" and it was quite good. Prices reasonable, homebrews were very tasty..........oh yeah, Ron White was absolutely hilarious!!!

• Visited January 2014