“Salty food, little service, average restaurant.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The 3 Brewers

The 3 Brewers
Ranked #54 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Bar, Brew Pub, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Toronto, Canada
“Salty food, little service, average restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had the Brewer's Special flammekueche, which had bacon, onions, mushrooms, a desert, and three bags of salt. For those who've never been, a flammekueche (or a "flam" as they call it to make it easier to order) is pretty much a pizza with a super thin crispy crust and no tomato sauce. The one I had was extremely salty and dry, and the one my friend had looked like a regular pizza. I wouldn't recommend it because it really is a pizza with less ingredients. It's not great. I'd rather go to Boston Pizza.

Two other people at our table ordered wraps and those were fairly average to fair as well.

I don't really see what the hype is about this place. It's probably because it's near Eatons, making it an easy choice for many people. It was quite an average experience. If you come, you won't have a terrible experience, but I don't believe that this is a restaurant you have to try.

• Visited November 2012

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
“Below average food; average beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

The food was below average; the salad was low in ingredients and not fresh. We ordered a 6-piece sampler of beer, which was all the available beers on draught. They were just okay. It was a quiet atmosphere as we were there for lunch.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Aurora, Canada
“Large Birthday Party!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Staff were very accommodating to our large party! I am not a fan of ales but the server still took the time to help me choose a beer that I could drink. I'm also a vegetarian and she helped me find the veggie options on the menu. I ended up having a lovely green salad and the Mexican fries which were such a treat! The atmosphere is fabulous for a party and we really enjoyed ourselves.

My big complaint (and my reason for only giving 3 stars) is that they don't have a lager available! I don't understand why this is, but I almost exclusively drink lager and for this reason alone, I would only return to The 3 Brewers if either A) I'm not drinking. OR B) Someone else is choosing the restaurant. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of ales!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Recommended by waitress in hoops bar, arrived for early dinner was seated right away, waitress went through the menus n drinks for us due to being our first time. Both had wings to start excellent, mains lamb shank meat was lovely. Fries are best I have ever tasted but my pizza was average but I still enjoyed my dinner and the atmosphere was great buzzing feeling very popular. Defo go back, did try before we left but was too busy 30min wait I was too hungry to wait. Haha would recommend highly

Ottawa, Canada
“Average Food, Good Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stopped in to have a bite on our way out of the city as we've eaten at this restaurant in another city. This time around the food was less than impressive. I would probably opt for a place further away from the "tourist" centre of town.

Visited October 2012