“Always Sure of a Good Steak”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 8,506 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Hanover
“Always Sure of a Good Steak”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Keg is a standard must do if you are downtown Toronto. Quality of steak is very consistent and the twice-baked potato an excellent accompaniment.

2 Thank Paul S

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Aurora, Colorado
“Brilliant, energetic place for great steaks”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Lively, fun, great place for great steaks. Service excellent. Pricey, but probably worth it, considering the price of eating out in Canada.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Carol0104
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent value steaks”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We've tried multiple steak houses in toronto. And while there are places with slightly better cuisine, keg is definitely the best bang for the buck. The steaks simply taste great, cooked to our liking. And you have a decent choice of cuts and meats. They could improve on the side orders and the sauces though. The price for this is unbeatable. The wine list is not huge but well chosen and again inexpensive.
If you go for the steaks, this is a great choice.

1 Thank phoebos02
Toronto, Canada
“A great evening”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

After a long day of travelling and then walking downtown, we stopped at the Keg for dinner. The staff were friendly and seated us in a great booth.

I mentioned that I have a particular food allergy. My server was instantly at attention and politely said she would get her manager's assistance in helping me choose the right / safest meals. The manager came to our table and was so warm and friendly and went through the menu with me. She was also there as every item of food was presented at the table. I eat out a lot and I have rarely experienced restaurant staff who were so allergen cautious. I felt very safe!

We started with the "Sante Fe Chicken Dip" which was delicious! Just the perfect amount of heat to add some zip. I had a Cesear salad, that was prepared with just the right amount of dressing and shaved Parmesan cheese. For dinner, I had the teriyaki classic with a twice baked potato and veggies and my husband had the peppercorn steak. Both our meals were great.

1 Thank CnTrvl
Shropshire UK
“Undoubtedly 'The best Steak'”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Was recommended this place by our concierge at our hotel and had a quick view on TA. One of the things I totally agree with from other reviews you would not believe that this is part of a chain. being from the UK we had never heard of them anyway and our concierge Matt had been spot on with previous ideas fro us to go. The decor inside was really modern and well lit but not over bright, some steak restaurants can go from one extreme to the other. Our waiter was a really nice guy (annoyingly I forget his name) being very attentive and helpful with food and wine choices and we had a really good chat about our visit and he was genuinely interested in hearing about our life in the UK. Then the food arrived, we shared crab cakes for starters, they were a good size and the breadcrumbs held together without being overcooked. for main i went for Sirloin with Lobster tail and claw. I have steak cooked medium and this just melted in the mouth. Along with the wine that the waiter recommended (not expensive $25) it was quite frankly gorgeous. I have read loads of reviews about The best steak i have ever had but you have got to try this.
There is currently some construction work outside expected for another 3-6 weeks which means sitting outside would not be that nice whilst this is going on but sitting inside you wouldn't know it was there. Without doubt we would head back here.

• Visited July 2013