“Delicious ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: York-Crosstown
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Lived in TO for a year & live down the road from this place. The fried chicken is delicious. The only fault is the size of the restaurant is a bit small & cramped. The food is fresh & delicious.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Went there on a Sunday evening. Ordered a whole rack of ribs & whole chicken for take out. Being that the chicken and ribs are already cooked, the wait was 8-12 minutes maybe? It was busy but everyone working was well organized.
The ribs, unreal. My brother and I figured we could share the rack and the chicken (having chicken for left overs) but the ribs were so meaty and delicious we were satisfied after a couple. I only managed to eat the wing off the chicken. This is perfect because we had lots of left overs.
Highly recommend the chicken and ribs.
We can't eat the waffles or the fried chicken because of we are gluten intollerant. I heard the fries are amazing though.
Definitly recommend this anyone who loves ribs!
Check the menu (and times) before heading there.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I am on vacation from Florida and had seen on trip adviser the reviews so stopped by was very busy but got in sat at counter food was awesome had the chicken and my wife had the ribs both meals rocked would go back any time!!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Stockyards was well worth the drive/subway to get to. The place is small and was very busy for 4pm. There are two rows of seats, one along the wall and one facing the kitchen. We had a great pair of seats watching all the action in the kitchen. The ambiance is great, the music was perfect.

My wife ordered the 4 piece fried chicken with fries and seeing as it IS a smokehouse I had to order the brisket. Both are plated in large cast iron skillets. The fried chicken is by far the best we've ever had. It was so moist and tender. The coating/skin had a great flavour and was so crispy. Really enjoyed the chicken. The brisket was perfectly smoked, tender and juicy. The fries were piled HIGH and perfectly salted.

Our only disappointment would be the drink selection. Would be nice to see a selection of locally crafted OCB beers available. A Smokehouse lends itself extremely well to good, bold beers.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

always a good spot whether eat in or take out, good value as well . Staff is usually frienly which adds to the evening